PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Clock Adjuster Extension

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 2nd, 2020, 03:11
Seycyrus

here's the span of time adjustment, I tested it and it worked fine.
To use it is necessary to configure a calendar.
For events they need to be visible.
The travel time calculation can be changed to miles / hour or miles / day or kilometers / hour or kilometers / day
Hope you like it.
In addition to this, I have others that are modifications from other extensions to better adapt to GURPS.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 2nd, 2020, 03:15
Earlier I posted the font extension 2.0 but I am having some problems with fonts that do not appear in the FGC and Sources that give error with accentuation and with a "Greek" font that writes but not as in the font.
I still don't know what it is ....
I use accentuation because I'm Brazilian.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 2nd, 2020, 04:01
GURPS Clock Adjuster based on [Utility] Clock Adjuster - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster
GURPS Adjustments and GURPS Times New Roman are my creations
GURPS Audio based onAudioOverseer (Audio Management Extension) - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53583-AudioOverseer-(Audio-Management-Extension)
GURPS Core Theme based on GURPS Core Theme - https://bit.ly/GURPSCoreTheme

The GURPS Core Theme extension only changes the description, size and position of the dice tower, the GM Icon and adds a generic icon to the ad
All my extensions are just a silver dice symbol with the extension name using npcchatfont.

Fezzik Buttercup
October 2nd, 2020, 23:13
I'm getting weird messages with the clock adjuster. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting the campaign calendar up first. Mostly when I try to do the advance, it does advance the time, but it throws this out too.

Times new Roman is nice. I think it will help alleviate my squinting at the screen. One of the others threw something out about dice, but I might have had the no dice extension added that time and it complained because the other dice weren't around to modify. I admire your working on these things. Changing and modifying those languages was enough for me for a long time :)

The weird months are a new bug in the system that don't have anything to due with your ext.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 2nd, 2020, 23:57
@Fezzik Buttercup

Here I do the following to work the buttons, open the calendar and set the time and date using the Set (the one below the Add), done when I click on the buttons below it works normally.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 3rd, 2020, 00:02
@Fezzic Buttercup

If I make a video showing how I operate, it would help, but there is a problem I am Brazilian and I do not speak English.
Which version of Fantasy Grounds Classic or Fantasy Grounds Unity are you using?

Fezzik Buttercup
October 3rd, 2020, 05:21
FGU. I know some things don't work well between the two versions. I only noticed the "set" on the normal calendar; I'll look tomorrow for the other one

seycyrus
October 20th, 2020, 02:19
Yako, thanks for your work on making these things work for the Gurps ruleset.

I am looking at the "travel part" of the clock adjuster and am having a hard time figuring out what each part should be set to. Perhaps something was lost in translation. Can you provide a screen shot in Portugese on what it looks like, so that I can try to translate it myself?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 20th, 2020, 02:45
If you set any time before clicking on the buttons below which are basically 6 am in the morning 12 pm in the afternoon, 6 pm in the afternoon and midnight, it does it without error, as for the travel time, you define the total distance click away and in the same place again and he will define the distance repeat the procedure and it will appear in the chat that the party traveled X distance for a while Y and this will deduct from the total distance, when the value equals that means you arrived.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 20th, 2020, 02:53
Seycyrus I made a video, soon I will post the link

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 20th, 2020, 03:59
3. GURPS TUTORIAL - Clock Adjuster (https://youtu.be/jptlpi6PDvU)

Unfortunately the audio of the video is in Portuguese, but I will try to show how to use the Clock Adjuster, setting the date, time, showing how to adjust the Advance Time error and showing the use of Travel, notice that after I set 6PM (18: 00) and travel for 4 hours the time changes to 10PM (22:00).

seycyrus
October 21st, 2020, 02:15
Thanks for the video.

I think it might make more sense to native English speakers if you changed "Travel by" to "Travel for", or perhaps "Time Traveled".

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 21st, 2020, 02:25
I can change this, text is that in this case the text was already ready and that was just an adaptation to work on GURPS, I hope the video has helped to operate, even with my audio that is not understood by many and mainly because I am with problem.

Fezzik Buttercup
October 21st, 2020, 17:44
That video was super helpful. I didn't understand what you were saying, but you had nice mouse/cursor movement over everything and I saw why I was getting the divide by nil error :) [set they timer first]

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 21st, 2020, 17:52
Glad the video helped, because the audio was very bad and had a language barrier, but now we all know how to use the extension without errors: D
Now I just need to do something and show the ruleset in practice to the Brazilian community, because in theory I already know almost everything!

seycyrus
November 2nd, 2021, 02:06
Yako,

I am finally getting to try to add sound to my FGU, and have a question about your Gurps Audio.

Is there a problem in the Audio Overseer extension for the Gurps Ruleset that your Gurps Audio fixes?

I assume that your extension works for you. Is it triggering properly on chat triggers? I cannot get it to to play triggers for me.
I also cannot get Audio Overseer to trigger either.

I am using the Syrinscape fantasy genre player, and have FG set to source 1.

Any idea what else I might be missing?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 2nd, 2021, 03:50
Actually it's the audio overseer but "custom" for GURPS, in fact it's been a while since I've done anything related to the extensions I've changed|especially the sound one, but I can try to take a look and see what happens. But I confess that I stopped messing with the hope that the GURPS ruleset will end so I can redo the extensions in a definitive way.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 2nd, 2021, 22:27
Seycyrus, I messed with something from the extensions and I believe the clock adjuster is working but not 100% because it doesn't do and never did what I wanted the most and I asked for help from the original creators, which is to trigger the reminders with the trip and not just with the advance of time...
But even so I hope it helps...
Taking advantage of the situation, here are other extensions that I have modified to suit GURPS.