PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Over-Sized Action Deck

Locotomo
October 15th, 2020, 15:52
How do I replace the normal cards with this deck?

Reagrds, Loco

Trenloe
October 15th, 2020, 16:30
Have you loaded the extension "Theme: SWADE Action Cards" ?

Locotomo
October 15th, 2020, 16:40
Yes, but they only show up as tokens in the assets.

Edit : Got it. I didnīt know that you have to activate them in the launcher :) thx

dbm
October 21st, 2020, 15:19
Is this purely a cosmetic enhancement?

Mgrancey
October 21st, 2020, 19:08
Yes, for the most part. You do get the cards as tokens but it is simply a change of images for the Action Decks.

dbm
October 21st, 2020, 19:27
Thanks, that was what I was anticipating :)

kronovan
October 23rd, 2020, 19:18
It's probably a YMMV sort of DLC, but for me the oversized action deck is about the poorest DLC purchase I've ever made for FG. My problem with them is that they don't replace the Action card graphics in the Ruleset. So for example, when you deal and then drag them on to an image for a chase the face cards revert to the defaults in the Ruleset graphics folder. The only thing you can do is replace the dealt card with a token - big time waster if you ask me and text balloons no longer pop for those token cards when a player mouses over them. So no way for them to know what that a face card actually represents.

So...can I as a GM extract them and replace the card graphics in the ruleset folders with them? Nope, they're locked away in the \Vault. IDK, seems like a dubious expenditure of $ to me.

Mgrancey
October 24th, 2020, 01:45
I'll take a look this weekend and see if I can figure out the issue. For clarification what version of FG.

kronovan
October 24th, 2020, 02:58
For clarification what version of FG.

Both. I tried it with clients connected to Classic Ultimate and Unity Ultimate.

fubeca150
October 24th, 2020, 15:38
I'd like to be able to create a custom deck with this extension. I'd also like a hover over card tooltip with the # and suit since there are font characters for the suit, or have the face cards have the suit and face value.

I like the extension overall, and like the empty card in CT more than the default.

Mgrancey
October 24th, 2020, 18:59
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60216-Themed-Action-Cards-Extensions-Updated

Found probable issue, as I at least have broken the function. Themed actions cards will have same issue but do include notes on what to change and where. As previously stated first I heard about icon change.

kronovan
October 27th, 2020, 18:00
Those themed card extensions are very nice. However, the cards exhibit the same problem I have with the official oversized deck when used in chases; the moment I drop one of the cards on an image being used for the chase, it reverts to the stock card contained in the ruleset.

Mgrancey
October 27th, 2020, 22:56
Sorry, somehow that didn't get posted, I think on I was on my phone, your issue with deck was the first I had heard of the issue. No one else had said anything about it up until then.

Mgrancey
October 27th, 2020, 22:57
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60216-Themed-Action-Cards-Extensions-Updated

Found probable issue, as I at least have broken the function. Themed actions cards will have same issue but do include notes on what to change and where. As previously stated first I heard about icon change.

As per previously stated