PDA

View Full Version : nomenclature and problem with naming sub-folders

greowhiste
May 8th, 2007, 23:24
First off, everyone seems to call "folder" items different things on the forum and I was wondering what the actual names of everything is so that we could all speak in the same language. A brief list of things I'd like to know the accepted names of are:
the tabletop? The basic screen where everything is on top of.
*the different "folders"/"files" on the right hand side of the tabletop. Ex. "Story" "Maps and Images" "Personalities" etc.
The sub folders to the above, where the flags at the bottom can be used to categorize said "Story" elements. what are those officially called?

Now, Problem: in the "sub folder" for my Images and Maps section, i have created a few of them, then i dragged different images into different sub folders/ribbons/flags. THEN, I named them, and when i went back to check on the contents, they were gone. This problem doesn't happen if I put them all in the sub folder after i've named the it. Any way this can be fixed?

Goblin-King
May 9th, 2007, 10:26
Regarding nomenclature, we're planning to make a section dedicated to explaining and standardizing the terms used in the user manual currently under development, for this very reason.

For what it's worth, here's what I've used:

The entire FG screen is the desktop, although tabletop might really be a better term. The risk of confusing these two is not so big though, I think
The icons on the right opening the lists are books. While technically they just open a particular window, the term book more closely points to what they do conceptually.
The tabs are categories.

greowhiste
May 9th, 2007, 22:09
These are great, thanks. I think these are great terms (I too like tabletop more since it harkens to the spirit of p&p games)

Any idea why my files are disappearing when I apply a title to a category after i've reorganized them?