PDA

View Full Version : Extensions for Conan

spire
October 22nd, 2020, 00:52
Currently, there is no way to write extensions for Conan on account of the encryption on the .PAK

Why not save everyone some trouble (yourselves included!) and provide the community with some kind of documentation so that we can write the code for you via extensions and you can just include the best bits as you please? Free trial balloons ... it's a small dev team's dream come true, I'd think.

It would boost your sales by a non-trivial amount, I'd reckon. DMs like to home-brew and you're killing that Momentum (no pun intended), instead of capitalizing on it.

At the very least it would keep people from being so frustrated with the rough edges and missing pieces of functionality and content. Is it that much work to do? Is it Modiphius that won't allow it? I don't get the decision to keep this locked down this hard.

spire
October 22nd, 2020, 01:01
Nevermind ... I just saw their response to this question on the Nerd-eye forums ... they say it'll come out after they're done with the ruleset for Conan. I assume this means stuff like combat tracker; chunky stuff that may still change structurally to a degree that makes documentation moot at this time.

Valyar
October 22nd, 2020, 07:34
I doubt, but let's see. I want desperately better CT, this default from CoreRPG is impossible to use properly with Conan way of doing battles.

ShotGun Jolly
October 23rd, 2020, 05:58
I doubt, but let's see. I want desperately better CT, this default from CoreRPG is impossible to use properly with Conan way of doing battles.

Upvoted!!!!