PDA

View Full Version : Official Alien RPG Bugs Thread

NotRussellCrowe
October 14th, 2020, 22:22
For Hope's Last Day, whenever I try to click on an item in a story entry such as a piece of equipment I get an error that either the player section or game mother section isn't loaded.

I have attached a screenshot showing the module as loaded and the error message.

Valyar
October 14th, 2020, 22:58
Hi NotRussellCrowe,

I will fix this tomorrow and submit the changes. The issue is due to rename of the modules for cosmetic reasons and it seems I didn't update all references.

Valyar
October 14th, 2020, 23:39
On the other hand, I can't sleep so I fixed the links in the module. I also found out few more links that needed fixing and patched them up.

NotRussellCrowe
October 14th, 2020, 23:55
On the other hand, I can't sleep so I fixed the links in the module. I also found out few more links that needed fixing and patched them up.

Thank you very much! Sorry to be the cause of your sleeplessness.

grimmlock
October 15th, 2020, 16:43
In FGU only, drag and drop of Talents to the Character Sheet does not work.

This works fine in FGC.

grimmlock
October 16th, 2020, 05:53
The Refurbished Android shot Carlito with a gun twice, doing 1 damage each time. However, Carlito reduced the damage by 2 due to his armor, so Carlito received -1 damage. As you can see in the combat tracker, this raised Carlito's HP by 1 for each of those -1 damages applied.

This is happening in both FGC and FGU.

https://i.imgur.com/8BE0kxE.png

Valyar
October 16th, 2020, 07:49
For Hope's Last Day, whenever I try to click on an item in a story entry such as a piece of equipment I get an error that either the player section or game mother section isn't loaded.

I have attached a screenshot showing the module as loaded and the error message.

Hotfix for this was pushed last night and all links should be OK now from both Reference Manual and Story page perspective.

In FGU only, drag and drop of Talents to the Character Sheet does not work.

This works fine in FGC.

Weird behavior in FGU... we are using the same windowslist controls. I will try to sort this out this weekend. This is issue #137 in our Jira.

The Refurbished Android shot Carlito with a gun twice, doing 1 damage each time. However, Carlito reduced the damage by 2 due to his armor, so Carlito received -1 damage. As you can see in the combat tracker, this raised Carlito's HP by 1 for each of those -1 damages applied.

I replicated this and we will definitely stop the healing power of the armor :). It is small fix. Issue #138

hawkwind
October 16th, 2020, 14:05
no story entries in the Novgokod adventure and no pregens the last days of Hadley's Hope and some tokens might have been nice

Valyar
October 16th, 2020, 14:13
no story entries in the Novgokod adventure and no pregens the last days of Hadley's Hope and some tokens might have been nice

Hi hawkwind,

The pregens for the "Last days of Hadley's hope" are there, you need to click the import button on the Character window. Refer the attached screenshot.
The tokens for PCs are generated based on the portrait, while the tokens for the NPCs are using the letters by design.

Novgorod is very short site and I didn't put the story entries due to its length. I can add content the story library if using the reference manual is not convenient. Let me know if this makes sense.

zombielord
October 16th, 2020, 15:39
Error Report 20201016::0927CST

windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (speed) in control (speed) in class (reference_groupeditlist_groupitem)
Script execution error [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupitem.lua"]:86:attempt to index local "cField' (a nil value)

To reproduce hit the following buttons: Vehicles -> List

DevlinSind
October 16th, 2020, 20:42
In the Colonial Marshall career, one of his starting items is a a hand radio. I cant find an item or the rules on what this item does. I would just make it if i could. So if you know the specs of the item just let me know and I can add the item.

Valyar
October 16th, 2020, 21:15
In the Colonial Marshall career, one of his starting items is a a hand radio. I cant find an item or the rules on what this item does. I would just make it if i could. So if you know the specs of the item just let me know and I can add the item.
Hi DevilSind,

This item, along others such as digital video camera, radio-controlled car or flares don't have dedicated item entries in the rulebook (I mean the core printed book) or any of the tables, therefore they don't have representation in the Equipment library. Those "flavor items" we typically record and rule on the fly.

Saeval
October 18th, 2020, 23:05

https://i.imgur.com/8BE0kxE.png

Am I the only one who doesn't have automation shown in the picture here? I don't know how to apply the damage or subtract from damage with armor rolls. I've been tracking it all manually.

grimmlock
October 19th, 2020, 00:54
Am I the only one who doesn't have automation shown in the picture here? I don't know how to apply the damage or subtract from damage with armor rolls. I've been tracking it all manually.

Target the character you want to attack in the CT, then make the attack. If the attack succeeds, click on the Rifle in the CT and you'll get options for Stunts if there were multiple successes, Block, Dodge, and that's where you Apply the damage to that character. When you apply, armor rolls are made automatically.

This only works if you're the GM.

If you're a player, you can use Stunts and Block and Dodge from the Combat tab of the character sheet.

Mourngrimm
October 21st, 2020, 15:24
When I click on the Searching For Gear button in the Hadley's Hope module the table window opens with an error. Then when you click the die an unable to find result row or column message appears in chat.

Valyar
October 21st, 2020, 16:00
When I click on the Searching For Gear button in the Hadley's Hope module the table window opens with an error. Then when you click the die an unable to find result row or column message appears in chat.
I will fix the issue with the link in the next update. In the meantime, the table that this link does not lead to is in the Tables library and is fully functional. :)

Pangea
October 22nd, 2020, 00:55
Hello Valyar, and thanks so much for bringing us this great tool!
I had the same Searching Gear issue, so that is great it will be fixed so fast, thank you.
I have one question: I have the impression the d66 does not work, on tables such as Critical Injuries (and I tested some of the Job Generators too).
It seems that it adds the two dice rather than putting them side by side.
If I am doing something wrong here, I apologize.
(and it is easy to just read the table without adding the dice, anyhow).
A happy newcomer...

grimmlock
October 22nd, 2020, 02:30
Hello Valyar, and thanks so much for bringing us this great tool!
I had the same Searching Gear issue, so that is great it will be fixed so fast, thank you.
I have one question: I have the impression the d66 does not work, on tables such as Critical Injuries (and I tested some of the Job Generators too).
It seems that it adds the two dice rather than putting them side by side.
If I am doing something wrong here, I apologize.
(and it is easy to just read the table without adding the dice, anyhow).
A happy newcomer...

Unfortunately, this currently requires a manual change to the db.xml file in order for any d66 tables you make to work. Check out the documentation in the Fantasy Grounds app data docs folder for the Alien rule set. You'll find this:

The ruleset implements D66 dice for usage with tables. The dice is not represented via custom dice in the
right-click dice context menu, so enabling a custom table with D66 requires modification of the database .xml
file of the campaign/module. The dice type is “d66”.

Valyar
October 22nd, 2020, 06:59
As grimmlock said, currently for D66 based tables the XML should be updated. When dust settles, we will explore a way to bring the D66 in the interface as well, as this is quite common die type in FL games.

Valyar
October 22nd, 2020, 11:15
I have WiP feature to expose the d66 via the custom dice menu with new icon. This will allow drag & drop of one d66 to table without modifying the XML files.
Some testing will be needed alongside the d66 issue in Unity for tables, and probably will be part of the next update of the ruleset (v1.2). Screenshot attached.

IndustrialMark
October 26th, 2020, 22:51
Whenever I make a panic roll we get the same number showing in the chat

Valyar
October 26th, 2020, 22:55
Whenever I make a panic roll we get the same number showing in the chat

What is the stress level during the roll? The results you got are right as we combine the current stress level plus d6 roll against the panic table. Just the report next to the die is showing 1, which is your current stress level.

IndustrialMark
October 26th, 2020, 23:31
What is the stress level during the roll? The results you got are right as we combine the current stress level plus d6 roll against the panic table. Just the report next to the die is showing 1, which is your current stress level.

Oh, it was quite dumb of me, I was expecting the number in the dice shown in chat to be the actual dice roll and that is why I thought it was a bug. Thank you for clearing that out.

CombustibleDan
October 28th, 2020, 06:41
I just bought the rule set and I'm just curious, is there a dice tower? If I turn on the dice tower nothing appears. Or are all rolls just hidden from players anyway, as I usually see the crossed out eye near any rolls I make.

Saeval
October 28th, 2020, 06:44
I just bought the rule set and I'm just curious, is there a dice tower? If I turn on the dice tower nothing appears. Or are all rolls just hidden from players anyway, as I usually see the crossed out eye near any rolls I make.
The dice tower is visible when you have the GM rolls set to be shown and the dice tower is turned on

Valyar
October 28th, 2020, 06:50
Saeval is correct, the Dice Tower is visible only if GM Rolls are shown and Dice Tower is on. This is default behavior in CoreRPG which is inherited as functionality in all commercial rulesets.

CombustibleDan
October 28th, 2020, 06:59
Awesome! Thanks! I figured I was doing something wrong. I don’t really care if my players see my rolls most of the time, but I really wanted to see what the dice tower looks like. LOL.

