PDA

View Full Version : New FGU Art Pack Subscription available

ddavison
October 1st, 2020, 00:45
We are happy to announce the release of a new initiative - the FGU Art Pack Subscription. For $5/month, you get access to everything in the art pack. Over time, we will continue to add more and more products into the art pack. You maintain access to the product for as long as your subscription remains active.

Every product we add to the sub will be available for purchase separately for those who don't like subscriptions. For those of you who have already bought everything Joshua has created for us so far, your value won't start to show up until we release several more items.

Read more about it here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FGUArtSub.php

Art Pack Contents: (As of 11 May 21)

Fantasy Grounds 2019 Art Pack
Abyss Art Pack
Coastlines Art Pack
Crests Art Pack
Regional Map Pack
Town Art Pack
Underground Map Pack
Forest Map Pack
Fundamental Fantasy Map Pack
Fundamental Fantasy Map Pack II
Mountain Top Castle Map Pack
Underground
Mountains Map Pack
Old World Regional Map Pack
Jungle Map Pack
Interior Map pack 1
Interior Map Pack 2
Scifi Interiors Pack
Spaceship Art Pack
Goblin Camp Art Pack
Spell Templates
Town And City Scapes Art Pack
Town Art Pack
Underwater Map Pack

Themes

Gothic Theme
Futuristic Theme
Wizards Desk Theme
Industrial Theme
Modern Theme
Western Theme

WindrunnerCGG
October 1st, 2020, 03:35
How soon do we expect there to be more packs added to the sub? Josh has mentioned it a few times that more art is coming.

Windrunner

ddavison
October 1st, 2020, 03:43
We have some ready and will add 1 Pack next week.

JohnD
October 1st, 2020, 04:28
I'd love to see a tutorial video or two of how to use this content, made from the assumption that the viewer has absolutely no prior experience or knowledge of map making programs in general and/or the specific FGU functionality in question.

WindrunnerCGG
October 1st, 2020, 05:19
There are two that I'm aware of, and Josh has said he's working on shorter ones for each "feature". The two I referred to are:
Josh's full demo at GenCon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kakTSGWBrI&t=2280s
Josh using the 2019 Art pack to build a regional map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdu5nVi9F_M&t=1601s

Windrunner

Egheal
October 1st, 2020, 14:13
Can we hope to have some price reduction for a one year subscription ?

ddavison
October 1st, 2020, 16:31
Can we hope to have some price reduction for a one year subscription ?

Sure. I added an annual option that saves $10.

Egheal
October 1st, 2020, 16:57
Thanks !

mattekure
October 1st, 2020, 17:04
I like the idea of having a constantly growing bunch of assets, and the subscription model works well for that. I have a similar subscription with Syrisncape for sounds. The main concern is losing access to all of the assets once a subscription is ended of course.

One thing I particularly like about the Syrisncape subscription model is that you will retain access to any content that is released while you have an active subscription, even if your subscription ends. So say I am a subscriber for 2 years, and during that time 10 new soundpacks are released. Even after my subscription ends, I retain access to those 10 packs, nothing released before my subscription went active, and nothing released after it ended. This method really works for me as I get access to everything while the sub is active, and know that I will retain access to at least some of it when the sub is cancelled, and helps the company as they get the revenue stream from the subscription model.

Perhaps something like this could be considered for the art packs.

Egheal
October 1st, 2020, 17:17
yes, i find somewhat reassuring to know that i'll keep something if i suddenly can't afford to continue the monthly subscription. The syrinscape model is great in this regard.

LordEntrails
October 1st, 2020, 17:20
I've got similar concerns as to Mattekure. But I also realize the "challenge" or problem with a subscription that grants back issues and during subscription for future use.

I would suggest consider looking at the ProFantasy/Campaign Cartographer model for their "Annuals". In this case you do not get access to past content, but during the year you are subscribed you get permanent access to everything released during that year. You can then buy past "annuals" so you get the old stuff too.

So, to adjust that to something similar, The old/existing art packs would need to be purchased, then those released during the subscription period would grant permanent access. And you could still give a discount for paying for a year in advance.

Just some thoughts, in case you hadn't thought of them before.

Valyar
October 1st, 2020, 17:31
I am very grateful that you decided to provide perpetual licenses and not go into extorsion business. Too much companies go this model, which is no-go for more and more people.

