PDA

View Full Version : What C&C Rulesets, Companions are Required as a Bare Minimum?

kronovan
October 23rd, 2020, 00:09
I have FGC and FGU Ultimate and I'm looking to adapt and bring online a tabletop campaign I was previously running with the Shadows of Cthulhu companion for True20. I'm wondering if the Keeper 7e ruleset is enough to get a campaign going?

I ask because I own both the 7e Keeper and Investigator PDFs and the Keeper content is enough - provided players don't need to roll up their own PCs. For my campaign my players were playing pregens that were based on the playable characters available for the living card game, and I'd be recreating those for C&C 7e. Meanwhile my campaign is a homebrewed series of adventure similar in approach to the Doors to Darkness book. A number of my mythos monsters are homebrewed and I any pre-existing threats I used are all in the Keeper book. I own a number of FG rulesets and I'm aware that they vary from one to the other in terms of breadth of content and at times differ from printed core books. Hence my question.

NotRussellCrowe
October 23rd, 2020, 03:46
I think the ruleset alone is enough to run a campaign. That's all I've got and I've been running CoC for a while now and it works great.

The ruleset comes with all the content of the 7e Keeper's book and the character sheet is very functional.

kronovan
October 23rd, 2020, 19:22
...The ruleset comes with all the content of the 7e Keeper's book and the character sheet is very functional.

Thanks for the feedback and info - I bought the ruleset. ;)

NotRussellCrowe
October 23rd, 2020, 19:27
Thanks for the feedback and info - I bought the ruleset. ;)

It's a great ruleset. Happy gaming!

damned
October 24th, 2020, 01:33
C&C (or CnC) is generally Castles & Crusades
CoC is the usually short version of Call of Cthulhu :)

Yes the Ruleset is sufficient.
The main thing is that Occupations are not fleshed out very well in the Ruleset (as per the PDF/book)

kronovan
October 24th, 2020, 03:02
C&C (or CnC) is generally Castles & Crusades
CoC is the usually short version of Call of Cthulhu :)

doh! Don't know how I missed that. Probably because I've been considering a C&C purchase, but with having just bought the 13th Age ruleset and now CoC, me thinks I've got enough to chew on. ;)

Jiminimonka
December 3rd, 2020, 23:09
I think this is related, but which modules do I need to load for CoC 7e rules - I think I have 6th edition and 7th edition along side each other. Is 7e the blue icon books in the Library?

NotRussellCrowe
December 3rd, 2020, 23:15
I think this is related, but which modules do I need to load for CoC 7e rules - I think I have 6th edition and 7th edition along side each other. Is 7e the blue icon books in the Library?

Hi, Jiminimonka!

7e has two modules. See the attachment for details.

Note: if you search by author, Sandy's last name is spelled differently so just search on Sandy

Jiminimonka
December 3rd, 2020, 23:18
Hi, Jiminimonka!

7e has two modules. See the attachment for details.

Note: if you search by author, Sandy's last name is spelled differently so just search on Sandy

Thanks, I was beginning to wonder if I was going insane. The other ones have 2008 as the date so thats too long ago for 7e.

NotRussellCrowe
December 3rd, 2020, 23:25
No you're all good. There are a lot of modules that come with 6e. Nice that you can open all of them up in the 7e rule set though and it auto-converts for you! :)

Happy gaming!