Valyar
October 28th, 2020, 07:56
A small, cute dicehugger. :)

Mortificateur
October 29th, 2020, 15:24
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:143: createWindow: Unable to create window

In last days of Hadley's Hope, when I click to search for gears this error show up.

Valyar
October 29th, 2020, 15:27
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:143: createWindow: Unable to create window

In last days of Hadley's Hope, when I click to search for gears this error show up.

Hi Mortificateur, this is fixed. It will be pushed in the next update. Until then the table from the library is available and working, the issue is in the link.

Mortificateur
October 29th, 2020, 15:45
Thank you! That was quick!

4wire
October 30th, 2020, 02:45
The "Searching for Gear" link to the table seems to be broken in the 01.00 LOCATIONS story

Valyar
October 30th, 2020, 07:48
The "Searching for Gear" link to the table seems to be broken in the 01.00 LOCATIONS story

This is already fixed and will be pushed as part of the next release. The table in the Tables library can be used until then.

4wire
October 30th, 2020, 16:34
Can we get higher resolution of the maps? I guess I'm used to 5e dungeon crawling with occluders and tokens moving around and wreaking havoc on maps.

Valyar
November 1st, 2020, 07:04
Can we get higher resolution of the maps? I guess I'm used to 5e dungeon crawling with occluders and tokens moving around and wreaking havoc on maps.
SW have requirements for image sizes (and maps are images from that perspective) which imposes limits on the dimensions that an image can have. This is valid for all products and especially those that are supported both on FGC and Unity (i.e. all :) ). All maps and images were extracted from the original source files in 2560x1653 or 1281x1653 with few exceptions, but we were asked to reduce the dimensions and size. Most of the maps are actually outside of the required boundary because they would be too small to be of use and I am not going to cut a map on multiple images, as there is no support for map tiles in FGC.

The rationale is the average screen size used by the market today... so for now what you see is the size supported.

4wire
November 1st, 2020, 13:38
SW have requirements for image sizes (and maps are images from that perspective) which imposes limits on the dimensions that an image can have. This is valid for all products and especially those that are supported both on FGC and Unity (i.e. all :) ). All maps and images were extracted from the original source files in 2560x1653 or 1281x1653 with few exceptions, but we were asked to reduce the dimensions and size. Most of the maps are actually outside of the required boundary because they would be too small to be of use and I am not going to cut a map on multiple images, as there is no support for map tiles in FGC.

The rationale is the average screen size used by the market today... so for now what you see is the size supported.

You can use the 5e «*Dead in Thay*» module as an example of how to cut maps in sections. You keep the current map but you add map sections that can be linked in from the stories. It’s a bit more work for the GM to move tokens but not by much. What about LOS/occluders?

Valyar
November 1st, 2020, 19:30
You can use the 5e «*Dead in Thay*» module as an example of how to cut maps in sections. You keep the current map but you add map sections that can be linked in from the stories. It’s a bit more work for the GM to move tokens but not by much. What about LOS/occluders?

I don't have this module and I don't play 5e, but I have seen how it is done in the Meanders sets in the store. It is possibility to explore but won't happen at the moment as the maps are already in good resolution that does not blur the text, crisp enough and are according to the requirement.

The LOS/Occluders is something I will explore when FGU is officially out in GA.

4wire
November 1st, 2020, 19:46
I don't have this module and I don't play 5e, but I have seen how it is done in the Meanders sets in the store. It is possibility to explore but won't happen at the moment as the maps are already in good resolution that does not blur the text, crisp enough and are according to the requirement.

The LOS/Occluders is something I will explore when FGU is officially out in GA.

That's a bit disappointing for a SmiteWorks official product. Especially since GA is right around the corner and many other products have full LOS support.

Saeval
November 1st, 2020, 19:49
I think LoS is less necessary when you don’t do grid combat for the ruleset. With the zone style of ranges the only thing I use grids for is to determine if someone is in the same room engaged or just nearby. Line of sight isn’t as necessary when you can just hide the enemy units that are sneaking or too far away to matter right now

Valyar
November 1st, 2020, 20:09
What I will do is to place this LOS story on the board with enhancements and will explore the options in the following days. There are not many maps in the modules and depending how cumbersome and timeconsuming placing LOS is, it might be prioritized.

skerlegon
November 6th, 2020, 18:54
Hi, poking through some of the stress effects, I don't seem to be able to get the 'tremble' panic effect to affect any of the agility rolls as stated. I've tried a few others and they seemed to work properly (severed ear -2 observation).

Valyar
November 6th, 2020, 22:28
Hi, poking through some of the stress effects, I don't seem to be able to get the 'tremble' panic effect to affect any of the agility rolls as stated. I've tried a few others and they seemed to work properly (severed ear -2 observation).

Hi skerlegon, the panic effect from the effect library is not automatically applied to character when you hit the TREMBLE on the panic table. You will have to manually apply the effect on the character if you are using combat tracker or use modifier box or buttons on the desktop before a roll of Agility.

NotRussellCrowe
November 8th, 2020, 15:38
Had my frist game with the rule set last night and it performed amazingly. I found one very minor typo. When you roll a DODGE, you get a message that either the BLOCK was a success or failure depending on your roll. I have attached screenshots of this.

Valyar
November 8th, 2020, 16:37
Had my frist game with the rule set last night and it performed amazingly. I found one very minor typo. When you roll a DODGE, you get a message that either the BLOCK was a success or failure depending on your roll. I have attached screenshots of this.
Will see what I can do for the next update, as for 1.2 the train has left the station :)

NotRussellCrowe
November 8th, 2020, 16:40
Oh no rush, these don't impact gameplay at all.

Oh yeah, this was in FG Unity by the way.

Thank you!

godsick
November 12th, 2020, 17:13
Little one, in Chariot of the Gods Lyron Cham's pre-gen is missing the True Grit Talent from the character sheet.

cgrant
November 13th, 2020, 16:42
In Chariot of the Gods, clicking any of the items pops up a module load window. As far as I can see all the modules are loaded.

(In FGU as GM)

Valyar
November 13th, 2020, 19:25
In Chariot of the Gods, clicking any of the items pops up a module load window. As far as I can see all the modules are loaded.

I am not able to replicate this, the module is loaded properly upon clicking the link (and confirm you want to load the module) and subsequent links open the relevant item page. Would you please check if you have latest update of the ruleset?

godsick
November 13th, 2020, 19:47
I am not able to replicate this, the module is loaded properly upon clicking the link (and confirm you want to load the module) and subsequent links open the relevant item page. Would you please check if you have latest update of the ruleset?

I get the same error when as GM when trying to select any equipment icon from the story tab. Everything up to date and loaded.

Valyar
November 13th, 2020, 23:42
I am puzzled by this issue. This wasn't happening before and the link is pointing to the correct module's name. I will get another clean reference system and see if I can replicate this.

Valyar
November 14th, 2020, 10:38
EDIT: It seems there is issue with the version in the LIVE channel, I will contact SW on that.

ProfDogg
November 14th, 2020, 16:14
Looks like the tables are screwed up with script errors after the last update... Conan ruleset has the same issue so I assume it's CoreRPG? I'm using FGC / CoreRPG v3.3.12A.

Valyar
November 14th, 2020, 16:30
Looks like the tables are screwed up with script errors after the last update... Conan ruleset has the same issue so I assume it's CoreRPG? I'm using FGC / CoreRPG v3.3.12A.

Yes, this is due to the CoreRPG update. We have our own table manager for the D66, so it will be updated in the next release. It is not breaking update, all tables work OK, it is just the script error that appepars.

cgrant
November 17th, 2020, 19:29
Today's update has the links working. Thanks

TheButterdragon
November 18th, 2020, 09:32
I'm having Script Execution Errors whenever I pull up tables. The console pops up and says the following:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:129: 'for' limit must be a number

Valyar
November 18th, 2020, 10:35
I'm having Script Execution Errors whenever I pull up tables. The console pops up and says the following:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:129: 'for' limit must be a number

This is reported and fixed for the next release.

ProfDogg
November 19th, 2020, 22:43
Pre-generated PC Morgan Hirsch continuously has 1 Stress Level when opening the ruleset. Is that intentional for a reason? (I'm still learning the rules but I don't see anything that innately causes that). Or bug? If the latter, you're welcome ;)

Valyar
November 21st, 2020, 09:24
Pre-generated PC Morgan Hirsch continuously has 1 Stress Level when opening the ruleset. Is that intentional for a reason? (I'm still learning the rules but I don't see anything that innately causes that). Or bug? If the latter, you're welcome ;)
Thank for noticing this :) It seems I forgot to remove this stress when I was preparing the character for export. It is now fixed and in the next update the pre-gen won't come already stressed for business.

Magreeto
January 7th, 2021, 18:21
Not a bug but a feature request I guess.
I ran a campaign on roll20 earlier this past year and being able to award the PC's their experience at the end of each session was always a pain. It would be great to add this functionality to the arpg module. It would be pretty simple as xp is doled out by answering questions related to the pc's actions during the session.

