PDA

View Full Version : Minisheet extensions

Valarian
May 10th, 2007, 20:22
I'm trying to add some additional information to the character minisheet. I've extended the frame size values to match those of the spells minisheet (height 200), but the minisheet doesn't seem to want to grow so that the additional information can be shown. I've searched the XML for the windowclass name, but only get the declaration in charsheet_minisheets.xml and the call in charsheet_main.xml

Where do I need to go to extend the minisheet? Can it be done?

<windowclass name="charsheetmini_main">
<frame>minisheet</frame>
<placement>
<size>
<width>220</width>
<height>200</height>
</size>
</placement>
<nodelete />
<script file="scripts/minisheet.lua" />
<sheetdata>

TarynWinterblade
May 10th, 2007, 20:31
See my explanation in: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41521&postcount=2

Valarian
May 10th, 2007, 21:11
Taryn,

Thanks, the CampaignRegistry.lua script must be the reason the minisheet wasn't extending. I deleted the test campaign, and recreated from the ruleset and the minisheet showed up as the required size.

TarynWinterblade
May 10th, 2007, 21:32
Taryn,

Thanks, the CampaignRegistry.lua script must be the reason the minisheet wasn't extending. I deleted the test campaign, and recreated from the ruleset and the minisheet showed up as the required size.

np. Like I said in my other post... it took me quite a while to figure out why none of my sheets were showing up the proper size. :cry:

Valarian
May 12th, 2007, 12:50
Just to clear up, you don't need to modify the CampaignRegistry.lua script. What I did was remove the campaign folder I was using to test with. Then I recreated the test campaign from the changed ruleset. The CampaignRegistry.lua script must only be populated when you create the campaign in the first place. So, window sizes are fixed at campaign creation. The content of the windows can be modified and shows up on application restart.

TarynWinterblade
May 12th, 2007, 21:16
Just to clear up, you don't need to modify the CampaignRegistry.lua script. What I did was remove the campaign folder I was using to test with. Then I recreated the test campaign from the changed ruleset. The CampaignRegistry.lua script must only be populated when you create the campaign in the first place. So, window sizes are fixed at campaign creation. The content of the windows can be modified and shows up on application restart.

True. But then again, in my ruleset I'm making all the windows different sizes probably, so I'd hate having to re-create the campaign every time I changed a window size ;)