PDA

View Full Version : Re-Installed Win 10 / FGU Won't Install

Mytherus
October 2nd, 2020, 23:37
First except for the m2 in this post all my hardware is the exact same, nothing else changed. I upgraded my m2 (evo 970 500 gb -> evo 970 1 TB), obviously I re-installed Windows 10. Windows 10 is updated to 1909 build, when I go into updates it says I'm current.

I also have the latest c++ redist 64bit downloaded straight from Microsoft installed.

BEFORE I changed my m2's -- I had both FGU and FG Classic installed and both installed without a single hint of issue.

Just tonight I download FGU go to install it and it says "Failed to install Visual C++ Runtime"

I completely uninstalled FGU , rebooted the system, tried to re-install again and same results.

Any ideas?

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2020, 23:46
I would normally suggest trying to manually installing the 64-bit Visual C++ runtime. But you said you already did that. What about uninstalling it and seeing if FGU installs it for you?

Mytherus
October 4th, 2020, 15:04
So my FGU is working now. It still said the same error about the Visual C++ Runtime failing to install, even when I uninstalled it completely and then re-installed it. However, I then went to the FGU folder and saw the .exe for the updater there. So I clicked it -- it installed FGU like nothing was wrong. It did all its updates (which takes a while because I have a fair amount of purchases) and since then it is working fine.

Just wanted to close this out and state what happened in case anyone else runs into this on a re-do of your system drive.

LordEntrails
October 4th, 2020, 18:17
Thanks for letting us know its working. Glad you are back to gaming!

Oberoten
October 5th, 2020, 19:17
Go to the directory, run the update program and it should solve the problem.