PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Questions

Last_resort_33
May 10th, 2007, 19:52
Ok. I am new to the editing fantasy grounds, only had it a few days, but I KNOW that I am going to have a lot of stupid questions that don't require their own thread. If you don't mind, then I am going to keep a single thread for any stupid questions that don't deserve their own (mine and others).

SO!

how do I alter the height of a character sheet in my own ruleset? I've looked through all of the Charsheet_whatever.xml files and changed everything that looked suitable, but nothing seems to have worked. I just need it 70 pixels taller, is that too much to ask?

TarynWinterblade
May 10th, 2007, 20:29
Ok. I am new to the editing fantasy grounds, only had it a few days, but I KNOW that I am going to have a lot of stupid questions that don't require their own thread. If you don't mind, then I am going to keep a single thread for any stupid questions that don't deserve their own (mine and others).

SO!

how do I alter the height of a character sheet in my own ruleset? I've looked through all of the Charsheet_whatever.xml files and changed everything that looked suitable, but nothing seems to have worked. I just need it 70 pixels taller, is that too much to ask?

This one annoyed me for quite a while, actually...

For some reason, FG2 likes to keep a little file called CampaignRegistry.lua which stores the size / position of every top level window (ie: the character sheet and whatnot)

While this is probably very helpful when you're done modding, it's very annoying when you're still working on it.

My advice, until you're done with your modifications: go into the campaign/<your campaign>/ folder, and open up CampaignRegistry.lua in notepad. Put the only text in there as {} and then set the file as read only so that FG can't change it.

This will cause it to always load the default size / position from the ruleset, rather than from that file.

Last_resort_33
May 12th, 2007, 08:02
*Flies into minor rage*

Wwell at least it WAS a obscure answer, and I wasn't doing anything stupid!

second stupid question. where is the colour for the text pointer held? you know, the extra | that text appears from when you type.

third stupid question, is it possible to change the mouse pointer for one particular ruleset. I have looked for a graphic for it, but can't find it.