PDA

View Full Version : Demoralize automation

Haggar
October 25th, 2020, 21:40
Can anyone recommend the best way to automate Demoralize?

Willot
October 26th, 2020, 10:13
Ya sorta cant, the normal procedure for PF1e, 3.5 and 5e is the target rolls their SAVE (will) against DC of the instigator "attack".

PF2e is asking the instigator to roll against the TARGET's Will DC (Their Will+10). (the other way around)

The original ruleset PFRPG2 is based off (3.5) just wasn't built that way (in fact the complete opposite).

For the moment It's pretty much manual. (there is a way sorta; but it involves a bit to tedious jiggery and doesn't really work out quite mathematically right)

This whole thing needs a good looking at and rewriting I think....

Trenloe
October 26th, 2020, 10:35
Things like this are being slowly developed. The VsDC NPC automation available now is the first step in this process.

Until then, handle it manually - roll a skill check, compare with the target DC, then apply the relevant effect based off the success level.

Pawn
October 28th, 2020, 22:36
As Trenloe said, currently there's no was to roll a skill check vs a DC.

You can make an automation where the enemy rolls a will saving throw verse your skill DC with a custom spell and get mathematically the same outcome odds though, if all your interested in is automation to speed up the flow of combat.

I made a similar post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58986-Demoralize-automation&p=534346&viewfull=1#post534346) (with the exact same thread title lol) if you want to see my work around/check my math.

lostsanityreturned
October 30th, 2020, 09:16
As Trenloe said, currently there's no was to roll a skill check vs a DC.

You can make an automation where the enemy rolls a will saving throw verse your skill DC with a custom spell and get mathematically the same outcome odds though, if all your interested in is automation to speed up the flow of combat.

I made a similar post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58986-Demoralize-automation&p=534346&viewfull=1#post534346) (with the exact same thread title lol) if you want to see my work around/check my math.

Warning using this method though, any save bonuses will trigger (when they shouldn't) and any skill bonuses won't trigger (when they should)