PDA

View Full Version : Logo / License

Oberoten
May 10th, 2007, 16:55
A very nice little thing about the packaged D20 ruleset is that it shows a logotype and a little license text when selected...

I copied this over to my own ruleset thinking that "okay, easy enough..."
Only of course it wasn't. :)

Searching through the textfiles for the relevant links has given nothing so I am starting to think... is this a function of using zip files pointed to in the register somehow? Or is there any way for us to do this too?

Foen
May 16th, 2007, 05:19
I'd like to do this too, but so far have only managed to include the text in the chat window once the ruleset has been launched (I put a call to delivermessage in the chatmanager registercontrol function).

Cheers

Foen

Foen
May 16th, 2007, 07:27
Interestingly (or not) the latest drop of FGII now includes two new files in the d20.pak ruleset, logo.pgn and license.html, both of which are copies of the ones on the start-up screen.

Unfortunately, the loader does not seem to detect these for non-d20 rulesets. Maybe this will come in due course?

Cheers

Foen

Foen
May 16th, 2007, 08:02
Following a bit of further digging, it seems the d20.pak files can be edited to change the licence text and logo, but including those files in your own ruleset does not cause them to display.

Furthermore, I cannot get a custom ruleset to load from a PAK file - anyone got any clues on this one?

Cheers

Foen

DrDeth
May 16th, 2007, 10:30
Foen, you may need to add your custom pak to the registry?? I havent tried but I've noticed registry keys around the pak files.

Foen
May 16th, 2007, 18:19
Cheers, I'll give it a whiz. Do you mean the (Windows) system registry, or the FGII registry? I think the customisation guide said that FGII keeps its own registry.

Foen

Foen
May 17th, 2007, 06:46
OK, I've got this to work now.

The ruleset needs to have two files in its root directory, logo.png and license.html, and needs to be presented as a PAK (zipped) file in C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II and NOT under C:\Users\[Account Name]\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets (or the equivalent for XP).

For the PAK file to be recognised, the Windows Registry needs to include the following entries (using my CoC ruleset as an example):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\Rulesets\CoC]
"Name"="CoC"
"Package"="CoC.pak"

And bingo!

Foen

DrDeth
May 21st, 2007, 10:16
Nice work Foen! Thanks!