PDA

View Full Version : Cache cleaning for DM

Tanklin Kregin
October 5th, 2020, 20:16
Hello
I read through lots of similar posts, but they all talked about player cleaning their cache, My game is starting to get a little stuttering and some small spinning times, I did not have say months ago, would this help?

I also started on the last game, 1 player was on the map was able to move ( i could see when clicked on their char.), but the player not able to see anything except for the tokens, thought this was something I did. Sounds like maybe they need to clear their cache.

win 10
Major DLC; Handbook, dm book, xen, volo, forg realms sword coast, and so forth,
Lost mine is the mod being played, using some sources from yp

I have ext for tracking attunement, the deities, and the lvl 20char with powers

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2020, 20:55
Welcome :)

The GM does not have a cache, but they have their campaign itself. Periodically the GM should go through this and unshare images, stories, and NPCs that are no longer needed by the players. The number of images can become an issue for long running campaigns. Also if you have numerous tokens in the /tokens/shared folder that can cause problems too.

None of the rest of that should be a problem. But more details can help us give you better solutions if that doesn't resolve your issues.

Tanklin Kregin
October 6th, 2020, 16:49
Welcome :)

The GM does not have a cache, but they have their campaign itself. Periodically the GM should go through this and unshare images, stories, and NPCs that are no longer needed by the players. The number of images can become an issue for long running campaigns. Also if you have numerous tokens in the /tokens/shared folder that can cause problems too.

None of the rest of that should be a problem. But more details can help us give you better solutions if that doesn't resolve your issues.

Ty For Quick response
Ted