PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 v1.1.6

MadBeardMan
October 24th, 2020, 16:40
Aftenoon Folks,

Just sent to Smiteworks! (21/11/2020).

Now that v1.1.5 has been send to FG and should go live next Tuesday, it's time to list what players would like in the Core ruleset going forward. I'm sticking with v1.1.X until High Guard appears.

There's no news on when Highguard will go live and I've not been very good and working with an extension for the Spacecraft CT, so some of it will come into this build.

So here's a list of what's planned:

Damage Mod bug Fixed. When rolling an Attack and getting a +Dmg mod, that Mod would apply to any future damage until an Attack was re-rolled. The damage mod is now only applied to the first damage roll
Custom Ammo. The Ammo Equipment Item has been extended, now showing all applicable Weapons to which that Ammo can be purchased/used, plus allowing you to add your own
Spacecraft Weapon Actions. A spacecraft can now have Weapon actions added to it. A new TAB has been added to the Spacecraft Record sheet 'Actions'.**
Racial Traits. Aslan come with their claw, and in future releases have Aliens with other traits. So starting with the Claw, I'm going to add the ability to add effects and more, based on Traits
Character Sheet. Many have asked, it's always been a block of work, but now the Character Sheet can be made wider, as wide as you want it... though not everything gets wider
Combat Tracker & NPC Sheet. I've tidied up the listing of NPC weapons, more space and alignments
Armour Rating. The Party Sheet now gets updated when armour is worn/unworn and single armours now show
Spacecraft CT. Basic CT added. You can drag Spacecraft onto it and assign factions. Weapon attacks only show during the Attacks phase. The Referee is the only one able to drag attack/damage actions onto enemy vessels at the moment.
Seafarer (Personal Skill) added into Core Rulebook and Players Reference
Equipment. Spacecraft Scale Weapons added into Equipment. Note these are subject to change with the upcoming v1.2.X release branch but are here for the moment.

** Taken from the Spacecraft Extension

Anything else just ask, I would like this released in early November so that gives us about 3 weeks.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 24th, 2020, 19:06
Can we get the ability to make the character sheet larger - currently we can make it 'longer' but not 'wider'.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
October 24th, 2020, 21:15
Can we get the ability to make the character sheet larger - currently we can make it 'longer' but not 'wider'.

Xargun

Hi Chap,

It's quite hard to be able for it to resize larger wider. As when you add a field you position it and then things align off of that.

What is it you need to be 'wider' then I can look into it.

For the Companion book there's a new character sheet, better laid out and it will support mini sheets.

But let me know what you want made wider and I'll see what I can quickly do.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 24th, 2020, 22:00
Hi Chap,

It's quite hard to be able for it to resize larger wider. As when you add a field you position it and then things align off of that.

What is it you need to be 'wider' then I can look into it.

For the Companion book there's a new character sheet, better laid out and it will support mini sheets.

But let me know what you want made wider and I'll see what I can quickly do.

Cheers,
MBM

Right now I can only think of the ability to make the character sheet wide - like 10 characters worth.. On the inventory tab (and actions) you can type a bunch of info into the spaces provided but due to the 'window' only being X wide you really can't it all.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
October 24th, 2020, 22:22
Right now I can only think of the ability to make the character sheet wide - like 10 characters worth.. On the inventory tab (and actions) you can type a bunch of info into the spaces provided but due to the 'window' only being X wide you really can't it all.

Xargun

Hi Xargun,

I like a challenge like this, if you follow my Twitter I'm about to post an example for you.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 24th, 2020, 22:24
Hi Xargun,

I like a challenge like this, if you follow my Twitter I'm about to post an example for you.

Cheers,
MBM

Unfortunately I am one of those anti-social people - I don't do any social media. But If you say you will work on it I believe you :)

Xargun

PS I am on discord though

MadBeardMan
October 24th, 2020, 22:26
Unfortunately I am one of those anti-social people - I don't do any social media. But If you say you will work on it I believe you :)

Xargun

PS I am on discord though

I am also on Discord

MadBeardMan (+1)#3554

Say ello and I'll send you the screen shot.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 24th, 2020, 22:35
I am also on Discord

MadBeardMan (+1)#3554

Say ello and I'll send you the screen shot.

Cheers,
MBM

Friend request sent

Xargun

Dalton Calford
October 25th, 2020, 23:46
MBM

Are all the attributes supported in the companion, supported by the new character sheet?

MadBeardMan
October 25th, 2020, 23:58
Are all the attributes supported in the companion, supported by the new character sheet?

Yes, but the Companion whilst converted, the rules for most of it haven't been completed so there's no release date on it and the updated sheet will be released with it.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
October 26th, 2020, 00:01
It is a shame you can't release the sheet ahead of the companion itself.

MadBeardMan
October 26th, 2020, 00:04
It is a shame you can't release the sheet ahead of the companion itself.

I could, but the options to add the new characteristics wouldn't be there.

This version has more updates to the sheet, you can widen the sheet if you need to.

I just need to finish one part of it then the sheet is complete for this update.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
October 26th, 2020, 00:14
Our group has been using the companion with an expanded UPP ie 777-777-777-777
The first group is the physical ie STRENGH; ENDURANCE; DEXTERITY
The second group is the mental INTELLECT; CHARM; SANITY
The third group is social SOCAL CLASS; WEALTH and EDUCATION
The forth group is special which is PSIONICS, LUCK and MORALE
I also allow for damage to be applied to both the physical and mental tracks (ie concussion stun etc)
As you can see, we use a fair amount of house rules that I hope we can continue to use in the VTT.

