PDA

View Full Version : Numenera???

Tytalan
October 9th, 2020, 00:54
Okay I’m totally new to GMing on FG and I want to run Numenera preferably Descovery/Destiny. How do I go about it? Is their any support like there is for other games? I like the automatic dice roll and other aspects for the 5ed D&D I’ve played in is there something like that for Numenera?

superteddy57
October 9th, 2020, 01:10
There are existing rulesets for Cypher/Numenera/The Strange that come bundled with FG; but without any data. You can enter the data as you need to play.

Without some sort of SRD-style agreement from MCG, or official publishing relationship; data packs can not be made available by either SmiteWorks nor anyone on the forums. Please reach out to MCG, and let them know you want to be able to buy packs on FG.

Poe the Homunculus
November 15th, 2020, 04:05
I would like to reach out too. How can I do so?
I would love to play or run a Numenera game.

bmos
November 15th, 2020, 10:35
MCG "Contact Us" Page:
https://support.montecookgames.com/contact/general-inquiries/

superteddy57 might have tips on what you should mention.

LordEntrails
November 15th, 2020, 18:25
I would suggest you tell them how much you love their game. Also that given the current pandemic it's become central for your enjoyment and continued use of their products that you have access to them in a VTT/digital format. And that if their were available on your VTT of choice, Fantasy Grounds, you would be able to continue to patronage them and continue to play.

Of course, that's just what I would say :)

Poe the Homunculus
November 18th, 2020, 22:13
HEY THERE!
I contacted Monte Cook Games through that link and got the following message:

Fantasy Grounds Conversion

Hi Logan,

Our products are currently offered on Roll20 only, but if there is great interest in our content also being provided on Fantasy Grounds it is certainly something we will consider making available.

Warm regards,

Jennifer

Kind regards,
MCG Customer Support Team

SO let's bug them for it!! ;)

Poe the Homunculus
December 5th, 2020, 00:20
Woot! Our request for more VTT outside of Roll20; Fantasy Ground included; is working... Keep the pressure on.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/heroes-of-the-cypher-system/posts/3041695?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_regist ered_users

TenchiOni
January 25th, 2021, 16:53
I have contacted to add pressure. :)

Poe the Homunculus
January 25th, 2021, 23:05
Yes! More, more people need to contact

buckmaxwell
January 22nd, 2022, 18:42
I just saw this thread after I reached out to MCG because I want to run The Stars Are Fire in FG. Thankfully, I appear to have aligned with the suggestions above and I would love to see more people encouraged to reach out to them!

Poe the Homunculus
January 22nd, 2022, 20:03

Laerun
July 22nd, 2022, 03:42
https://discord.gg/BH8xKAB8NQ?event=996187899982778428

Numenara one shot with @Poe the Homunculus!
The Duplexity Cleave , Saturday , July 30th. 👍
Fantasy Grounds Academy Community event.
Founder's Day Weekend V.

Amerisun
January 13th, 2023, 19:30
I just submitted a ticket also, have to let our voices be heard! :-)

MentalChillness
February 20th, 2023, 10:38
A year later and they're now releasing content for 5e but still haven't worked out a contract for FG. In 2016, I played Roll20 for 150 hours and ultimately went with FG because I like everything about it better. I've sent two requests from different accounts in the last month to get their attention. Please don't give up. I own many of the Cypher System books, Kickstarted the Numenera Discovery and will buy even more books from them. I'm a full time caregiver that works from home, so I can't get to gaming conventions or play with local groups at the FLGS. Please keep sending requests. Cypher System is my favorite system and Numenera is my favorite setting. Please Monte Cook Games. Please bring your game to Smiteworks.

Poe the Homunculus
February 20th, 2023, 18:46
Thank you for sharing!

I have kept emailing about once every two months. Have you backed the Adventure in the Cypher System? They releases a notice that MCG is in talks with other VTTs, but did not give details.

Are you on any of the Discords as well? There are two different ones that I have also asked on.

Like you, Cypher and Numenera are my favorites! I run some of the cypher games during game days and online cons. Hopefully we can play at some point.

Link to the new Adventures in Cypher on Backerkit: https://www.backerkit.com/c/monte-cook-games/adventures-in-the-cypher-system

PM me for the Discord invites

MentalChillness
February 20th, 2023, 21:27
Thank you for sharing!

I have kept emailing about once every two months. Have you backed the Adventure in the Cypher System? They releases a notice that MCG is in talks with other VTTs, but did not give details.

Are you on any of the Discords as well? There are two different ones that I have also asked on.

Like you, Cypher and Numenera are my favorites! I run some of the cypher games during game days and online cons. Hopefully we can play at some point.

Link to the new Adventures in Cypher on Backerkit: https://www.backerkit.com/c/monte-cook-games/adventures-in-the-cypher-system

PM me for the Discord invites

Thank you! I almost missed their current new release because I was checking on kickstarter last night and didn't see anything on their website. I backed just in time! I'm on their Discord as well.

Reg
March 17th, 2023, 13:31
I have just written as well

Reg
May 26th, 2023, 06:51
I noticed that Monte Cook have a twitter-based vote for their next VTT implementation.

I don't use Twitter, but have been emailing them.

The Fantasy Ground team is trailing.

If you tweet and are keen get out there and vote, I guess!

MentalChillness
May 26th, 2023, 08:56
Looks like I'll be checking out Alchemy, looks real cool but haven't seen much of the battle maps yet.