Larsenex
October 1st, 2020, 17:43
Hehe,

I own those ones listed. Thanks for the links to 'how to use' videos as I need more tutorials.

This is a great idea on the sub but I will continue to purchase outright.

Jaybob32
October 1st, 2020, 21:54
Little confused with this statement. "Since more assets will continually be added to the subscription, the value will continue to increase." Will these extra assets be available if you purchased the pack outright? I already own all but 2 of those packs.

Neovirtus
October 1st, 2020, 22:01
He's saying that the value of content included in the subscription will grow over time, as they release more art packs. If you are buying the packs outright, rather than using the subscription, you would have to buy any new art packs obviously.

ddavison
October 1st, 2020, 22:10
Little confused with this statement. "Since more assets will continually be added to the subscription, the value will continue to increase." Will these extra assets be available if you purchased the pack outright? I already own all but 2 of those packs.

Early next week we will be adding one or two new packs -- probably an Undergrounds map pack and a Gothic theme. That will increase the value by $15 if we price them as expected ($9.99 and $4.99).

To answer the other questions, we plan to continue offering everything in the pack as separately purchasable items. If you only like a handful of the items in the sub, then buying individual items will give you permanent access to those items without having to maintain any sort of subscription and may be cheaper for you overall.

If someone doesn't subscribe today (where the assets are valued at $54), then when they come back in December, the total value of all assets they gain access to might be worth $100. If they wait a year before subscribing, the value of all the assets they gain access to on day 1 of their subscription might be $200 or more. If you only host games for a few months each year -- maybe over the summers or winter breaks, then you could choose to get the sub during those times specifically and have access to everything during the periods that you are subscribed.

ddavison
October 1st, 2020, 22:13
I like the idea of having a constantly growing bunch of assets, and the subscription model works well for that. I have a similar subscription with Syrisncape for sounds. The main concern is losing access to all of the assets once a subscription is ended of course.

One thing I particularly like about the Syrisncape subscription model is that you will retain access to any content that is released while you have an active subscription, even if your subscription ends. So say I am a subscriber for 2 years, and during that time 10 new soundpacks are released. Even after my subscription ends, I retain access to those 10 packs, nothing released before my subscription went active, and nothing released after it ended. This method really works for me as I get access to everything while the sub is active, and know that I will retain access to at least some of it when the sub is cancelled, and helps the company as they get the revenue stream from the subscription model.

Perhaps something like this could be considered for the art packs.

Our model is a bit different than Syrinscape's model. If you cancel the sub, you lose access to everything in the sub. You don't gain any of the packs that were released while you were subscribed; however, you instantly gain access to everything ever released in the subscription the moment you re-sub. You don't miss any packs, essentially. You either have access or you don't based on the subscription status.

Jaybob32
October 2nd, 2020, 01:01
I guess what I'm actually asking are the previous packs getting any updates? And will you get those updates if you already bought the pack? Or will an future additions only occur as new packs?
I can't find anything but I'm sure in your streams you had mentioned that the packs will get some additional updates in the future.

ddavison
October 2nd, 2020, 01:05
I don’t know that we have any planned updates on our existing packs, but any modules you have access to on your account would get updated no matter if you bought it once or got it through a subscription.

Jaybob32
October 2nd, 2020, 02:24
I don’t know that we have any planned updates on our existing packs, but any modules you have access to on your account would get updated no matter if you bought it once or got it through a subscription.

That's fair. I'll keep an eye on it. And I look forward to seeing what other packs you come up with.

JohnD
October 2nd, 2020, 18:50
Doug, would you consider making a bundle package for these art packs? In a similar way that you have the AD&D Classics bundle, the 5e Essentials bundle, etc...?

andrewcr
October 3rd, 2020, 05:10
Our model is a bit different than Syrinscape's model. If you cancel the sub, you lose access to everything in the sub. You don't gain any of the packs that were released while you were subscribed; however, you instantly gain access to everything ever released in the subscription the moment you re-sub. You don't miss any packs, essentially. You either have access or you don't based on the subscription status.

That pricing structure sounds way confusing to keep track of.

I was expecting a subscription for Fantasy Grounds but I was thinking it would be map packs with varied desktops and custom dice. What is proposed is fine tho.

andrewcr
October 3rd, 2020, 05:19
I am going to suggest a Map Pack Header in the Assets Folder to find these with ease.

ddavison
October 6th, 2020, 18:39
We just added two new packs to the subscription for the month of October.

