PDA

View Full Version : Half DB option doesn't seem to work

barbageek
October 22nd, 2020, 13:17
Hi,

I have a character who use thrown weapon (knives and war boomerang). Damages for these weapons get a bonus of Half DB (i.e. DB check box is half checked).
When double clicking on the dmg column to trigger a damage roll (1D8 + Half DB whith DB=1D4) I get something strange. It seems that it takes DB or double of DB instead of Half DB. I join a screen capture of the chat window.
I'm using last FGU and last CoC 7e extension on MacOS.
Could you tell me what Im doing wrong or fix the bug, please.

Thanks

ianmward
October 23rd, 2020, 13:31
Hi barbageek,
Thanks for posting, I will take a look and see what is going on.

Hi,

I have a character who use thrown weapon (knives and war boomerang). Damages for these weapons get a bonus of Half DB (i.e. DB check box is half checked).
When double clicking on the dmg column to trigger a damage roll (1D8 + Half DB whith DB=1D4) I get something strange. It seems that it takes DB or double of DB instead of Half DB. I join a screen capture of the chat window.
I'm using last FGU and last CoC 7e extension on MacOS.
Could you tell me what Im doing wrong or fix the bug, please.

Thanks

ianmward
October 25th, 2020, 00:32
Hi barbageeks,

I am having trouble reproducing this. Can you share a screenshot of the chat after a restart, so I can see the versions of everything displayed?

Hi barbageek,
Thanks for posting, I will take a look and see what is going on.

barbageek
October 26th, 2020, 15:07
I'm using FGU on MacOS (my player is using windows 10 and have the same issue). I created a new campaign for these screenshots with only the CoC 7 ruleset (no extensions). I send you the screenshot after a restart and the screenshot of few rolls for a char with +1D4 DB rolling for thrown knife (1D6) damages.

ianmward
October 27th, 2020, 15:28
Rhanks, that helps.

I can see what it is doing, just not why. It is showing the halved db die result, but adding on the actual die result.

I will debug it on unity and get it fixed.

I'm using FGU on MacOS (my player is using windows 10 and have the same issue). I created a new campaign for these screenshots with only the CoC 7 ruleset (no extensions). I send you the screenshot after a restart and the screenshot of few rolls for a char with +1D4 DB rolling for thrown knife (1D6) damages.

ianmward
November 5th, 2020, 08:43
I fixed this issue and have released the fix to Smiteworks. You should see an update soon.

Ian

barbageek
November 5th, 2020, 10:17
thank you !