PDA

View Full Version : Could not load ruleset root file base.xml



dmjendor
May 12th, 2007, 18:03
"Could not load ruleset root file base.xml. Do you want to try to reload the data."

Im not sure if I posted my problem in the right space, but here are the details of the problem Im having.

http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6208

Goblin-King
May 14th, 2007, 08:19
You said it works for you when hosting, which to me indicates that the ruleset is OK.

There might be a problem loading the file on the client end. Did your player see a file download dialog? Can you host the d20 ruleset and e.g. share images to the client experiencing this?

dmjendor
May 15th, 2007, 11:26
Yes, If I use the D20 client everything works fine, and no, when using the custom ruleset, they get the error as soon as they click connect.

solitair
May 17th, 2007, 03:14
I am experiencing the exact same error as well, except I am trying to host. Once I run the .exe file and select load campaign or create campaign I receive this error every time and can go no farther.:confused:

kalmarjan
May 17th, 2007, 04:02
I found that if you make sure there are no illegal characters in the ruleset folder name, such as &, / or even spaces, this will dissapear.

Try renaming your ruleset and creating a new campaign.

Sandeman

nezzir
May 21st, 2007, 00:37
I'm having the same issue. I just discovered it.

I have a custom ruleset.
It works wonderfully on my GM license client.
I can connect (join game) with my lite client on another system
If I try to "Create and View Local Characters" with my custom ruleset on my GM client - it works.
If I try to "Create and View Local Characters" with my custom ruleset on my Lite client - I get the "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml".
If I try to "Create and View Local Characters" with the d20 ruleset on my GM client - it works.
If I try to "Create and View Local Characters" with the d20 ruleset on my Lite client - it works.

So - it only fails if I try to "Create and View Local Characters" with the "Lite Client" and custom ruleset - works on full fine.

I've tried a fresh reload and fresh port of the ruleset data with the same results.

What's the difference between the Lite install and the Full install as far as files loaded and the method of processing the base.xml?

Edit:
I can't say how long ago it was, but this used to work fine on the lite client (with my ruleset). I think this was broken during one of the patches.

solitair
May 23rd, 2007, 23:09
I am experiencing this problem as well. I am not using any custom rule sets. All I have done to the campaign is imported several tokens and maps, nothing more. I have no modules or anything else. The suggestions above have not helped.

Sigurd
May 24th, 2007, 00:19
I have gotten this error perhaps 5% of the time when starting the program. Perhaps it is related to me changing the name of the hosting 'person' - I don't know. I have only received it when hosting never as a player.

So far I have eventually been able to load the ruleset and things have been normal. I hope there is not some hidden whammy waiting for me.


Sigurd