PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Simple, Character Driven Campaign - D&D 5th Edition (Sat 2-5 pm Central US)

Williebemacin
October 5th, 2020, 18:06
FG License: I have ultimates for both FG and FGU
Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: Central US
Day of week and time: Saturdays from 2 pm to 5 pm (three hours)
If new game, planned start date: TBD
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly: One Week Play Time, One Week Community Time
Term: We will play for five sessions, break and evaluate, and decide if we want to play five more.

Text or Voice: Good microphone is a must. (Webcam is preferred but not required)
Voice software used: Zoom ( I have a professional account)
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: I will record and might in the future post the sessions to Youtube-- we will see.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Honestly it is up the characters you choose. Keep in mind this will be simple; I am not going all Mercer.
Number of Players in game & needed: I don't want more than six, but I am willing to go with as little as four.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 Start (Milestone Leveling), Standard Starting Equipment
Character restrictions: We will ONLY be using PHB races, classes, and subclasses-- the exception is the UA Ranger. I am not against any new content, I just want to keep it simple and basic here. You are free to stick with the standard backgrounds or use the template to make your own.

This is not a pre-made or pre-built campaign. I am doing absolutely no pre-campaign prep before I know who your characters are and what they want to do. I mean there is literally nothing planned--this is way different than what I have done with campaigns in the past.

This will not be a sanbox hex-crawler. There will be a direction once we have players and I know their characters and what they want. I do not intend to make a map and I do not plan to get too detailed about kingdom/faction backgrounds. I will try to make very interesting NPCs to interact with, which will hopefully make up for the lack of innovation elsewhere. This campaign could also be episodic, meaning that there are small stretches of downtime between each arc the party pursues.

DM/Player Expectations

1. Please read everything above. If you don't bother to read, I can't keep you--sorry.

2. You must be above the age of 24, I just want a more mature game.

3. No murder-hobos. Zero tolerance.

4. Please be willing to be a part of at least five-game and community building sessions. Community building sessions are opportunities for us to talk to one another, give feedback, discuss future direction, and just to hang out. The best games come from players who are comfortable with one another--I want that to be a priority.

5. I want a diverse game because those games are just better games. I am looking for people of all stripes--so if you are not okay with diversity and with differing perspectives do not bother to apply to this game.

6. Rather than ban all the -isms, there will be an open opportunity to call out the DM/players if they say something that you consider to be offensive or if we going into an area that is perhaps a trigger for you. We will need to be open to the correction and try to apologize and approach the situation differently. If you get defensive when someone calls you out, please do not apply for this game.

7. We will develop a list of things we will not have inside the game. These could include traumatic experiences, phobias, offensive language (whether cursing or not), themes, etc. The DM and players will stay away from anything on that list and if we accidentally stray into something on the list, there will be a warning signal.

8. Try to be on time, starting ten minutes late may not seem like such a big deal but three hours go by fast.

9. Overall, I expect people to treat each other with decency and respect. We are adults and we should settle our differences amicably. Sometimes that means someone has to leave the game--it happens. I want it done as politely and lovingly as possible.

If you are still interested , apply here (https://forms.gle/9986wMrfk8ohDVub7).

This is a repost with modifications to an earlier post.

Snufalupaghus
October 5th, 2020, 18:43
I'm very much interested, however the link says that you are no longer accepting responses.

Williebemacin
October 5th, 2020, 18:44
I'm very much interested, however the link says that you are no longer accepting responses.

Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.

Snufalupaghus
October 5th, 2020, 18:57
Gonna take me a while, as I haven't created a char yet.

Snufalupaghus
October 5th, 2020, 19:16
I've submitted a response, however things may change depending on how we plan to proceed with the campaign, as far as char background is concerned, however that will generally be my chars situation

Jesster78
October 6th, 2020, 14:41
I do believe this kinda blank slate campaign is ideal. Count me in! (Prays for amazing player synergy and imagination)

Williebemacin
October 7th, 2020, 15:53
I do believe this kinda blank slate campaign is ideal. Count me in! (Prays for amazing player synergy and imagination)

Make sure to apply via the link above!

Slinging Dice
October 10th, 2020, 02:38
I just submitted an application through the link, sounds like a very interesting way to approach a campaign!

Klondikejimbo
October 11th, 2020, 14:53
I submitted, not rolled a character yet, first time Unity player.

Williebemacin
October 15th, 2020, 15:27
Still looking for 1-2 more players -- Game starts 10/17/20. Apply above.

Sh0rtbus
October 15th, 2020, 20:58
I submitted the application, with some initial ideas. Will want to tweak it a bit if chosen, once i know some basics about the other players.

Anknarr
October 17th, 2020, 20:51
I sent in an application as suggested. I hope to hear from you soon about the chance of playing in your game.

Feldsparian
October 18th, 2020, 03:41
I sent in an application as well.

Williebemacin
October 18th, 2020, 16:42
If you sent in an application, you aare being considered. Otherwise the application is currently--closed. Thanks to all who applied!