PDA

View Full Version : Player Looking for 5e Game; Voiced (discord pref)

Sh0rtbus
October 13th, 2020, 05:31
Hello everyone,

I am looking to join a group Playing 5e. I am looking for a voiced game as I enjoy the RP aspect of the characters and players, and like to interact with the Party as a whole. I have no problem with video either.

About me:
I have some limited EXP in prior editions of DND 3.5 and a very brief stint with 4e, and have been playing in a consistent game in 5e for the last 2+ years. As my main table has evolved, RL changes, Covid lockdowns etc, I have found myself, for the past 9 months, assuming the role of DM. I have thoroughly enjoyed the process, but have had to learn on a very steep curve, as I started DMing a group of 8 PC's at 7th level. We have emerged through one heavily modified Module (lost mines of Phandoleer scaled up to match the players) into a completely Homebrewed Dungeon and am now running my 10th lvl group through Against The Giants. (currently 1/2 through the Hill Giants Stronghold). That being said, at times I miss the engagement and interaction of being a player in the group.

During Covid, we did play a portion of the campaign in FG Unity, but that has been my only EXP on the virtual Tabletop.

My Play Style:
I very much enjoy experiencing the story being told and try to add to it in meaningful and memorable ways. My Characters often find a way to engage other PCs and merge their backgrounds and stories together. I like the challenge of picking a theme and back story for my Characters and work very hard to have my Ideals / Flaws / Bonds / etc reflected in their choices and actions, for good or bad. I also like to explore the alignment system, and how different alignments interact with each other.

I prefer to play support Characters or classes that do not always pick abilities or spells based off of MIN/MAX or generally accepted "Best" Status. I have found that creative use of those oft overlooked powers leads to some very entertaining and surprising outcomes. My PCs have been described to me as "Odd" "Eccentric" and sometimes "a bit creepy"...

If a part of a group, I am committed, and will not be one to "no Show" as I find that to be very disrespectful to the Group / the DM / and the community as a whole. (I have it done to me, and know the added and under strain that places on the game and the DM in particular.)

I am available for a game that meets during the week @ or after 6pm MON - WED -THURS - or FRI or anytime on SUN weekly or bi weekly.

Soo There is my dissertation, Upon review it appears a bit long, but this is my 1st post so I hope its ok.

Let me know if you need a player - and here is to future memories.

Brian H