PDA

View Full Version : Translucent charactersheets, Not a Feature.

Oberoten
October 9th, 2020, 06:32
I am poring over some older rulesets of mine and we have found that when the GM has the ruleset in a folder under rulesets instead of in a pak file there is some strange issues with the charactersheets, specificaly the background graphics for them have gone away. The ruleset is based on coreRPG and worked well under FGC.

Is there any changes in how FGU handles these graphic frames that I should be aware of? We have a work-around for now where I send out a new .pak file for each system to every player manualy before the game but not everyone is terribly computer savy and remember where to drop the file every time. IE it wages time and used to be automatic.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
October 9th, 2020, 07:19
It should work the same in .pak and folder.

Could you provide me with a link to the .pak, and steps to open the window affected?
Also, what OS, just in case that matters too?

Thanks,
JPG

Oberoten
October 9th, 2020, 18:54
The Pak file in question :
https://fgrepository.com/2020/10/07/ars-magica-2-1-0-0-major-update/

Steps to reproduce :
Start FG as host, log in as player from another computer lacking the ruleset.
Open the character-sheet. Players have reported it as being entirely see through with no background bitmap despite it being visible on the GM-side.

- Obe

Oberoten
October 11th, 2020, 15:33
Work-Around : Unpack the .pak into a folder with the rulesets name instead on each of the player's computers.

Moon Wizard
October 11th, 2020, 17:56
This has to do with back slashes in the file references for the ruleset. I already had started a fix for the local versions for PAK files; but just realized it needs to be applied to the cache version. I should have a fix in the new update. Fixing the slashes to be forward slashes will fix in the interim.

Regards,
JPG