PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Ground Issues

SpoopyDoo
October 3rd, 2020, 04:00
Hi everyone,
My party has hit another problem within the game. A few of the members are sitting trying to jointhe game the screen says attempting to join host server and sits at that screen. We've double checked the I.P. and we're going to check if the dm needs to switch back to his old computer as he just go a new computer. He did transfer over every file he could find from the old computer having to with fantasy grounds to the new pc.
I'm not even able to get past the fantasy grounds updater. I updated to the newest version, which every one in the party is doing (including the C++ update) but the FGUpdaterEngine won't load and stops at not responding. I'm attempting to uninstall and reinstall but it can't even do that.

Thanks for any help you can offer

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2020, 05:29
MOD: moved to Help forum, may need to move to FGU forum if this is a FGU issue.

Sorry your group is having problems. We're going to need more info. The first thing is are you folks using FGC or FGU?

See the link in my signature for the other types of information that will help us help you. It's very generic, but will help outline the types of details that will help.

SpoopyDoo
October 3rd, 2020, 07:39
Sorry for the late response,
Everyone was able to get on although I'm still not sure what's goign on with my laptop that won't load fantasy grounds. We are playing on FGU and we had to uninstall and then reinstall to the new version that required the C++ update. On the laptop that isn't working when I try to open fantasy grounds it opens to the fantasy grounds updater which is all black minus the top bar which says FG updater Engine and the minize, expand and exit. The longest I've sat on the screen is 15minutes before clicking on it leading to a FGUpdater Engine not responding error message.
When I try to uninstall the same thing occurs with it opening FGUpdater Engine with the same black screen and process as before.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2020, 13:05
Please post the contents of FantasyGroundsUpdater.log found in the FG app installation directory - which is usually C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds