PDA

View Full Version : Change Text Color

Ghst69rdr
October 8th, 2020, 07:00
In a recent update, all of the text within the reference manual became white (on the tan background). This text is extremely hard to read. How do I change the text color back to black? Any help would be appreciated.

Zacchaeus
October 8th, 2020, 09:24
Hi Ghst69rdr, welcome to FG.

What manual and for what ruleset? Also what theme are you using?

MonkwithRabbit
December 2nd, 2020, 18:51
Is this for 5ed? That's what I'm using and the recent update did the same thing - everything is white on tan, and all rolls are white on white (which means you have to rely solely on the dice image) I can't read anything and we are gaming right now - it's awful.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2020, 18:57
Is this for 5ed? That's what I'm using and the recent update did the same thing - everything is white on tan, and all rolls are white on white (which means you have to rely solely on the dice image) I can't read anything and we are gaming right now - it's awful.
What theme/s do you have loaded?

MonkwithRabbit
December 2nd, 2020, 19:56
Simple Brown, Simple Grey, and Wood (as well as the SmiteWorks Unity theme)

It also says (in white, so I missed it): Extension (Theme: FG Dungeon) loaded)

Willot
December 2nd, 2020, 20:39
If you have more that one theme loaded that can cause issues.
First step Unload ALL themes and see how that looks (in the options BEFORE you launch the campaign)

damned
December 2nd, 2020, 21:17
In pretty much all cases you should be running either NONE or ONE theme. No more.

Its like telling an interior decorator to paint and wallpaper your house in Brown.
And then telling another one to do it Grey.
And then having your builder wood panel the place.
And then doing it yourself in Red and White.

And having all four of you doing it at the same time.

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2020, 22:24
In pretty much all cases you should be running either NONE or ONE theme. No more.

Its like telling an interior decorator to paint and wallpaper your house in Brown.

Have you been spying on me again?

damned
December 2nd, 2020, 22:36

Ooops I just saw that you also got your teenage son to do the place up in Gothic at the same time.

LordEntrails
December 2nd, 2020, 23:06
Ooops I just saw that you also got your teenage son to do the place up in Gothic at the same time.
So in other words, yes, yes you have hacked my security cameras!

damned
December 2nd, 2020, 23:44
So in other words, yes, yes you have hacked my security cameras!

Security cameras? I thought it was pay per view comedy channel.

LordEntrails
December 3rd, 2020, 00:21
Security cameras? I thought it was pay per view comedy channel.
LOL, very nice :)

Kelrugem
December 3rd, 2020, 01:47
The security cameras are not from damned :ninja:

Damned, you forgot to transfer the money last time :p

MonkwithRabbit
December 8th, 2020, 17:52
I've explained to our DM the thoughts of this thread (except the surveillance ones). He says that he's fixed the theme issue, and he has. Sort of:

As you can see - When I chat it's black and visible, but testing roles gets the white on white again. For reference, my character sheet is dark tan background with white lettering, which is visible. Thoughts?

LordEntrails
December 8th, 2020, 18:27
Get the DM to use one and only one theme that is known to work. Or just remove all themes and run with the default look and feel until s/he gets a custom theme that actually works.

MonkwithRabbit
December 11th, 2020, 19:15
Thank you! I think it's been fixed now!

ErevanAluAthil
March 4th, 2022, 05:31
could you add how one might change this? that is if the theme is what is causing the issue?

damned
March 4th, 2022, 06:59
could you add how one might change this? that is if the theme is what is causing the issue?

Try a different theme.

sciencesean
January 16th, 2024, 00:39
Hey, I'm having this problem too (and I wasn't before, not sure what changed). I'm having trouble with reading the Pathfinder 2e Reference Manual for Little Trouble in Big Absalom while using the FG Dark theme. I get that swapping to another theme would fix the issue but it seems like the themes you get in the art subscription should work with content by default. I've tried reloading without any themes activated and then reloading again with just the them I want activated and it still looks like this:

Laerun
January 16th, 2024, 04:13
Hey, I'm having this problem too (and I wasn't before, not sure what changed). I'm having trouble with reading the Pathfinder 2e Reference Manual for Little Trouble in Big Absalom while using the FG Dark theme. I get that swapping to another theme would fix the issue but it seems like the themes you get in the art subscription should work with content by default. I've tried reloading without any themes activated and then reloading again with just the them I want activated and it still looks like this:

Make sure that you don't accidentally have two themes active as well. Although I doubt that is the issue here.