PDA

View Full Version : CSC adding ammo type to weapons

Pharoid
October 16th, 2020, 23:36
How do I do it? I keep getting "Ammunition type (whatever) not available for this weapon (weapon)" in chat. I tried a bunch of weapon types and a bunch of ammo types just to check and they all gave that same error. I'm on latest Unity and latest FGC using MGT2 1.1.4a. Both Unity and classic wont add the ammo types. So I drag the weapon over to inventory, equip it, and then drag the ammo to the actions tab over the gun and I get that message in chat. So I must be trying it correctly to get that message? also, trying it as GM w/o any players if that matters.

Thanks,
-Chris

MadBeardMan
October 19th, 2020, 19:55
How do I do it? I keep getting "Ammunition type (whatever) not available for this weapon (weapon)" in chat. I tried a bunch of weapon types and a bunch of ammo types just to check and they all gave that same error. I'm on latest Unity and latest FGC using MGT2 1.1.4a. Both Unity and classic wont add the ammo types. So I drag the weapon over to inventory, equip it, and then drag the ammo to the actions tab over the gun and I get that message in chat. So I must be trying it correctly to get that message? also, trying it as GM w/o any players if that matters.

Thanks,
-Chris

Hi,

That's all you need to do.

Give me details of what gun (from Core/SCS) and what Ammo please and I'll test it.

Cheers,
MBM

Pharoid
October 19th, 2020, 23:20
I was able to add "Armour Piercing" to "Snub Pistol". But I can't add "Armour Piercing" to "Advanced Combat Rifle" or "Rifle". Also can't add "Directed Plasma to either rifle. But I can add them to both snub pistol and shot pistol. So maybe it has something to do with adding ammo to rifles? The message I get is "Ammunition type 'Directed Plasma' not available for this weapon 'Rifle'" for example. Thanks for checking!
-Chris

Pharoid
October 19th, 2020, 23:28
I tried some more different weapon types. I tried to add 'Electromagnetic Pulse' to RAM Grenade launcher and tried armour piercing to shotgun and got the same errors. Thanks agian. :-)

Pharoid
October 20th, 2020, 02:32
Well now that I got it added... As soon as I click the attack area of the ammo and get ready to drag it to an NPC inthe combat tracker, I get this error on console:

MadBeardMan
October 20th, 2020, 13:56
I was able to add "Armour Piercing" to "Snub Pistol". But I can't add "Armour Piercing" to "Advanced Combat Rifle" or "Rifle". Also can't add "Directed Plasma to either rifle. But I can add them to both snub pistol and shot pistol. So maybe it has something to do with adding ammo to rifles? The message I get is "Ammunition type 'Directed Plasma' not available for this weapon 'Rifle'" for example. Thanks for checking!
-Chris

Just to let you know I could re-create this, a fix will be added asap.

Let me double/triple check.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
October 20th, 2020, 17:05
Evening,

Family at war here, but the good news my PC is ok. I've fixed the issue with dragging ammo, fixed the issue with the attack dice and will sort the ammo use for Full Auto in a bit.

Cheers,
MBM

Pharoid
October 20th, 2020, 18:26
Thanks! CSC looks great. Can't wait for highguard. :-)

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 17:18
I tried to drag and drop HEAP and AP rounds onto an accelerator rifle, no joy. It adds it to the inventory sheet but I don't see any changes.

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2020, 17:40
I tried to drag and drop HEAP and AP rounds onto an accelerator rifle, no joy. It adds it to the inventory sheet but I don't see any changes.

List exactly which Accelerator Rifle (core rulebook or CSC), and make sure you're updated to v1.1.5.

What does the message say?

Cheers

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 17:58
Can't wait for highguard. :-)

Me too brother! Me too.

Sylvesr
October 30th, 2020, 18:26
List exactly which Accelerator Rifle (core rulebook or CSC), and make sure you're updated to v1.1.5.

What does the message say?

Cheers

Here is a screen shot. Affirmative on the 1.1.5 version. I believe I selected the ammo from the CSC (its the first one on my list of three choices). Additionally, I double checked and the equipped selector is on (of the three, blank, carried or equipped)