Valyar
January 7th, 2021, 21:20
Not a bug but a feature request I guess.
I ran a campaign on roll20 earlier this past year and being able to award the PC's their experience at the end of each session was always a pain. It would be great to add this functionality to the arpg module. It would be pretty simple as xp is doled out by answering questions related to the pc's actions during the session.

Let me add this to the list and see if we can do that. :)

Magreeto
January 7th, 2021, 21:37
Cool! Great job on the modules btw. Feels nice and tight!

Valyar
January 7th, 2021, 23:03
Thank you! :)

ptchicuorka
February 18th, 2021, 01:22
Hey just got the Alien rule set and was doing a mock character, the Careers don't drop. is that a known issue or is it something that isn't suppose to drop in?

Valyar
February 18th, 2021, 06:02
Hey just got the Alien rule set and was doing a mock character, the Careers don't drop. is that a known issue or is it something that isn't suppose to drop in?
It is text field for now. We have this on the radar to make it drag & drop for easy access to the career panel.

ptchicuorka
February 18th, 2021, 09:58
ok thank you

gbhenderson
February 21st, 2021, 18:23
Hey Valyar, just found something in the Player Section (Space Combat > Component Damage)

The tables for Minor and Major Component Damage are labelled opposite of the actual text tables in the Ref Manual.

The rollable table Ships - Minor Component Damage actually uses the die and results from the text version of the Major Component Damage, and vice versa.

ptchicuorka
March 4th, 2021, 23:31
Wanted to ask why can't the GM is not able to edit NPCs. the read only is locked, was going to run my own campaign and was going to makes some edited encounters for them or add skills to some. is this an over sight that the GM cant change them yet. cause honestly would like to to have more variant encounters for my players then the same old, same old. so i wasn't sure if this was a bug that no one had noticed yet or not. but wanted to make you aware of it. plus wanted to know if you plan to have it unlockable so GMs and do what they want to edit them.

Saeval
March 4th, 2021, 23:47
I think it’s a copyright issue. I see the same thing in my Pathfinder game. But if you drag the link of the NPC back onto the list it should make a copy of that NPC and you can open that one up and do whatever you want to it I believe.

ptchicuorka
March 5th, 2021, 00:04
well im able to edit stuff on pathfinder 2 and starfinder with both monster and npcs if i need to, so i dont know if its that or not, even my friend can do that with Call of Cthulhu. so not sure

Saeval
March 5th, 2021, 00:08
My 2e bestiary entries are locked but I can make a copy of them and edit them as I want. Some bestiary entries might be editable depending on the source though. But either way you can make a copy of a locked NPC and edit the copy.

Valyar
March 5th, 2021, 06:52
Hey Valyar, just found something in the Player Section (Space Combat > Component Damage)

The tables for Minor and Major Component Damage are labelled opposite of the actual text tables in the Ref Manual.

The rollable table Ships - Minor Component Damage actually uses the die and results from the text version of the Major Component Damage, and vice versa.
I will look into that! Thanks for reporting.

Wanted to ask why can't the GM is not able to edit NPCs. the read only is locked, was going to run my own campaign and was going to makes some edited encounters for them or add skills to some. is this an over sight that the GM cant change them yet. cause honestly would like to to have more variant encounters for my players then the same old, same old. so i wasn't sure if this was a bug that no one had noticed yet or not. but wanted to make you aware of it. plus wanted to know if you plan to have it unlockable so GMs and do what they want to edit them.
The core product is "locked" and creating your own version of the NPCs is by cloning them. This is by design and guidance from SW if my memory serves me well. When we update module in order to get the updates you have to "revert changes", i.e you will lose all modifications unless you have cloned the NPCs or the object. The adventures are not read-only as per the same guidance.

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2021, 20:55
Yes, this is official guidance. Adventure book records should all be editable by default; while rulebook/settings book records should all be read-only. You can always clone a record as Valyar mentions, regardless of what book it is from.

Regards,
JPG

zombielord
March 8th, 2021, 03:33
Chariot of the Gods and Destroyer of Worlds doesn't have it's own Grouping in the story section like Novogrod & Last Days of Hadley's Hope.

Valyar
March 8th, 2021, 05:59
Chariot of the Gods and Destroyer of Worlds doesn't have it's own Grouping in the story section like Novogrod & Last Days of Hadley's Hope.
Chariot of the Gods and Destroyer of Worlds are actually split across several groups in the Story library due to their length. Novgorod & Hadley are smaller from content point of view and therefore fit into single group.

zombielord
March 8th, 2021, 11:38
It still wouldn't be difficult to clean this all up into groups. It's not a bug but it would clean up the UI.

Valyar
March 8th, 2021, 14:04
Those are groups :)
But now when I see you loading two modules at the same time, a nice adjustments will be to put the product abbreviation in front to sort properly the products one below other.
Is this what you mean?

zombielord
March 9th, 2021, 03:51
Those are groups :)
But now when I see you loading two modules at the same time, a nice adjustments will be to put the product abbreviation in front to sort properly the products one below other.
Is this what you mean?

Abbreviations or something to keep them separate would work and would address the jumble of things.

Valyar
March 9th, 2021, 11:35
I added prefix to the groups, so they are sorted properly when you browse the list. Screenshot attached, let me know if this is what you were after.

Valyar
March 9th, 2021, 21:38

This is fixed now, it is pushed and will arrive next week I think.

zombielord
March 9th, 2021, 23:56

That'd work just fine, thanks.

grimmlock
March 11th, 2021, 18:18
I always forget that, when it comes to Health, the boxes should be FILLED and then as you take damage, the boxes are EMPTIED. Probably because they are empty by default. Would it make more sense, on character creation, to have the health boxes filled as opposed to empty?

If I'm the only one that sees this as an issue, no big deal, I just need to remember to fill those boxes up!

gbhenderson
March 16th, 2021, 19:02

Thanks Valyar!

Egheal
June 26th, 2021, 21:44
reporting a bug : in vehicles, if I click the service skiff in alien - expansion of space, the console say :
[6/26/2021 8:30:04 PM] [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (armaments) in control (armaments) in class (vehicle_main)
[6/26/2021 8:30:04 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "vehicle_main"]:14: attempt to index global 'armaments' (a nil value)

gbhenderson
June 30th, 2021, 18:09
My players receive the following errors whenever they click on the Crew tab on the PC Ship Sheet. It doesn't happen when they use the Ship tab on the Character Sheet. No extensions loaded. No modules loaded.

[6/30/2021 11:55:07 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charship_gunner.lua"]:15: attempt to index local 'charNode' (a nil value)
[6/30/2021 11:55:07 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charship_crewmember.lua"]:41: attempt to index local 'playerNode' (a nil value)
[6/30/2021 11:55:07 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charship_crewmember.lua"]:41: attempt to index local 'playerNode' (a nil value)
[6/30/2021 11:55:07 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (portrait) in windowclass (charship_gunner)
[6/30/2021 11:55:57 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charship_main)
[6/30/2021 11:55:57 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charship_main)
[6/30/2021 11:56:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charship_crew.lua"]:5: attempt to index local 'roleNode' (a nil value)
[6/30/2021 11:57:22 AM] Campaign saved.

Valyar
June 30th, 2021, 18:39
Will look at that tonight.

gbhenderson
June 30th, 2021, 19:34
Thanks Valyar. It works fine using the flow system described in the ruleset wiki (players using ship tab on character sheet), so it's not gamebreaking. It's just annoying for them if they want to look at the crew tab on the PC Ship sheet.

Valyar
June 30th, 2021, 21:04
I checked the LIVE version of the ruleset and when I assign PC to crew position there is no error whatsoever, except the warning which is not an issue.
Can you tell me what are the steps you do in order to reproduce the issue?

Would you please try also to delete the ruleset and modules from the vault (IPFGALIENRPGFLFALE002.dat) and download it again.

gbhenderson
June 30th, 2021, 21:32
As GM, I get no errors at all. I assign the characters to the crew slots on the Crew tab. The error occurs on the player side when they open up the crew tab on the PC Ship sheet.

Valyar
July 1st, 2021, 03:29
As GM, I get no errors at all. I assign the characters to the crew slots on the Crew tab. The error occurs on the player side when they open up the crew tab on the PC Ship sheet.
OK, found the root cause - the ship sheet isn't shared :) In our scripts, the ship's name appear in the SHIP ASSIGNMENT field and if you haven't shared the ship with the players, we can't assign name and connect ship-related skill rolls with the modifiers from ship's profile. Once you share the ship, they will have read-only view of it and the tab on PC's sheet works without problem.

At the moment, our concept is that GM manages the ship's sheet and they are shared explicitly when needed. I will update the ruleset manual to make this clear. Apologies for the inconvenience!

gbhenderson
July 1st, 2021, 04:33
OK, found the root cause - the ship sheet isn't shared :)

I think that's the problem. When they first built the ship, I just shared a blank PC Ship sheet with them and let them add their modules, upgrades, etc. That all happened long before all the 2.0 ship combat additions. I'll try rebuilding their ship as GM and see if that fixes it.

At the moment, our concept is that GM manages the ship's sheet and they are shared explicitly when needed.

