PDA

View Full Version : Effects Question

gbhenderson
October 18th, 2020, 14:43
I'm pretty new to FGU. I've been able to figure out most effects just from the MM, spells, items, wiki, and the user manual. But this one has me stumped.

Is there a way to set up an effect so that nonmagical B, S, P damage against an NPC is always just 1 point?

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2020, 18:34
There's no way to do this automatically. But you can ust set up an effect that does 1 point of damage and apply that to the target.

celestian
October 18th, 2020, 20:19
I'm pretty new to FGU. I've been able to figure out most effects just from the MM, spells, items, wiki, and the user manual. But this one has me stumped.

Is there a way to set up an effect so that nonmagical B, S, P damage against an NPC is always just 1 point?

Zacch is correct. There is currently no way to automate that within the 2E ruleset.

AD&D has some very specific features (there is one that takes just the X bonus magic damage from a S, P weapon and different from B) that are so complex to code them within the ruleset itself that it's not worth the effort for 1-3 types of creatures.

gbhenderson
October 18th, 2020, 20:39
Thanks guys. Glad to know I wasn't just overlooking it somehow. Manual it is!

AD&D has some very specific features (there is one that takes just the X bonus magic damage from a S, P weapon and different from B) that are so complex to code them within the ruleset itself that it's not worth the effort for 1-3 types of creatures.

Completely understandable. I've been building my old 2e Ravenloft monstrous compendiums, and so far I've only run across one critter that even has the effect.