PDA

View Full Version : Steam does not recognize installation

maelstorm
October 9th, 2020, 00:15
Hi, I just purchased FGU from Steam.
When I click on launch from Steam, I get an VC++ failed to install error right after it tells me about VC++ requirement. I continued regardless and opened the runtime installer separately. It didn't recognize the installation.

I tried reinstalling, didn't work.
I tried verifying cache, it only checks for 1 file.
I tried installing runtime from Microsoft. I can see it installed in Add-remove programs.

Steam keeps opening the steam launcher exe and that keeps forwarding me to the installer. I can open the fantasy grounds updater and update the game but Steam does not recognize the installation.

PS: I change the installation directory as the default C: directory does not fit me. I initially used a completely different folder and it kept checking files in the steam folder, so rn I'm using that folder.

Is there a way to make windows?steam? recognize the installation?
Also, FGU seems to be updating everything. I don't need, say 4E stuff, is there a way to only update 5E things?

UPDATE: After manually opening the updater and finishing the update, the installation was recognized.

Zacchaeus
October 9th, 2020, 00:23
Hi maelstrom, welcome to FG.

You don’t need to run via Steam, you can create your own shortcut and run from that.

All rulesets (such as the 4e one) that come with the license are always updated and installed. Some rulesets such as the 5e one require other rulesets to be installed since they are dependant on that. So no you can’t prevent what comes with the license from installing.

maelstorm
October 9th, 2020, 09:18
Thank you!

Since both my points are resolved, should I do anything or just leave the thread? (I thought I'd mark the title as SOLVED but I don't think I can edit)

Nylanfs
October 9th, 2020, 17:04
No, it must stay and mock you forever. :)