PDA

View Full Version : Unity does not keep maximized window setting across restarts of the application

Valyar
October 6th, 2020, 08:53
If I run Unity maximized, the settings are not retained when I launch the application next time. The only setting that is retained is the window size when the application wasn't maximized before closure.

Attached is a screenshot from Unity when I launch it after it has been maximized and closed.

Shimrath
October 6th, 2020, 22:37
I am having the very same issue as pictured in the post above. It is just sort of full screen, and reverts back to that no matter if i go full screen or not.

Thanks,
Shimrath.

Sulimo
October 6th, 2020, 22:49
Right-click the FGU shortcut choose Properties, and go to the Shortcut tab, set the Run option to Maximized.

https://i.imgur.com/3XEezwG.png

Shimrath
October 6th, 2020, 22:52
Remedied.

Thank you, Sulimo!

Shimrath
October 6th, 2020, 23:10
After today's update, it reset back to the near-full screen state. . . :confused:

Shimrath
October 6th, 2020, 23:22
So, i followed Sulimo's advice a second time, and now it's working again, but. . .

. . .there is a strange "double-vision" effect that goes away after about 20 seconds or so.

Kelrugem
October 7th, 2020, 01:14
So, i followed Sulimo's advice a second time, and now it's working again, but. . .

. . .there is a strange "double-vision" effect that goes away after about 20 seconds or so.

Yeah, I have precisely the same problem then, therefore I do not use this option anymore (because this double-vision can be there for a much longer time sometimes); you can reduce that time by clicking some other option in the compatibilities for full-screen optimization. But I rather manually maximize it now :D

Valyar
October 7th, 2020, 02:52
Right-click the FGU shortcut choose Properties, and go to the Shortcut tab, set the Run option to Maximized.
While this is a workaround the issue, it is not solution to the problem. :) FGC does not suffer from this bug, therefore should be fixed at some point in Unity.

Moon Wizard
October 7th, 2020, 03:17
FGU does not support maximize at this time. It is something on our list to look at, but lower priority at the moment.

I have no idea how any forced maximization through the OS will work, so your experience will vary.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
October 7th, 2020, 07:06
Alright, good to know it is on a list to be resolved :)

g0ntzal
October 7th, 2020, 13:00
FGU does not support maximize at this time. It is something on our list to look at, but lower priority at the moment.

I have no idea how any forced maximization through the OS will work, so your experience will vary.

Regards,
JPG

Good to know that issue is on the to-do list. MacOS full screen feature is very important to me but I can wait for the moment to come.