PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds for the Traveller Player

rcruk
October 27th, 2020, 00:00
Is there some way to avoid downloading and updating all the other systems that Fantasy Grounds checks for every time I update? I only use FGU for Traveller and I'm sure I don't need most of this other stuff.... thanks :)

R.

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2020, 00:03
No, any products you own are updated when the updater runs. Since many of our products have dependencies on other products, we don't provide a mechanism to limit updates.

Regards,
JPG

rcruk
October 27th, 2020, 00:12
No, any products you own are updated when the updater runs. Since many of our products have dependencies on other products, we don't provide a mechanism to limit updates.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks Moon Wizard. Was thinking about it when watching the updater go through all the D&D products. The question was sparked by one of my players who wondered why we go through so many updates when we don't play those games.

Kind regards,
R.

Sylvesr
October 27th, 2020, 16:24
Is there some way to avoid downloading and updating all the other systems that Fantasy Grounds checks for every time I update? I only use FGU for Traveller and I'm sure I don't need most of this other stuff.... thanks :)

R.

I'm in the same boat as you Rcruk, I only come to FG to do Traveller. It would be of great help if Traveller specific how to videos were generated too. Having to watch old D&D vids and extrapolate those into Traveller is painful.

MadBeardMan
October 27th, 2020, 17:22
I'm in the same boat as you Rcruk, I only come to FG to do Traveller. It would be of great help if Traveller specific how to videos were generated too. Having to watch old D&D vids and extrapolate those into Traveller is painful.

Videos will happen once more of the ruleset is more stable, though I am looking at them now, but my time is best working on the ruleset/products.

I was setting up a ko-fi page for videos and things, not sure I finished it cos of zero interest.

Cheers,
MBM

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 02:47
Videos will happen once more of the ruleset is more stable, though I am looking at them now, but my time is best working on the ruleset/products.

I was setting up a ko-fi page for videos and things, not sure I finished it cos of zero interest.

Cheers,
MBM

MBM are you the only guy working Traveller? Geez, I had no idea... I don't know what a Ko-fi page is.

In my PC's sheet on Inventory he has battle dress. However, on the Main tab under Armour there is nothing listed out. I checked the Party Sheet thinking it should be listed there as well but it is not. Have I done something wrong?

Xargun
October 30th, 2020, 04:46
MBM are you the only guy working Traveller? Geez, I had no idea... I don't know what a Ko-fi page is.

In my PC's sheet on Inventory he has battle dress. However, on the Main tab under Armour there is nothing listed out. I checked the Party Sheet thinking it should be listed there as well but it is not. Have I done something wrong?

You have to click the white button until it shows a chestpiece - which means its equipped. All inventory has 3 settings - blank (justed on the sheet), Carried (adds to your weight) and equipped (armor gives its benefits).

Xargun

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 13:11
You have to click the white button until it shows a chestpiece - which means its equipped. All inventory has 3 settings - blank (justed on the sheet), Carried (adds to your weight) and equipped (armor gives its benefits).

Xargun

Roger. I did that (upon your instruction) but it isn't changing the PC's stats or showing benefit? Suggestions?

Xargun
October 30th, 2020, 13:26
Roger. I did that (upon your instruction) but it isn't changing the PC's stats or showing benefit? Suggestions?

is it showing on the main page of the character sheet at the bottom? If yes, then redo the inventory on the party sheet so it rescans the characters and see if it shows up then.

Xargun

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 14:50
is it showing on the main page of the character sheet at the bottom? If yes, then redo the inventory on the party sheet so it rescans the characters and see if it shows up then.

Xargun

On main sheet there is nothing listed under Armour. On inventory it has listed Battle Dress (TL13), 100Kg, the buttons for carry equip or blank do cycle as I press it but have no effect on main sheet. However, the encumbrance does change with each of the three options (Carried, Equipped, not Carried).
I cleared the party sheet completely and then re added in the PC in question. His armour is also not appearing there either. (of note none of his attributes are populating either, only his name appears. I shot you a PM to see if we can chat voco.

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2020, 15:11

Hi Sylvesr,

There are three of us who 'work' on Traveller.

Myself - All the coding on the ruleset, all the Core book conversions and most of the adventures
LordNanoc - Testing on the ruleset, testing/review of all Core books, testing/review of the adventures and recently conversion of Reach 6/7.
Luthbel - All the image/graphical/theme work

I'm full time employed, family of 2 growing kids, lunatic, beer drinker (when pubs were open) and gamer. A solid week on Traveller would be around an additional 20 hours.

Right back to the SCT, as I've got a day off....

To answer your question, the BattleDress should reduce to zero encumbrance when it's 'worn' and should with 1.1.5 post stat modifiers in the Actions Tab. It should also appear as Armour worn on the main tab of the PC sheet.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
November 3rd, 2020, 15:46
Okay, so I am the tester and converting some of the adventures from Mongoose.

I am full time employed as a projectmanager, productmanager and consultant (40 to 60 hrs) as well as having my own company for GIS and IT consulting (more as a side hobby). Also got a wife who's legally blind and a 4 year old boy.
Whenever I can cut off some "me-time" I work on Traveller stuff, also creating my own homebrew campaign for our regular Traveller group (4 friends and my wife playing every other month) and atm playing BG3.

So yes, there's not much time but hey, you only live once.
cya,
Nanoc

Sylvesr
November 4th, 2020, 02:09
Okay, so I am the tester and converting some of the adventures from Mongoose.

I am full time employed as a projectmanager, productmanager and consultant (40 to 60 hrs) as well as having my own company for GIS and IT consulting (more as a side hobby). Also got a wife who's legally blind and a 4 year old boy.
Whenever I can cut off some "me-time" I work on Traveller stuff, also creating my own homebrew campaign for our regular Traveller group (4 friends and my wife playing every other month) and atm playing BG3.

So yes, there's not much time but hey, you only live once.
cya,
Nanoc

Sheesh and I thought my life was jam packed. Rock on Rock Star!
And thank you for helping the community.

Cheers,

RexCelestis
February 19th, 2021, 00:11
On main sheet there is nothing listed under Armour. On inventory it has listed Battle Dress (TL13), 100Kg, the buttons for carry equip or blank do cycle as I press it but have no effect on main sheet. However, the encumbrance does change with each of the three options (Carried, Equipped, not Carried).
I cleared the party sheet completely and then re added in the PC in question. His armour is also not appearing there either. (of note none of his attributes are populating either, only his name appears. I shot you a PM to see if we can chat voco.

I'm sorry to necro this thread folx, but I'm having the same issue. Has this been resolved? What's the secret?

Xargun
February 19th, 2021, 13:23
I'm sorry to necro this thread folx, but I'm having the same issue. Has this been resolved? What's the secret?

You have to equip armor before it shows on the character sheet. And you have to refresh the party sheet 'when' the armor is equipped for it to show up on there.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
February 19th, 2021, 13:40
You have to equip armor before it shows on the character sheet. And you have to refresh the party sheet 'when' the armor is equipped for it to show up on there.

Xargun

Hi,

It's a bug, I found it this morning, part of the work done to fit in all the CoreRPG changes, I'll get it pushed as a Hotfix later, I've also got another bug to do with Damage order (which stats).

To be honest the whole CoreRPG changes have gone very well, if you knew the impact you'd also be happy.

Cheers,
MBM