PDA

View Full Version : A Campaign to get us into the Fantasy Grounds

Bronsonortiz
May 11th, 2007, 01:17
I am new to the Fantasy Grounds, but have decided to jump in head first (either sink or swim) and learn along the way. I will be hosting a premade adventure; I believe it is set in Forgotten Realms. This adventure is for 5-6 players and should take them to about fith level. It is a dungeon explorer and though it is for low level characters it is not an intorduction to D&D module but for all level of players. As I stated before I am new to FG, NOT D&D, so anyone who is intrested in getting aquainted with the system with me is welcome to join, anyone experienced with FG and would like to lend a helping hand is more than welcome. Anyone who would be irritated by noobys need not apply. I hope this will be the start of an on going campaign. But right now I'm just trying to get started.

My EMAIL [email protected]

My I.P. loud echo ugly gate

I would like to have the games Thursday or Tuesdays around 8:00 pm centrlal time for 3-4 hours.

g0ose
May 11th, 2007, 03:09
I'm very interested, so, count me in :)

My email is [email protected]

Greg13
May 11th, 2007, 12:34
Can you convert that to the current english time? I cant find a site that will do it anywhere?

sunbeam60
May 11th, 2007, 12:51
Can you convert that to the current english time? I cant find a site that will do it anywhere?
https://www.whattimeisit.com/convert.htm

Greg13
May 11th, 2007, 13:04
Thanks for that link!
Argh that would make it around 01:00 here. Maybe a little to late at the momment. But when are you looking to start it up?
Greg

Bronsonortiz
May 11th, 2007, 13:06
Kingsholm lies at the base of a series of rolling foothills. No
one knows how long the community has existed; Ian Turbrand,
the owner of the Coronet and Cabbage Inn, insists that
someone from his family has run the hostelry for more than
three hundred years. Kingsholm appears much like every
other town in the land, with one exception—its graveyard.
Built on and in the nearby hills, the graveyard has existed
for centuries. Some townsfolk believe the graveyard predates
the community, and nearly all the people living in
Kingsholm evince a particular pride in that fact. Prominent
individuals who die in Kingsholm have the honor of being
interred in the graveyard's mausoleum, the centerpiece of
the graveyard. Kingsholm's guards—known as sentinels—
patrol the graveyard almost as frequently as they patrol the
community's streets.
The most notable feature of the graveyard actually lies a
little over a mile north of the town, high up in the hills. There
stands the statue of an ancient king. No one in Kingsholm
knows who he was or why the statue was erected there, but
the townsfolk live in awe of the monument. Indeed, while
the common folk have no fear of their maintained graveyard,
few venture up to visit the forgotten king.

Two days ago, a family of mourners ventured up into the
graveyard and didn't return. A pair of sentinels investigated,
but these guards vanished as well. The townsfolk are in a
panic. They've always heard rumors of disturbances in graveyards
and tombs, but never has such misfortune struck in
their town. They look to the player characters for aid.

Noelle
May 11th, 2007, 22:03
I wanna play and you can count me in on anytime

Bloodknight80
May 11th, 2007, 22:24
Hey, i'm new to FG like a lot of people I see on the forums. Have played AD&D 2nd edition so i'm fairly acquainted with D&D. I'd be interested in joining if possible.

Akivara
May 12th, 2007, 00:18
I'm interested too, count me in.

Bronsonortiz
May 12th, 2007, 01:30
Thanks for that link!
Argh that would make it around 01:00 here. Maybe a little to late at the momment. But when are you looking to start it up?
Greg

I would like to have a group by next week.

2nd level character from the core rule books. You may start with any nonmagical equipment. A good back ground is allways helpfull, but at this point it is not required since we are just trying to get started. I would like for you to give the character personality, though. We can add onto their history as we go along. I'lll try to have the server up in the evenings after 6:00 pm or so. Feel free to log on and create your character.

Bloodknight80
May 12th, 2007, 09:33
Which edition rulebooks?

Oberoten
May 12th, 2007, 09:35
Not to mention : Which timezone?

tommy357
May 12th, 2007, 17:22
Hi, Bronsonortiz

I'm interested to join. please count me in.

My MSN: [email protected]
My Email: [email protected] or
[email protected]

I'm looking forward for your reply soon.

Tommy:)

Bronsonortiz
May 13th, 2007, 15:10
Not to mention : Which timezone?

Time zone was already stated in my first post (central time which is -6:00)

Bloodknight80
May 13th, 2007, 18:59
Which edition rulebooks were you planning on using?

Bronsonortiz
May 15th, 2007, 02:08
To Recap so far. The game will be using the 3.5 core rule books. Characters should be created using the 30 point buy system as described in the DMG. I told several other players 72 points total, scrap that method and let's just use the official method or if you would rather log on and use the standard roll method. Characters should be second level and have max HP. Equip your character with any nonmagical items.

The game will be hosted thursdays at 9pm central time. The host address is loud echo ugly gate.

So far I have one player who has logged on and created a character, a female cleric and three more players who have shown interest.

Kopana
May 15th, 2007, 03:30
Gah, nevermind, I just realized you decided on Thursdays, can't play then, the only day my group guranteedly isn't playing is Tuesdays, we try to keep most other days open in case everyones on.

Auly
May 16th, 2007, 21:37
It's been a while since I've used FG and with the update I'm interested in giving it a shot again. Are you still on for tomorrow? If so I can put something together. Also I would like to find out if you would be available earlier to do character creation.

Thanks
Auly

Bronsonortiz
May 16th, 2007, 23:39
I am still on for tomorow. I may not have the turnout I expected but I have two that seem reliable with you that would make three. With an NPC retainer or 2 It should be perfect. I run the server everyday after I get off work. I usually don't just sit and stare at the screen waiting for someone to logon and being that there is no audible sound or other means of notification when a player logs on I wont imiedietly realize somone is connected. So feel free to make your self at home and create your character. You can do this buy using the standard roll system or 30 point buy system as described in the DMG. I'm not going to be to picky about ability scores as this is a game to get us new players into the action. If you don't like your scores reroll them. Hope to see you tomorrow. We have 2 clerics so far, so a different class is the only rquirement I have.

Bronsonortiz
May 18th, 2007, 00:49
There are still plenty of slots open at least 3

g0ose
May 18th, 2007, 04:28
I can't connect?

Auly
May 24th, 2007, 23:39
Well not able to connect right now I'm going to try again in a bit while I get up on another system.. I'm also on my email and AIM Bronsonortiz.

Auly
May 31st, 2007, 18:12
Well I think my effort connecting last week was in vein yet hope to see everyone tonight.

Take Care
Auly

Mellock
June 1st, 2007, 19:37
Hmm... might you guys still be looking for an extra player?