PDA

View Full Version : Combat Range

Xargun
October 4th, 2020, 19:08
Just wondering if there are any plans to incorporate the range penalties automatically in combat. The game already measures the distance between characters on the combat map - so the information is there.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2020, 19:45
Just wondering if there are any plans to incorporate the range penalties automatically in combat. The game already measures the distance between characters on the combat map - so the information is there.

Xargun

Hi Xargun,

If you mean it tracks distances on the map from token to token. I got warned not to use that as it was unreliable. However with FGU, it could be something, as it'd be ace for Grenades as well, and any blast weapon.

I'll ask the powers that be again and see what they say.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 4th, 2020, 20:10
Hi Xargun,

If you mean it tracks distances on the map from token to token. I got warned not to use that as it was unreliable. However with FGU, it could be something, as it'd be ace for Grenades as well, and any blast weapon.

I'll ask the powers that be again and see what they say.

Cheers,
MBM

Yeah - when you have a target selected on the combat tracker and then mouse over the character it shows an arrow from you to your target and lists the range - every time I've looked its been correct. So just wondering since ranges modify attack rolls in Traveller if an extension or mod to the software could be made to automatically incorporate that into the rolls. Or perhaps add an option to turn it on and off ? It would be useful in a variety of ways.

Thanks for checking.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2020, 20:55
Hi Xargun,

I've asked and been told that it's still unreliable in-script. Works perfect in the UI, but not using code and of course, taking into account walls etc it would probably never be accurate enough to automate it.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 4th, 2020, 20:56
Hi Xargun,

I've asked and been told that it's still unreliable in-script. Works perfect in the UI, but not using code and of course, taking into account walls etc it would probably never be accurate enough to automate it.

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks for checking.

Xargun