I'd mentioned to them that the ruleset says that the GM runs the ship sheet in combat when needed, and they use the Ship tabs on the PC sheet. I just assumed it was to avoid this happening.
I'm pretty sure the PC sheet tab was working just fine when we were trying out the new stuff the other night. It was only the Crew tab on the Ship sheet gave them the errors.

Thanks for looking into it Valyar. I'll build a new ship tomorrow and let you know how it went.

On a hunch, I just tried going in and unsharing and then resharing the ship. That seemed to fix all the issues.

Omalus
July 9th, 2021, 02:32
Not sure if this is a bug or user (me) error;

I've given the characters water in their gear which increases their water consumer value once equiped; however, when they unequip the water or if I remove the items from their gear, they keep their consume rating. If they equip their suit (giving them oxygen) then it goes up each time! (the one character has 20 oxygen).

gbhenderson
July 9th, 2021, 15:03
This is fastest/easiest workaround for the air stacking bug that I've found. After the character unequips the suit, roll the air button in the consumables section until it's emptied. The dice spam is annoying, but it works.

Valyar
July 9th, 2021, 15:43
When gear is equipped and has consumable value, we add it to the existing one. Trying to fully automate and control the values and track is not feasible and will cause more issues than benefits. You can freely adjust the numbers using direct number entry or ctrl+mouse scroll when box is selected.

gbhenderson
July 9th, 2021, 15:59
Thanks for the ctrl+mouse scroll tip, Valyar!

Egheal
July 16th, 2021, 19:47
In "Combat Actions" it says 'Intiative" instead of Initiative.

Omalus
July 17th, 2021, 17:52
When gear is equipped and has consumable value, we add it to the existing one. Trying to fully automate and control the values and track is not feasible and will cause more issues than benefits. You can freely adjust the numbers using direct number entry or ctrl+mouse scroll when box is selected.

Is there some way to code it like in D&D where a person removes their armour, the benefits are removed, such as Armour Class?

Valyar
July 18th, 2021, 13:21
Is there some way to code it like in D&D where a person removes their armour, the benefits are removed, such as Armour Class?

Yes, but the equipment here is having different capabilities and the concept is that it grants certain Consumables when you equip it, but after that it is up for the play to manage it - they might replace canister and etc. This is not computer game and there is no aim to automate everything. We currently assign AR when you equip armor and add all equipped items to the overall consumables, tracking the source, but not removing the already put value after you unequip.

Cailore
August 21st, 2021, 00:40
During space combat when I try to fire weapons from the Crew tab of an NPC controlled ship (as Game Mother) I get an empty selection box popup followed by:
Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:220: attempt to index local 'weaponNode' (a nil value)

gbhenderson
August 21st, 2021, 20:58
Same problem here.

Valyar
August 22nd, 2021, 10:40
Is this from spaceship from the library or custom created one? Can you provide me screenshot of the ship in edit mode?

gbhenderson
August 22nd, 2021, 21:40
Is this from spaceship from the library or custom created one? Can you provide me screenshot of the ship in edit mode?

I was testing it with the Mantis from the CMOM library.

Here's a screenshot the Mantis in edit mode: 48818

JimSocks
August 22nd, 2021, 21:44
I have two issues:
1. As the GM, I cannot adjust a PCs consumables numbers, even using the ctrl-mousewheel trick.

2. In the colonial marines handbook, there are a million typos with words that have "f"s in them. Every table and story entry with the word "field" for example, says "fifield" instead. "dust off" becomes "dust offf" everywhere. "first" is "fifirst". There are many more examples of this as well.

Is this the correct place to bring this up? I am thinking this forum is just for the ruleset, but I was unable to find a bug forum for this product.

Valyar
August 23rd, 2021, 06:52
I was testing it with the Mantis from the CMOM library.

Here's a screenshot the Mantis in edit mode: 48818

Thanks, we will look into that.

I have two issues:
1. As the GM, I cannot adjust a PCs consumables numbers, even using the ctrl-mousewheel trick.

2. In the colonial marines handbook, there are a million typos with words that have "f"s in them. Every table and story entry with the word "field" for example, says "fifield" instead. "dust off" becomes "dust offf" everywhere. "first" is "fifirst". There are many more examples of this as well.

Is this the correct place to bring this up? I am thinking this forum is just for the ruleset, but I was unable to find a bug forum for this product.
Yes, here is the correct place, no need to have per product bug thread.
1. The consumables are read-only in the Main tab and editable in the Gear, where ctrl+mouse wheel trick works.
2. This is problem related to fonts and encoding when there is word using fi, fl, ff letter combination in the PDF. There were much more, but it seems I failed to nail down those in my pixel hunting. Will fix today what I find. :)

spoofer
August 26th, 2021, 15:16
I assume that missing content counts.

The Last Day's of Hadley's Hope module is missing the section for pre-generated characters. I noticed that they are in the Reference Manual but that is not useful.

The modules for the other scenarios such as Chariots of the Gods have a section for pre-generated characters.

POSTSCRIPT:

I found them just by chance. I had given up and moved on to Chariot of the Gods. Then I happened to have the Hope module still open and when I was adding characters for Chariots of the Gods. The inconsistency between the different modules made me confused. Can that be fixed?

Valyar
August 26th, 2021, 18:07
I assume that missing content counts.

The Last Day's of Hadley's Hope module is missing the section for pre-generated characters. I noticed that they are in the Reference Manual but that is not useful.

The modules for the other scenarios such as Chariots of the Gods have a section for pre-generated characters.

POSTSCRIPT:

I found them just by chance. I had given up and moved on to Chariot of the Gods. Then I happened to have the Hope module still open and when I was adding characters for Chariots of the Gods. The inconsistency between the different modules made me confused. Can that be fixed?

All pre-gens appear properly in the import dialog when you have the module loaded. I presume what you refer to is missing the "Pregenerated Characters" library entry? Refer to the screenshot.

spoofer
August 26th, 2021, 18:43
Yeah, that is it. Like I said, having that entry in the other mod files but not in Hope's Last Day really confused me.

Valyar
August 26th, 2021, 19:46
No worries. I fixed that and it will appear in 2 weeks in LIVE. :)

gbhenderson
August 26th, 2021, 20:48
Hey Valyar, found a problem with the Armat U1 Grenade Launcher.

When the players roll for damage, it's calculating the damage with a 9 base damage die, and not a 9 blast power.

With it set as base damage, the first 6 rolled is automating 9 points of damage instead of the 1 point of damage it should be from blast.

Just spitballing here, and I have no clue how difficult they would be. Maybe you could add a blast damage section to the equipment so that it applies damage using blast damage. Or possibly a blast damage button on the CT with the other combat resolution buttons?

Cailore
August 30th, 2021, 21:30

Using the VP-153D Kremlin out of the book, having been placed in the combat tracker.

Valyar
September 23rd, 2021, 09:36
Hey Valyar, found a problem with the Armat U1 Grenade Launcher.

When the players roll for damage, it's calculating the damage with a 9 base damage die, and not a 9 blast power.

With it set as base damage, the first 6 rolled is automating 9 points of damage instead of the 1 point of damage it should be from blast.

Just spitballing here, and I have no clue how difficult they would be. Maybe you could add a blast damage section to the equipment so that it applies damage using blast damage. Or possibly a blast damage button on the CT with the other combat resolution buttons?

There is no automation related to blast power. This will be an enhancement I say and we will look into that.

Using the VP-153D Kremlin out of the book, having been placed in the combat tracker.

OK, we identified the issue and hopefully we will bring a fix next week.

spoofer
September 28th, 2021, 23:50
Hi all,

I am wondering if Destroyer of Worlds is missing Story Cards. Specifically...
I am supposed to give my players story cards with background info on the four AWOLs. I cannot find cards.
I am supposed to give a card called OUTBREAK ON YAOPHORA STATION. Again, I cannot find the card.
Story entry 01.02 describes these story cards, and tells me to give them out when an event triggers them. Again, I cannot find the cards.

Thanks.

spoofer
September 29th, 2021, 13:07
I found some of these (the event triggered story cards) in the agendas menu.

Valyar
September 29th, 2021, 13:33
I think there is no missing content - all story cards and agendas are there. There are some duplicates in the box, I have single instance for them.

spoofer
September 29th, 2021, 14:47
I think there is no missing content - all story cards and agendas are there. There are some duplicates in the box, I have single instance for them.

I am sure I am just missing them. Like I said, I maanged to find some of them. Here are the ones that I cannot find.

Quoting from the scenario...

Command believes the AWOLs plan
to make contact with the moon’s insurgents
and defect to the UPP. We’re looking for
Wójcik, Carvalho, Wright and Reese. [Hand
out the AWOL marines’ NPC cards to the
players.] Here’s their ugly mugs and all the
info we have on them.

Where are the story cards with background info on the four AWOLs?

Quoting from Mason's Character Sheet...

Ask the Game Mother to give you the handout marked "Outbreak on Yaophora Station." Don't look at the other side.

Where is the hand out called Outbreak on Yaophora Station?

gbhenderson
October 3rd, 2021, 23:20
Check in Images. The Outbreak on Yaophora Station is called "Handout - To Mason".

