PDA

View Full Version : Updater time out issues over the last few days

adminwheel3
October 10th, 2020, 17:21
I've been trying to run the updater in Classic and it seems to be running into timeout issues. Yesterday it was with some Curse of Strahd modules and it looks like today it's Rolemaster. Checking my network activity indicates that my computer is just waiting for something to happen on the other end.

Are the FG update hosts running into resource issues or has something changed recently? Seems odd that what had been a pretty seamless process suddenly started getting hinky with different files and different rulesets.

Zacchaeus
October 10th, 2020, 17:27
This error is most likely caused by something on your system blocking FG after a while. Possible suspects are flood protection or parental controls on your router or it could be your ISP if it is one of these. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53461-Comcast-XFinity-Cox-and-Shaw-Communications-Users-Important

adminwheel3
October 10th, 2020, 18:31
Ok thanks for the information - I'm using Ziply Fiber (formerly Frontier) and it doesn't look like anyone else has ran into this issue as far as a known 'advanced security setting' website. While I did disable flood control on the router and rebooted, it hasn't had any effect.

I take comfort in the fact that at least FG will launch and folks can connect, even if it won't update successfully...