PDA

View Full Version : New DM LFP (18 Y/O +) New players preferred (small one time charge)

Krunkle87
October 17th, 2020, 04:57
Hello!

My name is Kyle. I have really wanted to play D&D again and I've noticed that is very difficult to find games (paid options are usually lot) I decided that I would try to be a DM to help players like me find a game. I've only played a few times and tried to DM a few times with friends. Keep in mind that I am new. I plan to run 4 different concurrent Adventure League Modules and would like to get a consistent group to go through them all. The only charge I will assess is a $3 per module (4 modules) fee (total of $12). This is only to recoup the cost of buying the materials online. Please be kind to fellow players. I am not sensitive, nor a SJW, however I won't tolerate anyone being hateful. We will be using voice chat, and maybe one day video. Please be 18 years or older.

Please if you are interested answer the following:

Name:

D&D experience:

What are you looking for from me as a DM:

Type of gameplay you like (roleplay, combat, mix):

Are you nervous or shy about playing:

What interests you about the game:

FG License: Standard
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: PST/CST

Day of week and time: Will discuss with group

If new game, planned start date: 10/23

Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly

Term: Unknown. Want to run 4 Adventure League Modules

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Teamspeak or Discord

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? At the beginning no (maybe one day)

Roleplay & Combat mix: Both
Number of Players in game & needed: 5
Character starting level & equipment: 1 (PHB)
Character restrictions: Only using PHB

Details of your scenario: Will discuss. Adventure league Material.

mlapoint
October 18th, 2020, 17:04
If this is still open, I would be very interested in joining.

Name:
Mike LaPointe

D&D experience:
35+ years off and on (I'm 47)

Reliability both in your dates/time of play and your ruling of the group

Mix but I am a little weak on the role-playing. I do not like changing my voice to play a character.

Not at all

I enjoy the interaction between players and characters. I have been an avid reader my entire life. I enjoy bringing the stories to life.

Time Zone:
CST - I live in central Wisconsin

Day of week and time:
I am free the following days and times:
Monday
Wednesday
Thursday
6pm - 10pm CST but it could go longer

I have Ultimate License of both Classic and Unity and several add-ons.

I also have a character I have been working on all from the PHB.

frozencreek
October 18th, 2020, 20:24
Name: Saber

D&D experience: 2nd edition, 3.5 edition

What are you looking for from me as a DM: understand you are new to DM, am willing to go with the flow.

Type of gameplay you like (roleplay, combat, mix): mix

Are you nervous or shy about playing: sounds like fun.

What interests you about the game: I like the writing content of premade modules. I like having to think of things to say in character.

Time Zone: Pacific Time

Day of week and time: I prefer Saturday or Sunday so I'm thinking of work less.

mlapoint
October 19th, 2020, 13:31
Are you planning a Session 0? I have a Halfling Fighter that I have created and I am having an issue getting the Halfling Luck to work.

Also, judging by the other people I have seen respond, they want Friday - Sunday. Those days won't work for me because I already play on every other Friday night and I want to keep the weekend open for my family.

Thank You,
Mike LaPointe

Kolinaar
October 21st, 2020, 01:56
Name:
Kolinaar

D&D experience:
38 years off and on (I'm 48)

I would agree with Mike that reliability is a big factor, but someone who enjoys being a DM and is player/story-driven.

Roleplay is key, although combat is an essential part in giving depth, the sense of precarity it bring adds to the overall immersion. So a mix 70%RP 30% Combat would be ok with me

No

Developing a story and relationships, growing in power and having an impact on the meta of a world is deeply satisfying.

Time Zone:
Eastern Time - I live in Montréal, Quebec, Canada

Day of week and time:
I am free the following days and times:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Friday
6pm - 10pm CST but it could go longer. I cana lso on weekends but that takes advanced knowledge ( I need to roll a diplomacy check)

I have Ultimate License.

Cheers

Kolinaar

reekhadol
October 22nd, 2020, 20:53
Hello, I might not be at the highest level of experience but I'd be more than happy to take part in this.

Name:
Fabio

D&D experience:
Minimal (played other systems, GURPS, Baldur's Gate 2 and 3 and a local D10 based DND spinoff) I'm 29, going to be 30 in one month.

Communicating with the rest of the party how you plan to handle us in terms of splitting off, possible conflict and "creative" solutions.

I am mainly a combat/problem solving player, and I have needed to be reeled in in terms of meta-language used. Trying to work on that. I usually play high int characters or idiot savants.

No, but I need to learn my fellow players' boundaries to riff off of each other

I enjoy the make-believe aspect of the game, I have characters and stories in my mind I enjoy bringing to life and adapting to various situations.

Time Zone:
CET (central europe, but have a very big clinical sleeping disorder, I usually go to sleep at around 6 AM)

Day of week and time:
Generally every day of the week, I might have some issues on Fridays and Saturdays but I finish work at 21:00 CET which is usually early enough to keep up with US-based players.

I can purchase any necessary material (within limits) and will create a character suited to the party roles (although due to my limited DnD experience I might need a little hand-holding at the start).

raistlon619
October 22nd, 2020, 21:33
Name: Michael Britton

D&D experience: 25ish years

What are you looking for from me as a DM: Being a Veterian DM and player, in looking for someone to try their best. We all learn something mew each time we open one of the books and noone is perfect.

Type of gameplay you like (roleplay, combat, mix): both

Are you nervous or shy about playing: nope

What interests you about the game: been playing since a child with my parents, all through high school, in the navy, and currently today. I am 30 will be 31 on NOV 4th

Krunkle87
October 24th, 2020, 03:04
Hello everyone! I am currently reading through everything now. I do travel for work so at times it is hard to respond. I just got home. I will go through each response and DM you within the next few days.

Thank you,

Kyle

frozencreek
December 6th, 2020, 17:44
I'm assuming this group is dead

Kolinaar
December 8th, 2020, 21:37
Dunno, i'm still waiting :)

Psyborg
December 9th, 2020, 01:46
Name: Kyle

D&D experience: Started in 1977, have played all releases except 4e (No-one ever actually played 4e. LOL) I have a horrid memory, so it is not like I remember most of the monsters and stats. Makes it easy to play an honest game. :)

What are you looking for from me as a DM: Just having fun. And I mean that. You should have as much fun as us players. That keeps the entire game exciting. Do your best, have fun, try not to kill us every week.

Type of gameplay you like (roleplay, combat, mix): I am good with a wide mix of combat to roleplay. Some days its all combat, some its all roleplay, others it is a %0/50 mix. Its all good.

Are you nervous or shy about playing: Not in the least. I enjoy the theater of it all.

What interests you about the game: Playing more than just the usual races is a big draw for me. I have even played a soul trapped in a clockwork at one point. If we play the commons, I am quite enamored with the Dwarves. I just love'm.

Time Zone:
MST (The never changing desert)

Day of week and time:
Generally Wednesday or Thursday from 4pm to 9pm (MST) I am good. I get up at 3am for work, so I would have to think on it if we were to choose a later end time.

Discord: PsyborgFactory#3519

Kyle (Psyborg)