PDA

View Full Version : Cool new features comments (build 10/8/2020)

kevininrussia
October 9th, 2020, 05:07
<Visual update to pointers, targeting arrows, and selection rings.>

Targeting arrows are so great. I cant tell you how many times my players would ask me if the adjacent token was targeted. Could we have the arrows be the players dice color? Same with Token Lock movement arrow.

Selection rings are nice too. How about the ring color match the NPC type (Friendly, Neutral, Hostile)

<New wall types added to line-of-sight feature (windows, illusionary walls, and pits). (Pits are experimental, and may change behavior.)>

I was messing around with Pits. They are great! Just added one to the area my players are in to see if they trigger it next session :-)

Moon Wizard
October 9th, 2020, 05:37
The colors do match the player color for tokens linked to PCs which are logged in. The player color doesn't exist unless the player who owns the PC is logged in. Otherwise, the faction color is used (green = friendly, yellow = neutral/none, red = foe).

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
October 9th, 2020, 05:48
Probably I am doing something wrong. On the players computer the players circle is not matching their color.

https://i.imgur.com/Pki9Gim.png

On DM's computer the Foe ring color is green and not red.

https://i.imgur.com/FUZ8AwU.png

Moon Wizard
October 9th, 2020, 05:54
Sounds like there is a bug somewhere in the coloring. Let me take a look.

JPG

LordEntrails
October 9th, 2020, 05:57
No extensions right?

kevininrussia
October 9th, 2020, 06:06
Yes, It is an extension. I will look to see which one and report back.

p.s. Did anybody make a wish list for a Select All or Deselect All for Extension loading?

MasterJena
October 9th, 2020, 06:25
Hey, great job! This is a big win for FG in the UI department. I was sceptical at first and yeh I'll admit a little salty... :P But I've shown the new features and UI/texture changes to all my friends on discord and they all love it, as did I.

- Targeting/selecting looks awesome. Cones/Squares/Circles and arrows fit nicely with the token lock movement path, and I had 0 problems layering them.
- The new token lock movement arrow looks amazing! Thank you! That ENORMOUS gradient arrow was putting me off.
- It might be my video card settings, but something still feels a liiiittle off with the textures, especially the measurement fonts. I get the feeling that single digit measurement numbers look a little better than double digit. I'll test it tomorrow.

Overall a great great update. Nice!

kevininrussia
October 9th, 2020, 07:44
Apparently the culprit is Kelrugem Hight extension.

Kelrugem
October 9th, 2020, 17:41
Apparently the culprit is Kelrugem Hight extension.

yup, my height extension surely needs to be updated, but I wait a bit until I have finally free time again, and until FGU does not get updates so quickly :D (though an integrated height indicator would be nice, maybe with integration into the measurement :D)

Moon Wizard
October 9th, 2020, 18:36
I was just about to report back that the coloring was working as expected; and to check your extensions. The coloring is tied to player color and faction which is part of the live game data; not something inherent to tokens.

Regards,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 9th, 2020, 18:40
I was just about to report back that the coloring was working as expected; and to check your extensions. The coloring is tied to player color and faction which is part of the live game data; not something inherent to tokens.

Regards,
JPG

That is a really nice feature, thanks for this :)

kevininrussia
October 9th, 2020, 19:14
I like it too.