For the AWOLS all I ever found was the portraits in Images. I think the back of the physical cards have stats, agendas, and spoiler info. I gave my players the portraits only, and it didn't affect their enjoyment of the module.

spoofer
October 4th, 2021, 14:32
Oh so it is.

As for the AWOL info cards, it looks like Free League made a mistake and did not actually create something suitable to share. So mystery solved. Thanks for locating the Manson handout.

@Valyar please reconsider the naming scheme of that handout. At least add "Outbreak on Yaophora Station" to the name so that it comes up when searched for.

icecrmman
October 5th, 2021, 17:22
Ya we didn't know any better

Valyar
October 8th, 2021, 06:35
Oh so it is.

As for the AWOL info cards, it looks like Free League made a mistake and did not actually create something suitable to share. So mystery solved. Thanks for locating the Manson handout.

@Valyar please reconsider the naming scheme of that handout. At least add "Outbreak on Yaophora Station" to the name so that it comes up when searched for.

I will track and update the name of the handout in the module. You are right, could be more descriptive name :)

spoofer
October 10th, 2021, 04:08
Thank you!!

I am loving the automation of the rule set.

BigBadBazz
November 29th, 2021, 10:29
Just bought this

Is there a reason I cant drag a career (Colonial Marine) from the careers box onto my career field in my character?

spoofer
November 29th, 2021, 12:54
BigBad, I run a weekly ALIEN game. We are still doing cinematics, but I am very familiar with the game. I have never tried to dropping a "career" onto a player character sheet. However, from a rules perspective, it does not make sense to even do so. You drop "talents" and equipment. Your career determines which talents are available to choose from.

BigBadBazz
November 29th, 2021, 16:51
Thanks for this

I want to run a game for some new players who are unfamiliar with the system.

Most games have a class which can be dropped, I was not sure if it was a bug. It would be helpful for those players who do not know what talents are available for their class when it has been selected.

Its just easier for new players

spoofer
November 29th, 2021, 18:33
I highly recommend running the Chariot of the Gods cinematic first. It is a prefect length and complexity for an introduction to the game. It took us about 15 hours. Haley's Last Hope is even shorter and only lasts about six hours.

BigBadBazz
November 29th, 2021, 19:48
thanks
will do
stay safe

spoofer
December 22nd, 2021, 14:51
We encountered a strange bug. The player cannot see a weapon on their character sheet but the game master can see it. We took screen shots, and I combined them into one image. Look at the red circle. That is the player's view. You can see the weapon in the GM's view of the same character sheet at the exact same time.

Valyar
December 22nd, 2021, 16:09
This is indeed strange bug. I can't replicate this. Can you tell me if this persists when the player cycles through the item's equipped states or it is gone?

spoofer
December 23rd, 2021, 01:00
This is indeed strange bug. I can't replicate this. Can you tell me if this persists when the player cycles through the item's equipped states or it is gone?

The player was cycling through the equipped status of a lot of different items when it happened.

spoofer
January 5th, 2022, 03:55
M314 Motion Tracker price has a typo. It should be $1,200 but says $1,2000.

Valyar
January 5th, 2022, 06:17
Thanks, will fix it as part of the next update.

ptchicuorka
January 30th, 2022, 04:58
ok I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an over sight. but the per done maps for Destroy of worlds you cant put line of sight on them. i found this out when i tried to put line of sight walls, doors and windows on some of those maps. i know they don't have them built in and wanted to do that. plus does any one else have this problem and know how to fix it. i know it works still on other maps i create my self on other games so i know it works. so let me know if any of you tired doing wall and doors. i know the game can assume the player know the lay out of some of the places but not others. Plus I'm not sure if you will be doing line of sight on these maps or not in the future.

Valyar
January 30th, 2022, 05:25
I am able to open every map from the DoW scenario and after unlocking the image to add LoS, effects and all things available in FGU. The image library is not being modified by the ruleset in any way.
Currently no plans to overhaul the released adventures.

ptchicuorka
January 30th, 2022, 05:41
ok but did you try putting up wall to see if it worked, if you where able to then something might be wrong on my end

ptchicuorka
January 30th, 2022, 05:43
I am able to open every map from the DoW scenario and after unlocking the image to add LoS, effects and all things available in FGU. The image library is not being modified by the ruleset in any way.
Currently no plans to overhaul the released adventures.

ok, but did you try putting up walls and door on the map, if so then it might be something im doing wrong on my end or something glitched

Valyar
January 30th, 2022, 06:02
ok, but did you try putting up walls and door on the map, if so then it might be something im doing wrong on my end or something glitched
Yes, I can put walls, terrain walls, everything. Also lighting and etc is working. Do you use extension?

ptchicuorka
January 30th, 2022, 06:27
Yes, I can put walls, terrain walls, everything. Also lighting and etc is working. Do you use extension?

yes i figured it out i did unlock the little unlock on the on the lower side window that tells you what you have added

Valyar
January 30th, 2022, 07:03
Glad this is sorted out :)

Egheal
February 19th, 2022, 12:35
Hi, I don't know if it is a bug or if I don't understand how to use it, so...
When I equip a character with the IRC Mk.50 Compression suit I get the 5 Air units in consumable. It works fine.
In "active Equipment" if I clic on "Act" it opens a windows "pick item skill to roll", if I check "agility -1" and click OK I assume that there will be
a -1 applied on all my character's Agility rolls from now on.
But it seems to do nothing. If I clic one more time on "Act" the "agility -1" is unchecked.
No extension used.
Did somebody can help me using this "Act" feature ? Thanks a lot.

gbhenderson
February 19th, 2022, 13:41
Just tried it, and I get the same issue. I think that's a bug. I thought that it used to automatically give a -1 to all agility based rolls while it was equipped. There wasn't a need to hit the Action button, it just automatically calculated it in. I know some equipment does require the use of the Action button for the bonus/penalties to apply, but not armor. You could create an effect to add to the PCs when they equip it, but that would get tiresome after a while.

Looking through my copy of the core rules, the IRC Mk50 Compression suit doesn't have a -1 Agility modifier. It's the Mk35 Compression suit that has the negative Agility modifier. But that modifier isn't added to the gear in the FG version.

So you found a whole slew of bugs...

1) Mk 50 Compression suit shouldn't have a -1 Agility modifier
2) Mk 35 Compression suit should have a -1 Agility modifer, but doesn't
3) The Agility modifier isn't automating, even if you select it through the Action button.

Egheal
February 20th, 2022, 10:44
In my french copy of the core rulebook the -1 Agility is stated for the Mk50, not the Mk35 (same in the last pdf version). Do you have an up-to-date pdf in order to check the right answer?

gbhenderson
February 20th, 2022, 16:03
No sir, I just have the 3rd printing of the book.

Looking through the errata threads on the Free League forums, it looks like it was originally published with the Mk50 having the -1 Agility, and changed to the Mk35 in later printings. The item descriptions say that the Mk35 is more bulky, cumbersome, and harder to move in.

Egheal
February 20th, 2022, 17:26
Thanks, my version is the french first print, probably based on an older original version.

Valyar
February 25th, 2022, 21:21
I will check if there is official errata in easy to use format and update the modules where necessary.l

gbhenderson
February 26th, 2022, 18:30
I will check if there is official errata in easy to use format and update the modules where necessary.l

I don't believe there is. I checked the FL site on their Alien store. The forums themselves had people asking why there wasn't an official errata pdf. I only found the Agility mod error by cross referencing my hardcover copy against posts in the errata thread on the FL forums.

BVoodoo17
May 23rd, 2022, 17:28
I've noticed that when equipping and unequipping items that have a supply (air, power, etc) the max supply level is added again. For example, when re-equipping a motion tracker with a power of 5, an additional 5 power is added making it's current power 10. Doing this again bumps it up another 5, and so on.

Valyar
May 23rd, 2022, 19:19
I've noticed that when equipping and unequipping items that have a supply (air, power, etc) the max supply level is added again. For example, when re-equipping a motion tracker with a power of 5, an additional 5 power is added making it's current power 10. Doing this again bumps it up another 5, and so on.
This is the intended behavior, players should adjust the consumables manually if they are recycling gears like that.

BVoodoo17
May 23rd, 2022, 20:03
Interesting. Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to cycle gear backwards? Clicking on the carried/equipped button moves the status from carried. equipped, not carried, carried, etc. Is there a way to reverse that order? My issue is that we are tracking whether PCs are carrying a weapon (using a fast action to equip). So everytime someone cycles the state of the weapon, say a cutting torch, from equipped to not carried to carried, they get +5 power, which is annoying my players.

Thanks again.

Valyar
May 23rd, 2022, 20:22
You can reverse the direction by holding CTRL and clicking I think, but this will not fix the resource number. Still has to be adjusted manually. I am not currently at the PC, but I think that each item that is used as tool and weapon has two copies and the weapon one does not have the energy modifier.

