PDA

View Full Version : Map module issues

HywelPhillips
October 17th, 2020, 17:31
Hi Everyone,

I'm probably doing something dim, but since I updated FGU today my map module export procedure seems to have broken.

I keep all my battlemaps in a separate campaign (which happens to be CoreRPG ruleset, stupidly, but I'm stuck with it now). I make all the LOS mods etc there centrally then export as a module so I can use them in all my campaigns.

Today the export procedure seems to have broken and I don't know if I've just mis-remembered it or something has changed. Here's what I do, can anyone spot what's gone wrong?

In the Battlemaps campaign, do my edits. Export from that campaign, giving it a module name and comments etc. and exporting just the "Images and Maps" option tick-box.

This creates a .mod file in the modules directory.

I rename this to .zip and unzip.

I edit the definition.xml file and change the ruleset entry from CoreRPG to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>, save the file.

Rezip, rename to .mod

Now my 5e campaigns aren't picking up the module as loadable, so it doesn't appear in the list. It appears fine in a CoreRPG campaign.

I'm really confused, can anyone suggest what might be going on? It's almost like it is picking up a "phantom" version of the .mod file. Have I mis-remembered the magic incantation to get the module usable in all rulesets?

Hywel

LordEntrails
October 17th, 2020, 18:02
Are you re-zipping the folder? You must rezip the contents of the folder and not the folder itself. If that's not it, try changing capitalization on "any".

HywelPhillips
October 17th, 2020, 21:37
Uh, for whatever reason, it has now worked. I went through the whole procedure again (having already done so five or six times already) and this time it worked. As far as I know the only thing I did in between is empty the trash. Maybe MacOS is doing something strange with stale pointers. It's very odd.

I do need to rezip the whole folder, at least on MacOS that's how it always works?

I don't know what that was all about, I will see if it recurs. Might be an OS problem rather than a FGU problem.

Cheers, Hywel