PDA

View Full Version : LoS line definitions not showing on map

Valdemar
October 21st, 2020, 18:01
I am defining line of sight on a map for Tegel Manor (pretty big detailed map). I am about 80% through, and the lines are no longer showing up when I drop them. It is apparent from some terrain items that they lines are there, but they are not showing on the map - makes it really difficult to finish as I cant see what is there or not.

HELP!

Overall definition
Rooms with terrain defined but not showing lines
Example of defined item that lines are not showing

Ruleset 5e
No Extensions loaded.

The issue is not limited to terrain at this point - any new lines I put down show up while I am dropping them but instantly disappear upon clicking. I have tired walls, doors, windows, terrain.

Thank you for your help.

LordEntrails
October 21st, 2020, 18:37
You mean in your third image you do not see the LOS lines? That is because you are in Play mode. See the die is clicked in the image control? Click on the LOS icon instead in the top row.

Valdemar
October 21st, 2020, 18:51
You mean in your third image you do not see the LOS lines? That is because you are in Play mode. See the die is clicked in the image control? Click on the LOS icon instead in the top row.

The terrain you can see is there is not showing the occluder line definition in the second image - but it should be visible in the second image (green lines and points...

Valdemar
October 21st, 2020, 18:57

To clarify - I included the third image to illustrate that the terrain definition is actually there - but not visible when in LoS definition mode.

The first image was just to illustrate that there is a bunch of stuff already defined, just handling the outlying areas and terrain.

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2020, 19:19
You have a couple of blank layers. What are they for?

I can't diagnose an issue from your screenshots. I assume also that you are doing this all in the same campaign?

Valdemar
October 21st, 2020, 19:32
I'm not sure what you mean by blank layers - yes this is all in the same campaign

LordEntrails
October 21st, 2020, 19:39
I'm not sure what you mean by blank layers - yes this is all in the same campaign
You map has 3 layers, two of them have no names, both of those have associated LOS with them, and one of them is locked.

I've never put LOS on more than 1 layer. Is it some how related to the unnamed layers or having more than 1 LOS layer?

Valdemar
October 21st, 2020, 19:44
You map has 3 layers, two of them have no names, both of those have associated LOS with them, and one of them is locked.

I've never put LOS on more than 1 layer. Is it some how related to the unnamed layers or having more than 1 LOS layer?

That seems to be the issue - I guess I had somehow added a second line of site layer. Is there a way to merge the two LoS layers - if not no bid about 80% of what I have done is on one of them, I could just redraw the part on the second layer if needed...

LordEntrails
October 21st, 2020, 20:19
I think you are supposed to be able to have multiple LOS layers I just don't know. Not sure if one of Mr Z's videos addresses this. Hopefully he can point us to the solution as I would like to know more about this too.

Valdemar
October 21st, 2020, 21:23
You have a couple of blank layers. What are they for?

I can't diagnose an issue from your screenshots. I assume also that you are doing this all in the same campaign?

I had inadvertently added a second LoS definition layer - my bad.

However after starting to enter the items I had on the second layer into the first (deleted the second layer) it started to do the same thing on the first after adding several lines and points. Is there a maximum number of lines/points you can have on a layer? After drawing a line on the LoS layer now - the line draws and the points add, then immediately the line disappears from view (I suspect it is still actually there - just not showing on screen.

So question - Is there a maximum number of lines / points that you can have on a single layer?

Zacchaeus
October 21st, 2020, 21:52
Not that I'm aware of. I know several maps that I have done have over 10,000 points on them.

If you have deleted the offending layers though I'm not sure why they would come back.

pindercarl
October 22nd, 2020, 05:24
I had inadvertently added a second LoS definition layer - my bad.

However after starting to enter the items I had on the second layer into the first (deleted the second layer) it started to do the same thing on the first after adding several lines and points. Is there a maximum number of lines/points you can have on a layer? After drawing a line on the LoS layer now - the line draws and the points add, then immediately the line disappears from view (I suspect it is still actually there - just not showing on screen.

So question - Is there a maximum number of lines / points that you can have on a single layer?

You can have more than one layer with LOS data. So that is not the issue. From what you've described, it sounds like a display issue. Can you attach a .zip'd copy of your campaign so I can take a look? Thanks.

Valdemar
October 22nd, 2020, 17:57
Will do - I started pulled all the terrain off the "structure" layer. Now when having both visible, there is a weird mix of the definition that the lines are not showing up - some from both layers. They do all appear to be working, you just can see all of them at once... I will send the zip to you later today.

Comparison of what I see with only one layer visible vs. both.

Valdemar
October 22nd, 2020, 18:00
View with both attached.

Valdemar
October 22nd, 2020, 18:46
It appears the older lines are dropping off the view.

Valdemar
October 22nd, 2020, 19:35
It appears the older lines are dropping off the view.

file for review -

pindercarl
October 22nd, 2020, 20:24
Thanks for sending the file, Valdemar. There was a limit of 8191 occluder points that could be rendered at one-time. I've switch the indices to 32-bit. The new limit is 500M. The fix should be in the next release.

Valdemar
October 22nd, 2020, 20:29
Thanks for sending the file, Valdemar. There was a limit of 8191 occluder points that could be rendered at one-time. I've switch the indices to 32-bit. The new limit is 500M. The fix should be in the next release.

Thank you - VERY quick response - Excellent!

LordEntrails
October 22nd, 2020, 20:35
But Carl... 500 million? What if I want to make a map of earth and put all occluders on it? I don't even think I could finish New York City with 500 million points...
*end whine*!