PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation Sickness?

Haplo
May 9th, 2007, 04:44
Is there such a thing as teleportation sickness and does it apply when you cast dimension door as well??

Alarian
May 9th, 2007, 17:29
Definitely, whenever I teleport I feel queezy for a good 5 minutes afterwards. I used to teleport everywhere I went, but I've had to cut back since getting older, my stomach just can't take it anymore. I hadn't noticed it as much when I D-door I must admit.

Is there such a thing as teleportation sickness and does it apply when you cast dimension door as well??

If your asking in game, I would say to each his own. In my campaign, I don't have any such rule. They may arrive disorented but at most that would last a round, most often no more than a few seconds while they get their bearings.

Alarian.

Griogre
May 9th, 2007, 22:40
If you are talking D&D by the core rules, after you D-Door you can take no further actions until your next turn. This does not apply to Teleport.

acmer
May 11th, 2007, 19:41
IIRC Rolemaster had orientation rolls. If you need a roll after teleportation, you could use Spot. Teleporting to a location you can see would give +10 to Spot, and somewhere you can't see and haven't visited before could give -10. Failure would make you lose a round or a few, and failure by more than 10 would result in teleportation sickness. Same rules with D-Door.

I just made that up, but that could be useful sometimes. Maybe just when teleporting to a very different environment.