MadBeardMan
October 26th, 2020, 13:35
Our group has been using the companion with an expanded UPP ie 777-777-777-777
The first group is the physical ie STRENGH; ENDURANCE; DEXTERITY
The second group is the mental INTELLECT; CHARM; SANITY
The third group is social SOCAL CLASS; WEALTH and EDUCATION
The forth group is special which is PSIONICS, LUCK and MORALE
I also allow for damage to be applied to both the physical and mental tracks (ie concussion stun etc)
As you can see, we use a fair amount of house rules that I hope we can continue to use in the VTT.

Well as you know, I can't add anything from books until the books are released. I myself use the Companion a lot.

Just at the moment, it's all about small updates the spaceship CT. That's next.

Cheers,
MBM

Ramid
October 30th, 2020, 15:24
Is it possible to make ammunition loadable into a weapon? so if your carrying an ACRr dragging or choosing from a drop down list the ammo type being used modifies the statistics of the weapon ?
Much the same if you drag or choose from drop down weapon mods such as laser sight ?

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2020, 15:42
Is it possible to make ammunition loadable into a weapon? so if your carrying an ACRr dragging or choosing from a drop down list the ammo type being used modifies the statistics of the weapon ?
Much the same if you drag or choose from drop down weapon mods such as laser sight ?

Hi Ramid,

I don't fully understand. The ammo can be dragged onto a weapon in the actions tab, and that updates the statistics for that weapon for that ammo. If you want to use another ammo, or the standard rounds you just use those lines within the weapon.

Weapon Mods are just too loose (ie it's generic text) to be able to fully automate, so I added a MOD for each weapon action to account for things like Laser Sights etc.

Cheers,
MBM

Ramid
October 30th, 2020, 16:14
Ah! i missed that great work :)

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2020, 16:22
Ah! i missed that great work :)

Once the Spacecraft CT is in a good state I think it might be time to re-cap a lot of the work that's been done over the 1st year. I'm hesitant to write/video anything because it's just moving so fast it'll be out of date and need re-doing!

Cheers,
MBM

Ramid
October 30th, 2020, 17:16
Quite understandable :) and we do like shiny new toys

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 19:21
Xargun is the MAN!

Public props to Xargun. I was having some issues and he worked with me and chatted and shared Traveller GM tips, techniques and processes for well over an hour. The man's patience is infinite and GM skills out of this world (pun intended for Travellers). Hats off sir! And a hearty thank you.
Lee

Xargun
October 30th, 2020, 19:44
Public props to Xargun. I was having some issues and he worked with me and chatted and shared Traveller GM tips, techniques and processes for well over an hour. The man's patience is infinite and GM skills out of this world (pun intended for Travellers). Hats off sir! And a hearty thank you.
Lee

Thanks Lee - I did nothing that anyone else in the community wouldn't do for another. I know MBM chatted with me for a good 45 minutes last week over an issue I thought was the ruleset, but ended up being a non-Traveller font extension I was using. But you are welcome good sir. We all need to help each other out to keep our game alive and grow it.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
November 16th, 2020, 13:27
Hi Folks,

Down to 7 things to finish off (with the Spacecraft CT) before I can release this, it's quite a big update. But should have us ready for High Guard. Then the fun begins adding more automation based on how players want it to work.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
November 16th, 2020, 13:42
Hi Folks,

Down to 7 things to finish off (with the Spacecraft CT) before I can release this, it's quite a big update. But should have us ready for High Guard. Then the fun begins adding more automation based on how players want it to work.

Cheers,
MBM

Excellent. Thanks for the hard work MBM.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
November 19th, 2020, 17:02
Hi All,

Down to 3 things now. These are:

Allow Initiative to be rolled and add an Init Mod field
Show on the Client SCT the status of the ships
Look into players ships and what's required for them for the next update

Should be done this weekend, I always do more though, but there's a few bugs to fix so I'll get them sorted.

Cheers,
MBM

greyseasunder
November 19th, 2020, 20:01
Hi All,

Down to 3 things now. These are:

Allow Initiative to be rolled and add an Init Mod field
Show on the Client SCT the status of the ships
Look into players ships and what's required for them for the next update

Should be done this weekend, I always do more though, but there's a few bugs to fix so I'll get them sorted.

Cheers,
MBM

Awesome! Thanks MBM! Waiting patiently for the new releases (esp High Guard when it comes out). Thanks,
-Greyseasunder

MadBeardMan
November 19th, 2020, 22:32
Awesome! Thanks MBM! Waiting patiently for the new releases (esp High Guard when it comes out). Thanks,
-Greyseasunder

Evening,

High Guard isn't far out, I'll have 1.1.6 out soon, then be onto 1.2.0 which is to start to support High Guard things, ie Shields and it's a feature branch all about making the SCT and PC ships better.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
November 21st, 2020, 19:15
Hi Folks,

We're done for v1.1.6 for dev work, I'll look at the bugs tomorrow.

Basic Ship CT is all working (on the GM's side). The players can see the ships in the CT and the status, but don't get to make any rolls.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
November 21st, 2020, 21:54
Hi Folks,

I've sent this off to Smiteworks. I expect this to be pushed into TEST on Monday and then release on the following TUESDAY (30/11/2020).

So if you can test, please do. Work begins on v1.2.0 next.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
November 22nd, 2020, 17:54
Hi Folks,

I've sent this off to Smiteworks. I expect this to be pushed into TEST on Monday and then release on the following TUESDAY (30/11/2020).

So if you can test, please do. Work begins on v1.2.0 next.

Cheers,
MBM

May be a stupid question, but how would I test this?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
November 23rd, 2020, 16:18
May be a stupid question, but how would I test this?

Xargun

You'd need to run FG in TEST mode. There's plenty of help already for this, just make sure you back up your campaigns.

Cheers,
MBM