Poe the Homunculus
May 26th, 2023, 20:20
Alchemy is not designed with battle maps in mind. It is a VTT designed to accommodate TotM VTTing by sharing animated pictures, music, and effects than maps and tokens.
Sort of a reverse program to other VTTs

MentalChillness
May 26th, 2023, 20:26
I kind of like that idea, but during one of the trailers they showed just a quick snippet of characters on a battlemap, that's what piqued my interest.

MentalChillness
May 26th, 2023, 20:35
I love theater of mind, but apparently they are working on a battlemap type system which they call "Tactical Mode"

Poe the Homunculus
May 26th, 2023, 20:41
Hum. Not saying it's not there, just the design is streaming, music, TotM focused. You can run theater of the mind in FGU as well.

What I really wish is that MCG would let the community convert modules for them instead and support the platform. It would be zero work on their end and give them a boost in popularity. I am fine with spending time to convert a core book as long as we have permission. They could sell or we can give away for free.

MentalChillness
May 26th, 2023, 20:55
Hum. Not saying it's not there, just the design is streaming, music, TotM focused. You can run theater of the mind in FGU as well.

What I really wish is that MCG would let the community convert modules for them instead and support the platform. It would be zero work on their end and give them a boost in popularity. I am fine with spending time to convert a core book as long as we have permission. They could sell or we can give away for free.

Yeah from what I've heard from Moon Wizard, (or someone else don't quote me on that) is that MCG would sell their products on FG but they need someone to convert all the modules and books. I would take on that herculean task, but I think we'd need a group of people to commit to that as MCG has tons and tons of books. I'd like to be apart of that team if we could organize a group dedicated to it.

Poe the Homunculus
May 26th, 2023, 22:52
I'm willing to take the lead - @MoonWizard!

Get me in contact with anyone who you heard that from!

MentalChillness
May 26th, 2023, 23:37
Yes I'm willing to assist too. Clearly we would have to start with the Core books. But I would love to be apart of getting the Cypher System and Numenera onto FG. I own all the Numenera and The Strange books and about half of the Cypher System catalog.

Poe the Homunculus
May 27th, 2023, 00:51
I have already converted the core books into JEP. A quick way to divide work would be for one person to copy the text onto a word or notebook document and the second to copy it into the FG reference or story manual.
Interested in either coping the text onto a word/notepad doc or copying into FG?

MentalChillness
May 27th, 2023, 01:17
Sure, which books should we start with?

MentalChillness
May 27th, 2023, 01:19
Also what about images? MCG has beautiful artwork. I remember FG Classic used Par5e to create some modules but I'm unfamiliar with if they still use that program.

MentalChillness
May 27th, 2023, 01:22
I have already converted the core books into JEP. A quick way to divide work would be for one person to copy the text onto a word or notebook document and the second to copy it into the FG reference or story manual.
Interested in either coping the text onto a word/notepad doc or copying into FG?

This will take some time, but I'm willing to commit to it, small steps at a time. I play in 5 games atm not including work. But I've let everyone in my groups know that this is something that I'd like to commit to. I am willing to copy it into text or make a reference. Up to you, I think the reference will be more work but I think if we keep at it, we can make some real progress.

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2023, 01:32
I don't think I was the one who said anything that specific. I just stated that we had reached out to them when they first launched Numenera and they weren't interested at the time and the next few years, so we had stopped asking.

Usually, when people are very interested in working with a publisher and we haven't gotten traction with them, having the people volunteering to develop the ruleset/content reach out to the publisher will sometimes move the needle.

Regards,
JPG

MentalChillness
May 27th, 2023, 02:30
I don't think I was the one who said anything that specific. I just stated that we had reached out to them when they first launched Numenera and they weren't interested at the time and the next few years, so we had stopped asking.

Usually, when people are very interested in working with a publisher and we haven't gotten traction with them, having the people volunteering to develop the ruleset/content reach out to the publisher will sometimes move the needle.

Regards,
JPG

Sorry for putting words in your mouth. I just know we discussed getting Cypher onto FG and it seems we have at least of couple of us that are willing to put in the work. If there are anymore volunteers that would be fantastic as they have a massive catalog of material.

superteddy57
May 27th, 2023, 09:09
It's never been for lack of enthusiasm for Cypher. The publisher/license holder doesn't want to provide permission for us to release any content for them. What you would need to do is reach out to Monte Cook and get permission to convert the material and to expand the ruleset. If that is never acquired, then nothing can be done from our end.

Jiminimonka
May 27th, 2023, 09:44
Sorry for putting words in your mouth. I just know we discussed getting Cypher onto FG and it seems we have at least of couple of us that are willing to put in the work. If there are anymore volunteers that would be fantastic as they have a massive catalog of material.

I converted the 5e Numenera PDF with all the monsters, magic items, adventure and made 2d maps as well, and Monte Cook are not interested in VTTs.

Poe the Homunculus
May 27th, 2023, 19:47
But they are excited to be on Alchemy VTT. They were one of the first backers

Jiminimonka
May 27th, 2023, 19:57
But they are excited to be on Alchemy VTT. They were one of the first backers

Maybe, that's gonna be ready in about 4 years....

MentalChillness
May 28th, 2023, 00:13
It seems like Monte Cook needs to embrace the future that fewer people will be playing around actual tables.