PDA

View Full Version : Classic won't run sometimes

Shrapp
October 22nd, 2020, 04:00
I run FG classic Ultimate through steam, and I love it. However, sometimes it doesn't allow people to connect with me. I don't do anything different when it dies and doesn't allow people to connect. I've tried updating FG, restarting my computer and router, nothing works. What can I do to consistently make sure it allows me to host games? ("Computers" is a foreign language to me, so a basic walkthrough on how to do the things as well would be appreciated)

I am trying to utilize this to go ProDM, but that will be hard if I can't use it in a quarter of my sessions. Please help. Thank you in advance!

Kelrugem
October 22nd, 2020, 04:09
I run FG classic Ultimate through steam, and I love it. However, sometimes it doesn't allow people to connect with me. I don't do anything different when it dies and doesn't allow people to connect. I've tried updating FG, restarting my computer and router, nothing works. What can I do to consistently make sure it allows me to host games? ("Computers" is a foreign language to me, so a basic walkthrough on how to do the things as well would be appreciated)

I am trying to utilize this to go ProDM, but that will be hard if I can't use it in a quarter of my sessions. Please help. Thank you in advance!

So, your port forwarding fails then? You can redo your portforwarding rules then for example, check the network settings etc :) It can be caused by many things, I also have sometimes this problem because, for whatever reason, the network forwards sometimes the port to my mobile phone :D Then I need to turn off the internet on my mobile phone, and restart my computer such that the portforwarding then leads to my computer again :D

LordEntrails
October 22nd, 2020, 04:45
Its something about your network. Read this thread, post the answers to the 8 questions; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

Though you may wish to consider FGU since it has a more modern networking architecture that eliminates these issues for most folks.