PDA

View Full Version : Today's update 10/16/2020 - target lines only appear when map is used

SilentRuin
October 16th, 2020, 17:10
If I select targets in combat tracker they do not show the graphics lines in the map. But if I select the targets from the map - the target line/distance appears in combat tracker - but also have the map graphics applied.

Seems like its a bug that targeting does not work holistically no matter how you kick it off. I would expect if I targeted something in combat tracker and they had map tokens that the graphics line/distance for targeting would also be appearing. For me they do not.

Trenloe
October 16th, 2020, 17:15
Target lines only appear on the map if you have the source token selected (left click) or if you mouse over the token. To target on the map you need the source token selected, so you see the targeting arrow immediately. The chances are if you're targeting in the combat tracker that you don't have the source token selected on the map. After targeting on the combat tracker, go and either mouse over or select the source token to see the targeting arrow.

SilentRuin
October 16th, 2020, 18:29
Target lines only appear on the map if you have the source token selected (left click) or if you mouse over the token. To target on the map you need the source token selected, so you see the targeting arrow immediately. The chances are if you're targeting in the combat tracker that you don't have the source token selected on the map. After targeting on the combat tracker, go and either mouse over or select the source token to see the targeting arrow.

You are correct - the turn indicator does not guarantee the map token is selected. That was what had confused me.