PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Full but only lite running

cshays25
May 9th, 2007, 17:45
I've been running FG I lite for over a year. Yesterday I decided to purchase the full version of FG II, so I purchased and downloaded it but when I launch it, it is only the lite version. I received a license key via e-mail but there seems to be no place to put it in. I tried entering it directly into the registry but FG claims the key is invalid. I'm sure I'm doing something really dumb but how do I get access to the full version. Thanks for any help you can give.

richvalle
May 9th, 2007, 18:31
The install process checks to see if you have FG running already and upgrades it... so it upgraded your lite version.

Try uninstalling FG, clearing out the FG reg and then installing FG II.

Good luck!

rv

Carlos
May 9th, 2007, 18:31
I had the same problem, I have both lite and full licenses.

To solve this issue:
1. Uninstall FG I and FG II.
2. Install FG II, and enter the new full license key.

The FG II install migrates your FG I configuration information, which as you mention is setup for lite.

cshays25
May 9th, 2007, 21:15
I had the same problem, I have both lite and full licenses.

To solve this issue:
1. Uninstall FG I and FG II.
2. Install FG II, and enter the new full license key.

The FG II install migrates your FG I configuration information, which as you mention is setup for lite.

I still play with some people who run a FG I server, can I re-install FG I lite after I install FG II? Not everyone I know is upgraded at this time, I was just trying to get ahead of the game so I could start working on a campaign, but I don't want to lose access to what my other friends are running.

richvalle
May 9th, 2007, 22:28
If you still have the install.exe and lite license code you should be able to.

rv

Maelfactor
May 12th, 2007, 23:41
I just had the same problem. There really should be an "upgrade" option in the software. ~_~

In any case, a simple uninstall of Lite doesn't work. Or didn't work for me. I had to go into the registry and delete the FG entries as stated above.

Currently reinstalling the full version without any problems though. :)

nezzir
May 15th, 2007, 20:52
Is it possible to run both versions? I use a lite client to test my ruleset, I'd like to purchase another full version and install it on my laptop (the same machine my lite test version is on) and run it when I'm away.

richvalle
May 15th, 2007, 21:08
If you have the full version you don't need the lite as the full version works as both. i.e. with the full version you can login to another full version as a client.

Also, you can login to yourself as a client when running a full version. I've had 4 clients running and logged into myself once as a test.

rv

nezzir
May 17th, 2007, 03:25
I hear you, but I there has to be a difference between full and lite. I use lite to test my ruleset to make absolutely sure that someone running the lite client can use my ruleset without problems, the same way as I can with full. For that reason, I'd like to have both on the same machine (because of my particular configuration needs). So my question stands - can you run both versions on one machine?

That said, I've notice that my lite serial number doesn't work with the version 2 installer. I have to install the old lite version and upgrade it. I cut/pasted the serial number - the version 2 installer reported it as invalid. I used the same cut/paste buffer to install version 1 and then upgraded without issue. Is this normal or did I make a mistake somewhere?

Oberoten
May 17th, 2007, 08:33
Did you include the dashes between the code's groups? FG2 wants them, FG1 can have them or not.

nezzir
May 17th, 2007, 11:48
Did you include the dashes between the code's groups? FG2 wants them, FG1 can have them or not.

I cut/pasted it from the registry. I can't remember. Maybe that's it - thanks, I'll take a look.

nezzir
May 17th, 2007, 12:29
Update:
I appears that you cannont run both on the same machine. I tried installing it and it just picks up my lite version. I tried editing the reg and putting the full key in, invalid key.