PDA

View Full Version : Library "only" module?

WolfStar76
May 10th, 2007, 19:44
Hey gang.

I've been skimming the threads on how to export a module, and I've a question.

I've been working on converting the RPGA's Xen'drik Expeditions Campaign Standards 2.0 into a module for use in the library, and been making decent progress (probably 65% done with the core content, though some formatting might need a revision).

I've exported the module to make sure I'm doing it "right" and found a couple of small curiosities.

First, when I load the module into my "testbed" campaign - I note that the book does show in the library (and even include the graphic I had chosen), however it also puts all the data from the module into the GM's story book as well.

My hope was to create a mere "rulebook" that could be referenced as-needed, like the d20 books - have I merely overlooked/misunderstood the export screen options? Ideally this reference would be viewable in the library by the GM and by the players.

Secondly - while the "story" section is alphabetized as I wanted (I've been inputting the sections as 1) 2) 3), etc - with the sidebars coming how they may) the "book" in the library appears to be sorted by the order of data entry/creation.

Is there a simple way of re-ordering that data without starting over?

I might be willing to share one of my earlier exports of the module (containing about 2 pages of information) if it would help in troubleshooting.

Griogre
May 10th, 2007, 20:31
Goblin-King in a post mentioned the /export function performed as you observed - libary book and story book. He implied that you needed to create the .mod by hand to avoid the storybook entries.

Thus I think you can use the /export as a quick way of checking your "book" but for the final version you will need to create the .mod by hand.

As far as the order, the story book like all the books auto sorts entries. The library from what you said does not. Without looking at the xml I would guess you need to change your node numbers so that they are in the order you want them to actually appear in.

sloejack
May 11th, 2007, 02:41
Secondly - while the "story" section is alphabetized as I wanted (I've been inputting the sections as 1) 2) 3), etc - with the sidebars coming how they may) the "book" in the library appears to be sorted by the order of data entry/creation.

Is there a simple way of re-ordering that data without starting over?

I might be willing to share one of my earlier exports of the module (containing about 2 pages of information) if it would help in troubleshooting.

Since I generally hack this stuff together by hand (with the help of some custom scripts) I've been able to control the display order pretty well. Can you describe how you're building the library module via FG and I can see if there's an easy answer for you.