PDA

View Full Version : Little Weapons

Last_resort_33
May 8th, 2007, 09:36
In FGII, I would like to give my weapon (small size sling) 1d3 +1d6 +1 damage. I can do the +1 bit, and the d6 but, but as it seems to be a "Drag and Drop" your dice onto here box, then I don't know how to do the d3. I tried to go into the D20.xml file in the characters folder and alter it to this

<damagebonus type="number">3</damagebonus>
<damagedice type="dice">d3,d6</damagedice>

but it just ignores the d3. Can you help?

Goblin-King
May 8th, 2007, 10:03
You can get a d3 from the d6 radial menu. The d3 looks exactly similar to the d6, but the result is divided by 2 when it is rolled.

Last_resort_33
May 8th, 2007, 11:06
Thank you. I now have an additional, unrelated problem, but I don't want to start a new thread.

I opened the D20spells.mod file in winzip and then added a new spell, critical strike. I've been through it and I can't see any problems with it, but now when in FGII, I can open the book in the module activation window, but it doesn't appear in my Library...

wha???

Goblin-King
May 8th, 2007, 11:52
Make sure all the tags are closed properly and that there are no typos in the tag names.

Also, if you make direct changes to the d20spells.mod file, they will be overwritten the next time you run the updater. The recommended way of making custom spells is to create a new module with a different name, and including just the custom spells.

Last_resort_33
May 8th, 2007, 21:02
I apologise, yes, it was a syntax error:o
but there is a problem still with my little weapons. I input a d3, say, and it works great, but when I exit FGII and load it up again, it disapears.

ALSO, since update 2.10, the D% is buggered. the units always appears as -1

Oberoten
May 8th, 2007, 21:14
Seconding this bug.

Griogre
May 8th, 2007, 22:31
Definately a bug and I noticed that one time I didn't get a "tenten" (00-90) dice as the first die of the d100 pair.

DoomDuck
May 9th, 2007, 08:30
EDIT: The radial option for a d3 does take it into account. I'm dumb and overlooked an obvious way to test. My bad!

Also, slight issue on the d3: Dividing a 6-sided dice by 2 doesn't actually generate a three-sided dice:

1 = 1
2 = 1
3 = 1 (rounding)
4 = 2
5 = 2 (rounding again)
6 = 3

Unless you have the '3-sided dice' option in the radial menu take that into account. I can only test it by rolling the 6-sided dice and using the division option.

~DD

Last_resort_33
May 9th, 2007, 09:14
the code is actually

function onValue(result)
return math.ceil(result/2);
end

which always rounds up... not a problem...

but it still won't stick on the character sheet after a restart.