PDA

View Full Version : Steam Library DLC Parenthood

Hyperventilator
October 4th, 2020, 09:16
The premise: I have a Steam-bought FG Classic with Steam-bought DLC in its library and I have bought FG Unity on Steam, as well.

Question:

While the DLC from FG Classic *do work* in FG Unity through the SmiteWorks account / Steam account link, are the DLC from FG Classic's Steam library supposed to migrate to FG Unity's Steam library? Mine have not, and I have received contradicting statements from Steam's SmiteWorks developer account (saying the DLC should have two parents on Steam) and SmiteWorks support (saying the DLC library doesn't migrate). Can users here help me out and check their Steam library whether the DLC library has migrated to FG Unity? Attached image for clarity.

According to support, going forward, when you buy DLC that works in both FG versions on Steam, the purchased DLC should appear on both game versions' libraries. I assume this has worked in practice?

Marquis_de_Taigeis
October 4th, 2020, 13:21
Hi

I have been purchasing all my DLC through steam since i got FG, (before unity was on steam) so normally when i bought new dlc, i normally have to open classic first, as this was the dlc page bought from, and hit the FG update button, once classic has updated the content, the FG server now has the purchase linked,

so i am assuming this is the point where either through stand alone unity or from within steam unity, that when you hit the unitys update button it should show up in the owned unity dlc on steam.

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2020, 14:52
As far as I know as long as you have synced your Accounts (that is the Smiteworks and Steam accounts) then updating either Unity or Classic should download all your DLC no matter where you bought it from. I didn't buy my license via Steam but I do have Steam purchases and those all update properly for both Classic and Unity.

Hyperventilator
October 5th, 2020, 09:56
Yes, the DLC works fine in both FG versions, that is luckily not the issue. I'm just wondering about the DLC Steam parenthood and whether I have a glitch or if it's working as intended. All the DLC I have are still listed only in the Classic version's Steam library.

ddavison
October 6th, 2020, 01:03
Do you own FGU on Steam as well?

If so, can you email us your Steam username and screenshots from bot FGC and FGU? We can forward it to Valve to investigate it further.

Hyperventilator
October 6th, 2020, 07:28
Do you own FGU on Steam as well?

If so, can you email us your Steam username and screenshots from bot FGC and FGU? We can forward it to Valve to investigate it further.

Yes, I own FGC and FGU on Steam. The DLC is displayed only in the FGC library, however.

I emailed my Steam username to your support address.

The screenshot is in the original post as an attachment but I'll add it again in the email and here:

ddavison
October 6th, 2020, 14:34
Thanks Hyperventilator.

Can you check to see if they show up as already owned on the Steam store for both? That would be the more pressing matter because without, you could potentially re-purchase something you already own.

If they don't show up, a screenshot of the two DLC lists on the store would be helpful.

Hyperventilator
October 6th, 2020, 16:41
Thanks Hyperventilator.

Can you check to see if they show up as already owned on the Steam store for both? That would be the more pressing matter because without, you could potentially re-purchase something you already own.

If they don't show up, a screenshot of the two DLC lists on the store would be helpful.

No, the DLC do not show up as already owned on the Steam store for both - only for FG Classic. That is the core issue.

I have already provided a screenshot of the two DLC lists in the original post, my previous reply, and in the email, but I will attach it for the fourth time here. The screenshot is attached to this reply. If you can not see it for some reason, please let me know.

The screenshot is here. Click this: 39989

Trenloe
October 6th, 2020, 16:51
I have already provided a screenshot of the two DLC lists...
@ddavison is asking for "a screenshot of the two DLC lists on the store" - not screenshots of what you have in your library.

Hyperventilator
October 6th, 2020, 17:19
@ddavison is asking for "a screenshot of the two DLC lists on the store" - not screenshots of what you have in your library.

I'm not sure I understand. There is a list of 1600+ DLC titles on the FGU store page. Surely I'm not meant to take 80 screenshots to show them all? I don't see a way to filter the ones I own there.

What am I expected to do?

ddavison
October 6th, 2020, 17:21
Sorry, I mean on the Steam DLC page where you would actually buy it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/360115/Fantasy_Grounds__DD_Monster_Manual/

Hyperventilator
October 6th, 2020, 17:39
Sorry, I mean on the Steam DLC page where you would actually buy it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/360115/Fantasy_Grounds__DD_Monster_Manual/

OK, do you need screenshots of all the DLC store pages that I own or just one example?

Edit: The DLC store page doesn't seem to indicate the parent game it's registered under. It just shows which parent game it needs.

Edit 2: Here's a screenshot of the Dungeon Master's Guide store page. It shows that I own it but it doesn't tell which of the two required parent games it's filed under: 39990

ddavison
October 6th, 2020, 18:05
I think that is fine.

Whatever Valve does to display the DLC within that window you posted in the earlier screenshot doesn't appear to look for any DLC with multiple parents. As long as Steam prevents you from re-buying it, then you can just ignore that issue. The update will pick up for both FGC and FGU for you.

Hyperventilator
October 6th, 2020, 18:40
OK, thank you!

The update will pick up for both FGC and FGU for you.

Could you elaborate - what do you mean by this?

ddavison
October 6th, 2020, 18:46
Just run an update and Fantasy Grounds (FGC or FGU) will install your purchase no matter whether you originally bought it for FGC or FGU.

There was a bug in the updater earlier on that required you to either re-sync purchases from Steam on our website or run an update on FGC before it showed up in updates for FGU, but that has been fixed.

Hyperventilator
October 6th, 2020, 19:14
ah, gotcha! Thanks