Underground Map Pack
Coastlines Map Pack

Enjoy.

Jaybob32
October 6th, 2020, 23:00
We just added two new packs to the subscription for the month of October.

Underground Map Pack
Coastlines Map Pack

Enjoy.

I just subbed to the to the art pack subscription. The two new packs are not showing up for me. I'll wait a bit and check again.

LordEntrails
October 6th, 2020, 23:44
I just subbed to the to the art pack subscription. The two new packs are not showing up for me. I'll wait a bit and check again.
Make sure you run an update. Then they should show up in your Assets list.

Jaybob32
October 7th, 2020, 00:31
Make sure you run an update. Then they should show up in your Assets list.

Yep. I have, 3 times now. The other packs I did not own already, showed up but not the two new ones

ddavison
October 7th, 2020, 00:39
My apologies. That was an error on my part and I forgot to also add them to our updater. I just added them now, so they should get picked up.

Jaybob32
October 7th, 2020, 00:46
My apologies. That was an error on my part and I forgot to also add them to our updater. I just added them now, so they should get picked up.

Yes sir, that's the ticket. All present and accounted for. Thank you.

Granamere
October 7th, 2020, 22:20
Any thoughts on a master subscription that gets you the license and the art packs?

ddavison
October 7th, 2020, 22:27
That idea has definite merit, but for now we want to track them separately.

mlbrown
October 8th, 2020, 00:27

With Syrinscape you have access to everything while subscribed, but you keep everything released if you cancel. The only difference I see in your subscription is a former subscriber loses everything. The Syrinscape type of model is premised on the assumption that the person who subscribes would likely buy some but not all of the released products covered by the subscription, so in return for providing a steady income stream to fund development, the subscriber gets to keep the products released during their subscription.

I admit it is a different model, but I think the pure subscription model will result in far fewer subscribers than if you used the Syrinscape model. Right now getting the subscription and maintaining it makes a lot of sense for someone who makes a lot of maps. It doesn't for someone who mainly runs existing adventures and just needs a few battle maps or wants to supplement with a side adventure or two in a prepared module. Alternatively, the subscription should at least offer a deep discount to purchase the art packs (similar to EA and Microsoft with their game subscriptions).

Granamere
October 8th, 2020, 01:16
OK silly question time.

So if I get a subscription and make a bunch of maps then my subscription ends can I still use the maps I made? I think the answer is no but you talk about images and not maps so I want to make sure it is clear. I take it none of the maps I make can be exported? Is there anyway to share maps I make with friends so they could use them in their games?

As you can guess I have not bought a map pack so this is new territory for me. If I could use the maps I made, I could see where as a DM when I know I am kicking off a new session, I might get this for a month or two make my maps then drop the subscription until the next new session kicks off then pick it up again. Just a thought.

Trenloe
October 8th, 2020, 01:24
So if I get a subscription and make a bunch of maps then my subscription ends can I still use the maps I made?
This is answered in the page linked in post #1.

Granamere
October 8th, 2020, 01:35
This is answered in the page linked in post #1.

So if I get a subscription and make a bunch of maps then my subscription ends can I still use the maps I made? I think the answer is no but you talk about images and not maps so I want to make sure it is clear.

So no the answer is not linked in post 1. The site says images not maps as I stated. I try not to assume and guess incorrectly.

One other small thing. The store link at the top of this page is different than the store link at the top of the store page. This one does not have the "Art Subscription" in the drop down.

Kelrugem
October 8th, 2020, 02:14
So no the answer is not linked in post 1. The site says images not maps as I stated. I try not to assume and guess incorrectly.

Trenloe is right, you can read in the provided link:

Fantasy Ground Unity will remember what assets you are trying to use, but they [images] won't display. Instead, they will display as red question marks since the assets will no longer be on your account. You would have to renew your subscription and run an update to re-activate them.
That was about images/maps, and about assets:

The art will only be active on your account for as long as you maintain your subscription. It terminates immediately upon termination of your subscription. If you choose to cancel your subscription, you can always re-subscribe at a later date, run and update and resume where you left off.
Or I do not understand what you are asking for :) (with images you probably meant assets, but the FAQ means with "images" what you call "maps") (and images and maps are the same in FG slang, then there are also assets)

Edit: So: Assets = the stuff you use to create images/maps :)

Granamere
October 8th, 2020, 02:37
If this is the case then the site need to clearly state maps will not be usable which from my original post is what I assume but it needs to be clearly spelled out because others could assume they lose access to just the "images" that are used to make the maps and not their created work.

Kelrugem
October 8th, 2020, 02:45
If this is the case then the site need to clearly state maps will not be usable which from my original post is what I assume but it needs to be clearly spelled out because others could assume they lose access to just the "images" that are used to make the maps and not their created work.

The question answering the stuff of images/maps in the FAQ reads

What happens to images I create using art assets in the sub if I cancel my subscription?
That question makes it clear that it is about what you create with assets :)

But it could be of course that I am just not confused because I am using FGC/U already a long time :D Hence, might be more difficult for me to see such possible misunderstandings because I am used to these technical terms :)

Granamere
October 8th, 2020, 03:08
Most people that have subscription models Adobe, Microsoft Office, etc. when the subscription runs out you get to keep what you make. My images and documents and all I still have. I just can not make more. Most people will expect the same thing here.

Also an image to a person is just that a picture. A map especially in FGU is much more than an image. It can have LOS built into it. People will see it differently from a simple image.

I expect from my Silly question post as stated, if you read it, that people will lose access to them. My point is this need to be clearly stated and not be left for someone to misunderstand and be upset when the subscription ends.

As you point out what may be clear to the long time expert might not be clear to the novice. :)

One other question that should be on the page is does this work with Classic? I know it says Unity multiple times on the page but that might save SmiteWorks from have to refund some people that miss it is Unity only.

Kelrugem
October 8th, 2020, 03:28
Most people that have subscription models Adobe, Microsoft Office, etc. when the subscription runs out you get to keep what you make. My images and documents and all I still have. I just can not make more. Most people will expect the same thing here.

Yeah, I see where the confusion comes from :) (though that is due to how this image and asset stuff works in FGU; the advantage of FGU's system is that we now can make copies and use copyright materials, we could even share it because the image/map is only shown when you own the copyright thing in some sense)

ddavison
October 8th, 2020, 03:48
I explained it as clear as I could on the page.

When you build a complex map it is built using shortcuts to assets. FGU does not render a final image or export it in any way. If you lose access to those assets, your map will remember the name of all those assets but it won’t be able to render any of those components. As I stated on the page, those will render again once you renew your subscription.

frostbyte000jm
October 8th, 2020, 04:19
Part 1: the whole "Since more assets will continually be added to the subscription, the value will continue to increase." I take two different ways. Meaning as you add more it is worth more. I think this is what you meant, but you could also mean, "as we add more the subscription will cost more."

Is the subscription price planning on going up? If it is planned, will it be for all subscribers or just new subscribers?

Part 2: will there be a modern map pack? I know FG seems to cater to more fantasy worlds (which I totally get), but I am a big modern timeline player. What other Map Packs are in the plans?

ddavison
October 8th, 2020, 05:00
The price can never change for anyone renewing their sub. The value will definitely increase, and we may re-evaluate the price at some point in the future for new subscribers.

There are a few themes that we are looking to add, but the first 3 or 4 months are pretty light on modern and sci-fi content.

Granamere
October 8th, 2020, 13:31
OK so if I subscribe and I only use art from the Underground Map pack. Then I stop my subscription and buy the Underground Map pack do I have access to what I have created? The way you state this on the subscription page makes me think I would not have access unless I resubscribe. What happens if I make a map and use Underground Map pack and the 2019 Art pack then only buy the Underground Map pack? Do I only see the parts I own?

Was any though put into rebranding all of the packs to be art packs? I can see people in the future asking do I need a map pack to make the map and then use the art packs to change how it looks.

ddavison
October 8th, 2020, 13:43
If you regain access to the assets, your map will will render properly. FGU won’t care whether you have access through a subscription or outright purchase. Either will work and starting from a sub and later switching to a onetime purchase is fine.

Nylanfs
October 8th, 2020, 17:17
Perhaps you could make a yearly bundle of the previous year's subscriptions packs? I'll note that I am also VERY much against subscriptions where you lose access to the items you had while subbing.

Granamere
October 8th, 2020, 17:39
I going to step back and look at this from a different angle. SmiteWorks makes a great product. The catch is they need to find ways to have a revenue stream so they can continue to produce and upgrade what they make. If you think about it a even $100 per copy sold how many do they need to sell a month to just keep the lights on? Also think about it that is a one time purchase. Yes we buy books and other things from them but what they make off of that?

I just signed up for a yearly subscription for this but I doubt I will even use it. I do have a vested interest in keeping the company up and running so I am going to put my contribution in this way.

frostbyte000jm
October 8th, 2020, 17:51
I going to step back and look at this from a different angle. SmiteWorks makes a great product. The catch is they need to find ways to have a revenue stream so they can continue to produce and upgrade what they make. If you think about it a even $100 per copy sold how many do they need to sell a month to just keep the lights on? Also think about it that is a one time purchase. Yes we buy books and other things from them but what they make off of that?

I just signed up for a yearly subscription for this but I doubt I will even use it. I do have a vested interest in keeping the company up and running so I am going to put my contribution in this way.

I am having a tough time deciding buy outright each month, or pay $50 a year for rentals.

I think I am settling on buying outright, but not 100%. This way I only buy the ones I need when I need them. in the long run save a few bucks. In the short run, I won't have enough money for my ultra wide 50".

But I do want to keep giving FG money to keep pushing newer and better stuff. This is one reason I really think they need a vote with money for features. I would totally be willing to drop cash on features that can't easily be built externally.

ddavison
October 8th, 2020, 17:57
Our goal with the sub is to generate recurring revenue and to keep the monthly cost as low as possible, relative to what you get. We also want to allow people to drop off for a while and hop back in based on expected usage.

Neovirtus
October 8th, 2020, 19:24
I will chime in, in favor of the current pricing model. I wouldn't necessarily be interested in paying roughly $60/yr to "subscribe to own" art packs. It doesn't matter how great they are or how much value they give, I don't think that I make my own maps enough to make it worth it, as currently I'm running Curse of Strahd and all my maps are pre-made. However, I plan to run an Eberron campaign next, which will be much more homebrew in nature. I think it is much more likely that I will find value in subscribing for the 3-6 months that game runs and get the full value of the subscription during that time. If it were "subscribe to own" or some similar model, I would feel much more pressure to continue to pay once I move onto my next campaign just to not miss out on packs that are released during that time in case I need them in the future. With this model, you can subscribe for a couple months here or there and get the full value of the art packs immediately, and I think that will meet my needs perfectly.

Jaybob32
October 19th, 2020, 19:40
I see the subscription page is updated with some new packs. Fundamentals and whatnot. Updating FGU is not downloading the new packs. Should it? Or will that be tomorrow during regular update days?

If so, a pox on you for teasing me with new content.

Thanks anyway.

Edit: I'm such an idiot. I just realized these are finished maps and not assets. However, I still can't actually find them. But I'm guessing I just have to wait.

ddavison
October 19th, 2020, 19:58
I see the subscription page is updated with some new packs. Fundamentals and whatnot. Updating FGU is not downloading the new packs. Should it? Or will that be tomorrow during regular update days?

If so, a pox on you for teasing me with new content.

Thanks anyway.

Edit: I'm such an idiot. I just realized these are finished maps and not assets. However, I still can't actually find them. But I'm guessing I just have to wait.

Well, I was going to talk to the person who set those up -- but then I remembered the doctor said it wasn't healthy to talk to myself that much. It's been magically fixed and they should download now.

Jaybob32
October 19th, 2020, 20:26
Well, I was going to talk to the person who set those up -- but then I remembered the doctor said it wasn't healthy to talk to myself that much. It's been magically fixed and they should download now.

Talking to yourself is fine. My doctor says don't forget to turn on downloads. :)

Nylanfs
October 19th, 2020, 21:04
"How else am I supposed to have an intelligent conversation?"

ddavison
October 19th, 2020, 21:39
"How else am I supposed to have an intelligent conversation?"

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2d/fe/59/2dfe59ba482d5318847672a00299ccd5.jpg

mlbrown
October 22nd, 2020, 17:42
I will chime in, in favor of the current pricing model. I wouldn't necessarily be interested in paying roughly $60/yr to "subscribe to own" art packs. It doesn't matter how great they are or how much value they give, I don't think that I make my own maps enough to make it worth it, as currently I'm running Curse of Strahd and all my maps are pre-made. However, I plan to run an Eberron campaign next, which will be much more homebrew in nature. I think it is much more likely that I will find value in subscribing for the 3-6 months that game runs and get the full value of the subscription during that time. If it were "subscribe to own" or some similar model, I would feel much more pressure to continue to pay once I move onto my next campaign just to not miss out on packs that are released during that time in case I need them in the future. With this model, you can subscribe for a couple months here or there and get the full value of the art packs immediately, and I think that will meet my needs perfectly.

The subscribe to own model is full access to everything while the subscription is current, and continued access to what was released during the periods you subscribed when the subscription is not current. For example, I own the 2019 art pack. If I subscribed today, I would gain access to the 10 packs that I do not own. If 2 packs are added next month, I would have access to all 13 packs, but I would only own 3 of them (2019 and the 2 new ones). If I did not renew, I would only have access to the 3 I own. This is the Syrinscape model. The access you have while subscribing is identical to a pure subscription model, the difference is the access you have later. This would require more work on Smiteworks part to implement since they would have to add each new product to the owned list of all subscribers at the time of release.

Maybe they should let us vote with our wallets. Add a $6/month, $60/year that is the Syrinscape model and see how many people opt for each option. As long as someone maintains their subscription, it is just additional revenue.

GavinRuneblade
October 22nd, 2020, 21:30
My thought on this is that even $1 per month is vastly more than the cost of buying them outright given how long I have already used FG. And since one of my two primary reasons for using FG is that I have outlived so many other web-services but FG gives perpetual licenses, such a subscription is a vulnerability I'd rather not take on. As a GM who runs very sandboxy games where I don't always know ahead of time what I'll need visually, these are great products for me. So thanks for the option to buy them, but I'll pass on the sub at any price.

ddavison
October 22nd, 2020, 21:42
The value proposition will mostly depend on how much of the new content we release each month you will end up buying and how much you already own. I expect we will be adding roughly $120 to $200 worth of art packs to the subscription annually.

VTHokie93
October 24th, 2020, 01:56
Hi. I purchased the subscription today and then ran an update. It looks like all the packs downloaded because I am seeing them in my vault directory, but not all of them are showing up in my modules window. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

ddavison
October 24th, 2020, 02:26
Hi. I purchased the subscription today and then ran an update. It looks like all the packs downloaded because I am seeing them in my vault directory, but not all of them are showing up in my modules window. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

That is correct.

You can find them all under the Assets folder. It is no longer necessary to load modules that are just tokens or images.

VTHokie93
October 25th, 2020, 02:29
That is correct.

You can find them all under the Assets folder. It is no longer necessary to load modules that are just tokens or images.

Ah. Found them. Thank you very much.

Jiminimonka
October 25th, 2020, 20:27
Think I found a LOS bug with Fundamental Fantasy Map Pack II - the LOS on Bandt's Grotto (both versions)

Cant post attachments, but the LOS is out of alignment with the map image.

ddavison
October 29th, 2020, 14:36
We just added the Gothic Theme to the pack. Enjoy.

OCT 2020 Additions

Underground
Coastlines
Gothic Theme

NOV 2020 Planned Additions

Mountains Map Pack
Western Theme

Jiminimonka, I will let Joshua know about the LOS issue.

superteddy57
October 29th, 2020, 17:07
Think I found a LOS bug with Fundamental Fantasy Map Pack II - the LOS on Bandt's Grotto (both versions)

Cant post attachments, but the LOS is out of alignment with the map image.

Thank you for the report. We will be investigating the issue. For the future, please direct any bugs/errors to this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59964-Official-SmiteWorks-FGU-Art-Map-Pack-thread

jwatmough
October 29th, 2020, 19:21
The issue has been fixed and already pushed into the patch system.
Thanks so much
JW

Jiminimonka
October 29th, 2020, 19:28
The issue has been fixed and already pushed into the patch system.
Thanks so much
JW

Cool. Thanks

djbreaktime
November 2nd, 2020, 06:14
Hey, sorry to be that guy but I subbed and then logged into FGU and the maps assets are not loading for me, I'm sure it is operator error on my part but what have I missed here?

