PDA

View Full Version : nomenclature and problem with naming sub-folders

greowhiste
May 8th, 2007, 22:24
First off, everyone seems to call "folder" items different things on the forum and I was wondering what the actual names of everything is so that we could all speak in the same language. A brief list of things I'd like to know the accepted names of are:
• the tabletop? The basic screen where everything is on top of.
•*the different "folders"/"files" on the right hand side of the tabletop. Ex. "Story" "Maps and Images" "Personalities" etc.
• The sub folders to the above, where the flags at the bottom can be used to categorize said "Story" elements. what are those officially called?

Now, Problem: in the "sub folder" for my Images and Maps section, i have created a few of them, then i dragged different images into different sub folders/ribbons/flags. THEN, I named them, and when i went back to check on the contents, they were gone. This problem doesn't happen if I put them all in the sub folder after i've named the it. Any way this can be fixed?

Goblin-King
May 9th, 2007, 09:26
Regarding nomenclature, we're planning to make a section dedicated to explaining and standardizing the terms used in the user manual currently under development, for this very reason.

For what it's worth, here's what I've used:

The entire FG screen is the desktop, although tabletop might really be a better term. The risk of confusing these two is not so big though, I think
The icons on the right opening the lists are books. While technically they just open a particular window, the term book more closely points to what they do conceptually.
The tabs are categories.

greowhiste
May 9th, 2007, 21:09
These are great, thanks. I think these are great terms (I too like tabletop more since it harkens to the spirit of p&p games)

Any idea why my files are disappearing when I apply a title to a category after i've reorganized them?