PDA

View Full Version : Just bought FGU but cannot activate

Quin452
October 7th, 2020, 16:39
So, I subbed to the Ultimate tier, 40mins ago. An email still hasn't come through from FG, but I was able to manually link it up using the details on PayPal.

I've got the licence key, and I've tried to enter it, but nothing works.
I've copied and pasted, and even typed it out manually, yet it is filled in like a password (censored). I'm not sure if this is by design, as the screenshots in the guide shows the actual key.

I've tried hooking up via my account, and nothing comes through, but if I try to registered again, it says that my account is already registered (this was an accidental click, but at least we know).

I've tried updating FGU, and resetting the computer, but FGU is still marked as FREE and won't accept the licence key.

Update: I am currently re-installing. It shouldn't be necessary, however my anti-virus was having issues with FGU yesterday. I'll update if this is resolved.

Update 2: Yep, all working now :-)

Nylanfs
October 7th, 2020, 17:40
Yea! Word of warning, do NOT cancel your sub till you are done with it. Because of the way paypal handles it they will send an immediate cancel code to Smiteworks systems and you will loose your sub. So wait till a couple days before the due date.