Rpgsoldier
May 31st, 2022, 05:15
Hello, i have ran into a few issues with the ruleset

1. During the apply damage to a ship in the CT and error is received (see attached picture)
2. Found item 314 motion tracker did not have the correct power supply in sheet, should be 5 but is set to zero (see attached picture)
3. Colonial Marines Operation Manual (CMOM) careers are missing the "KEY" word for skills and abilities, which cause the PC Builder to not work correctly with them. (see attached picture)
4. not sure if this in working as intended, but weapons on ships do not show up on the CT for use. (see attached picture)

Thank You in advance for any help and for your hard work with this ruleset.

Valyar
May 31st, 2022, 06:17
Hi Rpgsoldier

Thanks for the reporting.

The CMOM module is already updated with the KEY word for skills as part of the release where we introduced it. I will check with Smite Works why the module isn't updated properly in LIVE, as the SVN contains the latest version.
Motion tracker item is updated.

Ships aren't handled as NPC and they are not supposed to have their weapons visualized and damage applied this way. They are in CT for convenience of tracking the order and the rest is handled manually. I will add a story for potential enhancement of the ships in CT to support more things in future.

Rpgsoldier
June 9th, 2022, 15:43
ok Thanks Valyar, one more question for you in regards to the individual marine pack, it says it increase the carrying capacity by two, how every i don't see an increased made. i was also wondering if a custom effect could be made that would also do the same thing, not sure if encumbrance is counted as a skill or attribute.

Valyar
June 9th, 2022, 15:52
Thanks for reminding me. I register this feature request and will look into automating this or provide interface to manually adjust.

Rpgsoldier
June 9th, 2022, 17:30
ok and thanks again.

spoofer
June 10th, 2022, 11:27
The character string ff has been rendered as ffff. See the following image.

BVoodoo17
June 15th, 2022, 18:55
Equipment such as the IRC Mk.50 Compression Suit and Watatsumi DV-303 Bolt Gun have attribute and skill modifiers when equipped, but that doesn't appear to be taken into account when rolling. Is this by design?

Valyar
June 17th, 2022, 09:11
Will take a look during the weekend. Currently preparing Vaesen 2.0 for release.

Valyar
June 19th, 2022, 10:32
The character string ff has been rendered as ffff. See the following image.
Fixed. It will appear in LIVE in 2 weeks, as it is not candidate for hot fix.

[QUOTE=BVoodoo17;653194]Equipment such as the IRC Mk.50 Compression Suit and Watatsumi DV-303 Bolt Gun have attribute and skill modifiers when equipped, but that doesn't appear to be taken into account when rolling. Is this by design?
The IRC MK.50 indeed has in the Special field listed [AGILITY -1] and this is taken into account if you make raw agility roll from the Active Equipment frame. Though, this does make only attribute check (i.e. we don't parse the list of equipped items). To have the agility penalty applied, there are two options:

Add effect to the player character in the combat tracker. You can make it like "IRC MK.50 [Agility -1]" (without the quotes)
Add it as effect under Critical Injuries. Same string as above can be used. The important thing for the automation is to get the text in [ ] correct.

ghost1850
August 4th, 2022, 18:09
Hi,
I get an error every time I try to drag and drop an item from the equipment tab to the character sheet in the gear tab. No extensions loaded, 2 modules loaded (Player Section and Game Mother Section). I have created a new campaign, but the same thing happens. The error that comes up is:
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua"]:118: findNode: Invalid parameter 1

spoofer
August 4th, 2022, 23:09
A small bug:

I set up some encounters where I replaced the NPC names and tokens with my own names and tokens.
When I populate the Combat Tracker with the contents of the encounter, the NPCs show up in the Combat Tracker with their old names and their old tokens.
I then need to replace the names and the tokens again.

A bigger bug:

As just reported, you can no longer add items to the PC gear tab.

Valyar
August 5th, 2022, 05:58
I fixed the bug that prevents adding gear to PC inventory and pushed it as hotfix, so sometime today it appear in live. Apologies for the inconvenience.

A small bug:

I set up some encounters where I replaced the NPC names and tokens with my own names and tokens.
When I populate the Combat Tracker with the contents of the encounter, the NPCs show up in the Combat Tracker with their old names and their old tokens.
I then need to replace the names and the tokens again.

We do not modify in any way the XML template and LUA code that handles tokens for combat tracker or encounters. I don't know what is this bug, will work with SmiteWorks to investigate.

ghost1850
August 29th, 2022, 22:42
Hi again,
My players get an error whenever I add any character into the combat tracker including another PC or their own character. I do not see the error on the GM side of the console. No extensions loaded, 2 modules loaded (Player Section and Game Mother Section). My players only have the Player Section loaded. I have created a new campaign, but the same thing happens. The error that comes up is:
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'summary_targets' (a nil value)
As far as I know, it did not affect anything else, it just pops up the error and annoys them. Let me know if you need the logs. I could not replicate it on any other system I have but this one. Thank you.

srbongo
August 30th, 2022, 14:17
Hi again,
My players get an error whenever I add any character into the combat tracker including another PC or their own character. I do not see the error on the GM side of the console. No extensions loaded, 2 modules loaded (Player Section and Game Mother Section). My players only have the Player Section loaded. I have created a new campaign, but the same thing happens. The error that comes up is:
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'summary_targets' (a nil value)
As far as I know, it did not affect anything else, it just pops up the error and annoys them. Let me know if you need the logs. I could not replicate it on any other system I have but this one. Thank you.

I can reproduce this.

Clear campaign, no ext ect... GM host locally, Player client connects and assigns themselves a PC. GM client drags to the CT and the Player client gets the '[ERROR] Handler error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'summary_targets' (a nil value)' error.

It only throws for PCs which are assigned and have a player connected, not for PCs without connected players.

Moon Wizard
August 30th, 2022, 17:48
I just pushed an update to the Alien ruleset that should get rid of this script error on the player client when adding entries to the combat tracker.

Regards,
JPG

SillyOldeBear
September 12th, 2022, 18:56
I am having issues with the PC Ship window, specifically, the CREW tab. In a brand new campaign, no extensions, only base modules (Alien - Game Mother Section, Alien - Player Section, Alien - Ruleset Manual) loaded, I click on PC Ship on the right nav, then + to create a new ship. When I click the CREW tab, I get a series of console errors:

This also happens when I use the USCSS Montero from Chariots of the Gods, which is the campaign I am working on.

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2022, 20:44
Just pushed a hot fix for this issue. Can you please run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

Also, in the future, could you click the Compile Logs button to get the full logs; as the actual issue was not on the screen that caused the cascade.

Thanks,
JPG

SillyOldeBear
September 12th, 2022, 23:05
Just pushed a hot fix for this issue. Can you please run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

Also, in the future, could you click the Compile Logs button to get the full logs; as the actual issue was not on the screen that caused the cascade.

Thanks,
JPG

I ran the update but it did not seem to update anything that I could tell. I have attached the full logs.

Moon Wizard
September 13th, 2022, 00:32
I just pushed another build, in case the last build didn't go through. Can you check again?

Thanks,
JPG

SillyOldeBear
September 13th, 2022, 01:45
I just pushed another build, in case the last build didn't go through. Can you check again?

Thanks,
JPG

It looks like it's working now. Thanks for being so responsive!

TeamRodriguez
October 23rd, 2022, 13:25
Hello, I am experiencing similar PC ship issues, this time when assigning a PC to a ship station (the Montero in Chariot of the Gods). Relevant logs attached. Thank you for looking into this.

vaughnlannister
October 30th, 2022, 20:38
Assigning crew to a PC ship (that has been shared), triggers the following error (see log below).

[10/30/2022 8:33:46 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[10/30/2022 8:33:46 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charship_main)
[10/30/2022 8:33:46 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template () in class (charship_main)
[10/30/2022 8:34:18 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "AlienRpg:campaign/scripts/charship_crew.lua"]:131: attempt to index local 'charNode' (a nil value)

-No extensions loaded

Valyar
October 31st, 2022, 08:32
Thanks for the reports. We will look into the PC ship issue soon.

Magnimost
November 6th, 2022, 01:07
Chariots errata:
Cham Pregen character is missing
Why does John have Heavy Weapons ammo? Is this as designed? Bolt gun?
Clayton typo "Copany Agent"

Gladmire
November 13th, 2022, 14:02
Any ETA on fixing the issue with assigning characters to ships?
Thanks in advance.

Valyar
November 16th, 2022, 05:53
Hi, I am on business trip in very remote location where I can't undertake any development activities and Internet access is quite rare. Earliest next week we might pick this up. Apologies for the delay and thank you for the patience!

Magnimost
November 16th, 2022, 10:19
Adding as bugs, as haven't received a response:

It should be possible to edit consumables manually (air, food etc). We can't figure out how to reduce/increase consumables manually - even the GM can't. Even if you remove and put on your spacesuit, it just adds Air to consumables rather than resetting it, which isn't desirable behavior. So when someone removes a suit and puts it back on, we have to go through consumable rolls until we hit exactly the amount the suit has.

How do you track individual ammo for something like the Bolt Gun? You have to reload it after each shot, but how many ammo does it have in each reload?

