PDA

View Full Version : Network Error

BigGreenSquid
May 11th, 2007, 08:07
Hopefully someone can help me. Every time I connect to a remote server, after a few minutes I get a network error, telling me that "the connection to the host was lost. Restart to reconnect." When I try to log back in I'm told that the name is already in use, try another. Seems like the remote server still has me logged in, and it's a disconnect on my end. Is there something I can do to fix this problem.

I am on a satellite (ie. high latency), could it be a timeout issue?

Griogre
May 11th, 2007, 18:56
Timeout on your end seems likely. As far as reconnecting to the server you need to wait for it to time you out. It use to be you could have the GM "kick" you to shorten the time out on the server but in FG2 the GM can apparently no longer kick players - so you may need to wait a minute or so to reconnect.

BigGreenSquid
May 11th, 2007, 19:20
I am fairly certain that the problem is on my end. This afternoon I could see other players and the DM typing, but when I tried to reply it would never show up. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Griogre
May 11th, 2007, 22:24
I'm not sure on this. If there is a way to change the default time out on the client that might help. Satalite use to have a dialup "up" and a satellite "down". I would be curious if you had better luck staying connected with just dialup. I'm not sure it means much on the seeing them typing while you are out. There would be about at least one full second lag between them typing and you receiving so you could have been "out" but still getting packes in the pipeline. Have you ever tried running a voice app?

BigGreenSquid
May 11th, 2007, 23:03
I'm in Iraq, there is nothing else leaving this country besides satellite. I use VoIP/Video calls on a daily basis with no problems. A little lag but that's it. I have found no settings at all for this program.