PDA

View Full Version : PCs unable to move tokens

WinterSoldier7
October 10th, 2020, 23:06
I have found on the latest update that PCs are unable to move their own tokens. As DM, I get the tick box to approve their intended moves, but accepting it doesn't do anything - I assumed it should move them there.

I don't have tokens locked on the map we are using, I saw there is an option for that, and I can't seem to find anything in the options for a general unlock.

Is there something I'm missing?

Zacchaeus
October 11th, 2020, 00:19
If you are seeing the tick box to approve moves then you do have tokens locked. If you had them unlocked then you would not need to approve the moves. Make sure that the tokens are correctly placed on the map by dragging from the combat tracker. To unlock tokens right click on the map and select from the radial menu or unlock the map and click the lock tokens toggle in the top part of the toolbar.

Oh, and also make sure you test without any extensions active.

WinterSoldier7
October 11th, 2020, 02:22
I used three maps for battles in my latest session and one of them worked fine. I believe I had everything unlocked but can't be certain.

Of course, it could also be any one of the ten or so extensions I have added.

Thanks for the advice Zacchaeus, I'll see if I can work out what's causing it and report back if I narrow it down to anything beyond my own oversight.

LordEntrails
October 11th, 2020, 03:11
Note that token locking is very new. It is likely that any extensions that do anything with the map or tokens will not work until those developers have time to test and fix.