Valyar
November 16th, 2022, 12:04
Tracking and managing consumables involves some manual activities. This is reflected in the ruleset manual

For the ammo tracking, we have the graphical trackers that you can use in general. There is no implementation on per weapon basis though either can be done by nesting ammo clip under the weapon or I make it as feature request for next version of the ruleset.

Magnimost
November 16th, 2022, 13:32
Tracking and managing consumables involves some manual activities. This is reflected in the ruleset manual

Managing them manually is fine, but at the moment it's not even (easily) possible with the ruleset, since the player of GM can't edit the numbers on consumables on the Main page.

Valyar
November 16th, 2022, 13:44
Managing them manually is fine, but at the moment it's not even (easily) possible with the ruleset, since the player of GM can't edit the numbers on consumables on the Main page.

Editable boxes are on the inventory page. This is by design.

Magnimost
November 17th, 2022, 10:44
Editable boxes are on the inventory page. This is by design.

Oh I see, thanks! That's a peculiar design choice - the same confusion is with skills and abilities which can't be edited on the combat tab, but can on the main tab.

Therefore follow-up bug report: the dark shading of Attributes, Skills and Consumables on the character sheet suggest they can be changed on the main tab, but the latter can't. Consumables should be lighter shade of gray on the main tab. They are correctly shaded darker on Combat and Inventory tab.

Also, Air consumable increases when the item is picked up in the UI. It should increase only when equipped.

Magnimost
November 19th, 2022, 10:13
Clicking on AR in Combat Tracker should trigger Armor Rating roll - it doesn't
Xeno attacks aren't randomizable - you can only click on an individual outcome, not roll for a random one
Xeno attacks contain spoilers or editorial text (Drone Headbite: "However, should the GM wish it...")
Attack resolution in Combat Tracker shows up at the wrong slot or doesn't show up at all, haven't figured out what it does or how it works
Combat Tracker initiatives don't always go in the order of initiative, and jump around when advancing. Haven't found a pattern.
None of the stunts work from PC character sheet Combat tab, no matter how many successes are rolled: "ERROR: not enough succcesses to do stunt increase_damage"
It is unclear from documentation when/where/how CTRL+mouse wheel is to be used to increase base damage of an attack
Where does the "Apply" button show up for the GM to automate AR roll and damage? (see attack resolution above)

Destroyer of Worlds errata (spoilers)
Pregen characters are missing portraits. Pictures are in Images, but not as portraits on the character sheet. Dragging the images to the char sheet doesn't work.
"Fort Nebraska (PC version)" should be a "Handout" instead of a "Map" for consistency (handouts for players, maps for GM)
"Handout - Fort Nebraska" should specify it is Sub-level 03 - not the whole compound
Following images (maps) should be marked as GM versions so he doesn't share them accidentally
Climber Car
The Insurgent Compound
Would be nice to have metalinks (e.g. Story DoW - 04 Moonside Locations should have links to Oblivion Bar entrance. Navigating the obtuse FG UI is tough as it is, made worse by the need to hunt down where everything is manually during a game since there's no text search option like there is with a PDF.
Also would be nice to have metalinks on the maps. E.g. each GM map to have a link to the corresponding Story entry.
Typo: "Handout - Insurgent Compount"

spoofer
November 19th, 2022, 12:59
The order jumping around on the CT is frustrating. Please fix!
Links on the maps would be very helpful.

similarly
November 23rd, 2022, 03:57
1. Dragging "equipment" to "gear" box on NPC sheet does nothing. Can't add equipment to NPC, only weapons. Can't add armor.
2. Can't remove "talent" from copied NPC. Copied an NPC. Attempted to modify the NPC by removing the talent. Can delete text but not link. Right click does nothing. No edit button.

Valyar
November 26th, 2022, 13:57
OK, I am back. I will start catching up

Will focus on the crew assignment bug first and rest will follow.

Chariots errata:
Cham Pregen character is missing
Why does John have Heavy Weapons ammo? Is this as designed? Bolt gun?
Clayton typo "Copany Agent"
Cham is there, Lyron Cham, Roughneck.
Typo will be fixed.

Oh I see, thanks! That's a peculiar design choice - the same confusion is with skills and abilities which can't be edited on the combat tab, but can on the main tab.

Therefore follow-up bug report: the dark shading of Attributes, Skills and Consumables on the character sheet suggest they can be changed on the main tab, but the latter can't. Consumables should be lighter shade of gray on the main tab. They are correctly shaded darker on Combat and Inventory tab.

Also, Air consumable increases when the item is picked up in the UI. It should increase only when equipped.
Good catch, I will play with the templates to make the editable/non-editable fields much more distinguishable from each other.

The order jumping around on the CT is frustrating. Please fix!
Links on the maps would be very helpful.
What is this order jumping? Can you show me, I am not sure what do you mean.
What links on maps? Maybe this is feature suggestion?

1. Dragging "equipment" to "gear" box on NPC sheet does nothing. Can't add equipment to NPC, only weapons. Can't add armor.
2. Can't remove "talent" from copied NPC. Copied an NPC. Attempted to modify the NPC by removing the talent. Can delete text but not link. Right click does nothing. No edit button.
In 3.4 I [Added] Gear section in NPC profile. This field is not supported by automation and here will be placed all items that shouldn't appear in Combat Tracker. In general Equipment will convert Weapons to Coriolis notation when dragged, this is for the automation. Everything else must be typed. Armor is not assigning armor value automatically. Since I already implemented this in Forbidden Lands, I will cherry pick the code. Registering as feature request so I don't forget once more important bugs are fixed. I hope this makes sense.

For the talent - can't replicate. I copy the NPC, unlock and delete the talent. If you referring to the talent link under special abilities, you have to convert to body text with ctrl+1 or 2, as it is rich text format and there is link.

Valyar
November 26th, 2022, 14:10
Clicking on AR in Combat Tracker should trigger Armor Rating roll - it doesn't
Xeno attacks aren't randomizable - you can only click on an individual outcome, not roll for a random one
Xeno attacks contain spoilers or editorial text (Drone Headbite: "However, should the GM wish it...")
Attack resolution in Combat Tracker shows up at the wrong slot or doesn't show up at all, haven't figured out what it does or how it works
Combat Tracker initiatives don't always go in the order of initiative, and jump around when advancing. Haven't found a pattern.
None of the stunts work from PC character sheet Combat tab, no matter how many successes are rolled: "ERROR: not enough succcesses to do stunt increase_damage"
It is unclear from documentation when/where/how CTRL+mouse wheel is to be used to increase base damage of an attack
Where does the "Apply" button show up for the GM to automate AR roll and damage? (see attack resolution above)

Destroyer of Worlds errata (spoilers)
Pregen characters are missing portraits. Pictures are in Images, but not as portraits on the character sheet. Dragging the images to the char sheet doesn't work.
"Fort Nebraska (PC version)" should be a "Handout" instead of a "Map" for consistency (handouts for players, maps for GM)
"Handout - Fort Nebraska" should specify it is Sub-level 03 - not the whole compound
Following images (maps) should be marked as GM versions so he doesn't share them accidentally
Climber Car
The Insurgent Compound
Would be nice to have metalinks (e.g. Story DoW - 04 Moonside Locations should have links to Oblivion Bar entrance. Navigating the obtuse FG UI is tough as it is, made worse by the need to hunt down where everything is manually during a game since there's no text search option like there is with a PDF.
Also would be nice to have metalinks on the maps. E.g. each GM map to have a link to the corresponding Story entry.
Typo: "Handout - Insurgent Compount"

On the portraits - each module comes with portrait pack. You have to switch to Portraits in the Asset window in order to drag them to the PC Sheet. FG does not support export of pre-gens with portraits, must added manually.
Try to increase the width of the combat tracker to see the various buttons
You need to have targeting and proper order of executing the reactions, as we are tracking them accross the board.
I am not sure what this bounding initiative is, will investigate.
Xenomorph attacks are not yet randomized, this is future enhancement.
Same with AR rolling from CT - it is for information purposes only (as Stress Level and Air Supply)

The Destroyer of World

I will try to find time to update the module with those cosmetic changes, though I have no bandwidth to convert it to newer format.

similarly
November 26th, 2022, 14:43
In 3.4 I [Added] Gear section in NPC profile. This field is not supported by automation and here will be placed all items that shouldn't appear in Combat Tracker. In general Equipment will convert Weapons to Coriolis notation when dragged, this is for the automation. Everything else must be typed. Armor is not assigning armor value automatically. Since I already implemented this in Forbidden Lands, I will cherry pick the code. Registering as feature request so I don't forget once more important bugs are fixed. I hope this makes sense.

For the talent - can't replicate. I copy the NPC, unlock and delete the talent. If you referring to the talent link under special abilities, you have to convert to body text with ctrl+1 or 2, as it is rich text format and there is link.

Thank you very much. I figured out the gear box, but forgot to come back and delete the post. As for talents, thank you for the advice. That works!

I love this ruleset, by the way. I think the FGU version is wonderfully done.

om
November 26th, 2022, 17:17
Has this been mentioned, yet? I get "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string@AlienRPG:scripts/action_panic.lua]@93: attempt to index a nil value."

