PDA

View Full Version : Very long time to load books into the client

graziano.girelli
October 5th, 2020, 19:04
I noticed the other night (as a player) and Saturday night (as a master) that it takes a very long time to load the manuals.
For example tonight I shared the manuals for the players, but after an hour on the client there is still no manual visible.
Is this normal?

JohnD
October 5th, 2020, 20:33
No that sure wouldn't be normal.

esmdev
October 6th, 2020, 20:20
I noticed the other night (as a player) and Saturday night (as a master) that it takes a very long time to load the manuals.
For example tonight I shared the manuals for the players, but after an hour on the client there is still no manual visible.
Is this normal?

I'd say try just the Players Handbook and see if that pushes quickly or still takes a long time.

If it doesn't load in a timely fashion there might be some connection problems. I had a problem like that in the past where my router triggered the anti-flood protection when people download the player modules. It caused all sorts of annoying problems. It usually showed in chat as player connected, player lost connection, player connected. On the player side it just sat trying to download and they never saw any indication of the disconnect so it tried and tried but never succeeded because of the disconnect caused by the flood control. Turning it off fixed that problem.

graziano.girelli
October 6th, 2020, 20:31
I'd say try just the Players Handbook and see if that pushes quickly or still takes a long time.

If it doesn't load in a timely fashion there might be some connection problems. I had a problem like that in the past where my router triggered the anti-flood protection when people download the player modules. It caused all sorts of annoying problems. It usually showed in chat as player connected, player lost connection, player connected. On the player side it just sat trying to download and they never saw any indication of the disconnect so it tried and tried but never succeeded because of the disconnect caused by the flood control. Turning it off fixed that problem.

I try: same problems also on local network. As far as I know, the books that the master shares should load on clients automatically.
The only way to have them on the client was to enter the "modules" section and press the "load" button manually.
In this way it took very few minutes to load everything.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2020, 20:36
As far as I know, the books that the master shares should load on clients automatically.
You're giving permission for a player to open a library module. The players still have to open those library modules.

There are some standard groups that the players can open with one button click from the second Campaign setup screen displayed when first joining a campaign (or press the "Setup" button in the campaign options window to bring up the campaign setup window).