PDA

View Full Version : ALIEN RPG User Manual

Valyar
October 14th, 2020, 23:04
Hello everyone,

I would like to let you know that the official ALIEN RPG ruleset comes with user manual that is supplied as PDF file in the /docs directory of the program (same place for Classic and Unity version of Fantasy Grounds). The manual will be available later this or next month on the "Available Rulesets" section of the FG Wiki (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688215/Available+Rulesets).

Changes and corrections will be applied to the PDF and Wiki with some delay between the platforms as the PDF is linked to the standard release and patch cycle for FG, while Wiki can be updated by SW at any time. The goal is to keep the document and the wiki up-to-date at all times.

JubiladosdeArkham
January 7th, 2021, 22:32
Has been the ALIEN RPG ruleset manual released yet? I can't find it on the FG Wiki.

Valyar
January 7th, 2021, 23:01
Hi pendragon2009,
The ruleset manual is not yet on the Wiki, this is not something that I can do on my own, but the PDF is available in the /docs and I keep it up to date between releases.

JubiladosdeArkham
January 8th, 2021, 08:38
Thanks Valyar. Can you post a link to the /docs? , I don't know where that is.

Valyar
January 8th, 2021, 09:09
Thanks Valyar. Can you post a link to the /docs? , I don't know where that is.
The folder is located within the FG Data directory on your computer (your location can vary as this is configurable). The folder is where the extensions, rulesets, modules etc. are. I am not at the reference machine at the moment, but from FGC/FGU if you click the "Open Data Folder" button from the main interface it will open the Explorer/Finder/<Linux Files App> to the appropriate location.

The user bmanual is in .pdf format alongside others that you might have.

JubiladosdeArkham
January 8th, 2021, 09:11
I didn't know that ��
Thanks Valyar

Valyar
June 16th, 2021, 20:34
The new home of the ruleset's manual: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1748205569/Alien+RPG :)

JuanMa
January 31st, 2022, 10:49
Hi, maybe I need help with Alien Combat Tracker, because the damage received does not reduce characters health... but +1 Stress is applied. I'm sure that something is wrong with me but I don't know why... I've checked the the ruleset step by step (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1749352451/ALIEN+-+Combat+Combat+Tracker) but I get the same issue...

gbhenderson
January 31st, 2022, 21:27
It depends on the NPC type. If it's a "Human" type NPC attacking, the damage is automated. If the attacking NPC is marked as "Xenomorph" or "Other" as type, then the combat needs to be handled manually.

JuanMa
January 31st, 2022, 21:53
It depends on the NPC type. If it's a "Human" type NPC attacking, the damage is automated. If the attacking NPC is marked as "Xenomorph" or "Other" as type, then the combat needs to be handled manually.

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer!
OK, that's what I mean... when the "human" NPC Attacks to a Character, the damage does not reduce his/her health.

gbhenderson
January 31st, 2022, 22:41
On the combat tracker, after you roll the NPC's attack, the little buttons should show up on the targeted PC in the combat tracker.

Also, double check the PC sheet. The health boxes on the Main tab need to be filled in for everything to work correctly.

JuanMa
February 2nd, 2022, 09:06
On the combat tracker, after you roll the NPC's attack, the little buttons should show up on the targeted PC in the combat tracker.

Also, double check the PC sheet. The health boxes on the Main tab need to be filled in for everything to work correctly.

Hi, thanks again.

I'v checked CT as you said again... and I get the same issue. One stress box is filled auto and no health boxes are filled.

gbhenderson
February 2nd, 2022, 11:19
Sorry, I should have explained my health image better. It sounds like your problem stems from the health boxes. That character in the example image has a maximum of 4 health, so undamaged and at full health she has 4 red boxes.

On the main tab of the PC sheet, make sure there is a red box filled in for every point of health for the character. Combat automation will remove the red boxes when a PC takes damage. Hopefully that will fix ya.

Think of it as an old school video game. Each red box is a heart. You jump on a spike, you lose a heart.

I'm pretty sure the CT tracks health from those red boxes, so if they're blank then the CT doesn't read any health. Seems like someone else had the same issue before.

JuanMa
February 2nd, 2022, 12:18
Sorry, I should have explained my health image better. It sounds like your problem stems from the health boxes. That character in the example image has a maximum of 4 health, so undamaged and at full health she has 4 red boxes.

On the main tab of the PC sheet, make sure there is a red box filled in for every point of health for the character. Combat automation will remove the red boxes when a PC takes damage. Hopefully that will fix ya.

Think of it as an old school video game. Each red box is a heart. You jump on a spike, you lose a heart.

I'm pretty sure the CT tracks health from those red boxes, so if they're blank then the CT doesn't read any health. Seems like someone else had the same issue before.

You see... my mistake...
THANKS A LOT!!!

That's my problem, redboxes are removed not added... SOLVED

Thanks again, for all your replies and your infinite patience.

:-)

gbhenderson
February 2nd, 2022, 13:13
You're welcome. Glad you were able to get it working.