That happened every time trying to roll panic from the little yellow icon to the right of the Stress track. The odd thing is that it worked a couple of days ago but that is happening now. I'm going to restart things and see if it makes a difference.

Also, a plea for being able to adjust consumables like Air. They play a significant part in my current adventure.

Thanks.

Valyar
November 26th, 2022, 19:13
Has this been mentioned, yet? I get "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string@AlienRPG:scripts/action_panic.lua]@93: attempt to index a nil value."

That happened every time trying to roll panic from the little yellow icon to the right of the Stress track. The odd thing is that it worked a couple of days ago but that is happening now. I'm going to restart things and see if it makes a difference.

Also, a plea for being able to adjust consumables like Air. They play a significant part in my current adventure.

Thanks.
Are you using mods?

The AIR can be adjusted from Gear tab on PC sheet, as all consumables.

spoofer
January 3rd, 2023, 12:47
Recently I am seeing this error when a PC rolls panic. It is not every time though.
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "AlienRpg:scripts/action_panic.lua"]:93: attempt to index a nil value

Valyar
January 3rd, 2023, 15:10
Recently I am seeing this error when a PC rolls panic. It is not every time though.
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "AlienRpg:scripts/action_panic.lua"]:93: attempt to index a nil value

How much is the stress level when this happens?

spoofer
January 4th, 2023, 12:31
I cannot reproduce this. Sorry. The players were using pre-generated characters, two characters per player.
Here are some more bugs.
Typo in the Colonial Marines reference manual: "(including offifficers fighting in the field)"
The character builder's pre-defined gear selection mode does not do anything.
The Colonial Marines item "Dog Tags Military ID Key" is missing from the PC builder free form gear selection.
The Colonial Marines item Bi-Mex Anti-Flash Sunglasses seem to not exist.
There isn't a place to record your rank on the character sheet.

Valyar
January 5th, 2023, 08:26
I will look into the typos and see where I can put the rank in future update on the character sheet when you are playing CM. Any preference if it should be on main or notes tab?

Not all items are sorted in the free-form gear selection, I have to limit to what a PC can use and depending on the item classification it might be out of the filters. We didn't want ship weapons and etc to be available, so some filtering is in effect and those items might be "victims". Will check, but I don't think this is big issue to add afterwards.

I am not sure what do you mean by "pre-defined gear section mode does not do anything". When you use CM professions or?

spoofer
January 8th, 2023, 10:15
Thanks for all of your hard work. Here are a few more...

[AGILITY -1] in the CT does not work when the player fires a weapon via the combat tab, but works when rolling from the main tab.
The next actor button in the CT is supposed to shift the current turn to the next actor in order. I have three PCs with initiative values assigned in the CT. It works. I then added a new actor via the create item option in the radial menu. It does not have an initiative value. Now when I click next actor, the turn order jumps all over the place.
The game sometimes reports stunts and sometimes does not. See image.

spoofer
January 8th, 2023, 10:19
I am expected the something to appear here (image), ideally the A and B lists, my pre-determined gear, etc. Am I missing a step?

Valyar
January 8th, 2023, 12:55
Thanks for the report, I will add them to the backlog and prioritize. Game reports stunts from skill checks but when pushed we use more generic term, should be OK.

The CM careers are not having the pre-defined gear listed. The approach from the core book with picking two items and the pre-defined list in CM requires some coding to make it work, as I don't think you would like to select pre-defined gear. I will think how to make this convenient for the next release.

Ocelot989
February 16th, 2023, 01:18
Hi, i got the core rulebook both in fgu and physical, and going thru the physical version i noticed there are weapon art missing in the fgu version ( for example the M56A2 smart gun, and the incinerator) is this by design or is it a bug?

Aethiru
May 18th, 2023, 03:30
Hi all, searched this thread & the forum in general and didn't notice this posted anywhere.

When using the "block" reaction, you can only choose the effects from stunts - the first six isn't included. This means that the PC would have to roll two successes to choose one effect, and a single success does nothing.
Example image:

1. Cultist attacks - success with stunts. Everything works normal.
2. PC blocks, standard success - no options to add effects.

Clicking one of the reactions in the PC sheet results in the following:
`[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "AlienRpg:scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:257: attempt to index a nil value`

Valyar
May 18th, 2023, 20:37
I will check the rules tomorrow and figure this out.

Egheal
September 10th, 2023, 21:13
Hi, there is some text and icons that are bleeding outside their boxes in the character sheets. Old campaign without any extension.58826
Am I the only one to get this?
Thanks.

superteddy57
September 10th, 2023, 21:24
MOD: Moved post to bug report thread to help get more view for the developers.

Recently there was some overhaul of the windows and frames to a more standardized way in the base system. Aliens may need some adjustment to this update. I am not the developer that worked on this project, but wanted to shed some light on why this may have some issues at this time.

Moon Wizard
September 10th, 2023, 23:19
I just pushed a hot fix for the Alien character sheet layout issues. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
JPG

Egheal
September 11th, 2023, 17:26
Thanks, it works nicely!

Egheal
September 12th, 2023, 15:56
Preping for my next session I see that the "MENU" icon in the CT is no longer there. So it is impossible to launch initiative.
Could you please fix that too? :o thanks

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2023, 17:44
I still see the MENU button in my install.

Regards,
JPG

Egheal
September 12th, 2023, 17:51
Sorry for the inconvenience, it was hidden by an extension : Combat Timer. All is fine now.

Egheal
November 2nd, 2023, 20:09
Opening a System in Systems tab, I have those alerts :59210
no extension. FGU 4.4.5, Live.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2023, 03:18
Just pushed a hot fix for this one. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Egheal
November 4th, 2023, 11:55
Thanks, it is fixed!

Egheal
November 14th, 2023, 20:28
A minor visual bug : the Disarm line in Combat tab is slightly out of the window, thanks.

Meckerdrache81
February 4th, 2024, 19:51
Getting Panic Effects through automation doesn't work properly. The effects are added in CT as expected when I as GM trigger the panic roll for the PC, but not when the player himself triggers a panic roll.

Valyar
February 5th, 2024, 07:08
A minor visual bug : the Disarm line in Combat tab is slightly out of the window, thanks.
Which OS you are using to get this glitch - Windows/Mac/Linux?

Getting Panic Effects through automation doesn't work properly. The effects are added in CT as expected when I as GM trigger the panic roll for the PC, but not when the player himself triggers a panic roll.
how do you trigger the roll as GM? From player's sheet clicking the yellow button or as push? What happens if players push and panic occurs? I presume you mean the yellow button?

Egheal
February 5th, 2024, 13:03
Which OS you are using to get this glitch - Windows/Mac/Linux?
The problem has been corrected since the last major update I think. there is no problem since then. Thanks.

Meckerdrache81
February 9th, 2024, 14:46
@ Valyar: Just from a skill roll with stresslevels.

Golgoltha
February 10th, 2024, 16:53
Hello,

Thanks for the regular updates. Great module. One question. Is there a way you could make the TOUGH talent increase HP when added to the character? Even when I increase the HP with the plus and minus buttons and fill in the extra 2 pips, the PC rolls and skill, it automatically reduces their HP back to their original score of (3) rather than 5. Thank you in advance for looking into this.

TOUGH: You are used to taking a beating. You
increase your Health by +2, i.e. your maximum
number is equal to your STRENGTH plus 2.

Valyar
February 12th, 2024, 14:25
Hello,

Thanks for the regular updates. Great module. One question. Is there a way you could make the TOUGH talent increase HP when added to the character? Even when I increase the HP with the plus and minus buttons and fill in the extra 2 pips, the PC rolls and skill, it automatically reduces their HP back to their original score of (3) rather than 5. Thank you in advance for looking into this.

TOUGH: You are used to taking a beating. You
increase your Health by +2, i.e. your maximum
number is equal to your STRENGTH plus 2.

I think the Tough implementation is already there. Can you explain what you are receiving as an issue?

Valyar
February 12th, 2024, 14:30
@ Valyar: Just from a skill roll with stresslevels.

As I thought. This is not implemented with automation. Might take a look and connect with already existing rolls.

Golgoltha
February 15th, 2024, 01:40
I deleted the Tough talent and then replaced it and it works now. The red HP pips stay now.

Thank you.

Golgoltha
March 8th, 2024, 22:04
FG Unity 4.5.0 - NPC functionality in Alien RPG is broken.

Hello again. This time I promise I have a valid problem.
Seems the newest FGU update has broken the NPC stats window and it only shows ship stats. It has done this to all NPCs even the ones that come with the module.

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2024, 22:07
Thanks for reporting. I just pushed a hot fix for this one. Please run a new Check for Updates, and check again.

Thanks,
JPG

Egheal
March 9th, 2024, 10:39
It probably belongs here:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?80660-new-initiative-tracker-visual-bug
Sorry for the cross posting in CoC 7e ruleset thread and general House of healing, I think it is a Ruleset related bug.
please feel free to delete it if needed.