LordEntrails
November 2nd, 2020, 06:21
Hey, sorry to be that guy but I subbed and then logged into FGU and the maps assets are not loading for me, I'm sure it is operator error on my part but what have I missed here?
Did you update after you subbed?
Does your Order History show the product?

ddavison
November 2nd, 2020, 12:08

Make sure to look under Assets > Images and not under Library > Modules. This is a change in how FGU handles asset only style modules.

djbreaktime
November 3rd, 2020, 16:31
I did check. Nothing there. PayPal shows I've paid but I have no history it in FGU.

ddavison
November 3rd, 2020, 16:32
I did check. Nothing there. PayPal shows I've paid but I have no history it in FGU.

I don't see it on your account. Please contact [email protected] and provide the PayPal transaction ID, Profile ID for the subscription and your username. We can link it for you. It may be set up under a different email address that is different than the one you use for our website.

ddavison
November 16th, 2020, 22:06
November releases have been added and December planned releases are listed.

NOV 2020 Additions

Mountains Map Pack
Futuristic Theme

DEC 2020 Planned Releases (Subject to change)

Jungle Map Pack
Interior Map pack
Wizards Desk Theme

Kreger Bjorn
December 2nd, 2020, 06:10
No rush or anything but is there a release date for the Dec 2020 Additions?

Merry_Mayhem
December 24th, 2020, 12:01
So I am not seeing how to use the themes with this subscription? Should I not be seeing an extension to load the theme?

Jiminimonka
December 24th, 2020, 12:11
The themes appear towards the bottom of the extensions list for each campaign.

Merry_Mayhem
December 24th, 2020, 14:25
The themes appear towards the bottom of the extensions list for each campaign.

I know how themes work.

Guess I was not being clear, none of the new theme that should be included in my art subscription show up in the list of themes at the bottom of the extension list.

I am starting to think my subscription is just not working. I searched assets for jungle and nothing I find states it from the jungle pack. I am being billed each month $5 for it.

Jiminimonka
December 24th, 2020, 14:42
I know how themes work.

Guess I was not being clear, none of the new theme that should be included in my art subscription show up in the list of themes at the bottom of the extension list.

I am starting to think my subscription is just not working. I searched assets for jungle and nothing I find states it from the jungle pack. I am being billed each month $5 for it.

Hit the update button and if that doesnt work contact [email protected] and they will fix it.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2020, 14:50
You should see your subscription details if you go to the store page and select the store dropdown and go to order history. If you don't see your art pack sub there then you should contact customer support https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

If you do see your subscription there then open up the folder where your data is stored (default is users/username/AppData/Roaming/Smiteworks/Fantasy Grounds) and find the vault folder. Can you post as screenshot of the contents of that folder please.

Also other things to check; make sure that at the top of the start screen that it doesn't say DEMO beside the version number. If it does then you'll need to enter your license key information into the settings menu (as well as your username and password). Make sure also that the version number at the top right is version 4.0.6.

Merry_Mayhem
December 24th, 2020, 15:07
https://i.ibb.co/V9wKbcP/fgu.png

So I see stuff that I had bought before the started the subscription service but nothing ever after that.

I am up to date and not using a demo.

I do see everything else, even stuff I bought today, just nothing from the art subscription.

Checking paypal, I was charged by SmiteWorks USA, LLC for $4.99 on 11/29/2020

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2020, 15:29
I think you'll need to contact customer support then - follow the link in my signature.

Trenloe
December 24th, 2020, 15:41
Make sure your subscription through PayPal is still active. If it's not then SmiteWorks will have been informed by PayPal and the subscription will no longer be valid - even if you have time left to run on your month.

Zaister
December 25th, 2020, 00:55
I think this happens if your PayPal email address is different from the one you're using for FG. I had the same thing occurring, and support linked the subscription to my account after I contacted them.

Jiminimonka
December 28th, 2020, 12:11
@Josh - do you think the assets for the buttons could be released - its quite irritating to me seeing extension like Player Agency or Shops with their completely off theme icons in amongst all the beauty of these themes you are making, and releasing the button assets would allow extension makers or other community members make the icons for Extensions match more themes.

mattekure
December 28th, 2020, 14:55
@Josh - do you think the assets for the buttons could be released - its quite irritating to me seeing extension like Player Agency or Shops with their completely off theme icons in amongst all the beauty of these themes you are making, and releasing the button assets would allow extension makers or other community members make the icons for Extensions match more themes.

Yes Please. Or as an alternative, modify the theme sidebars so that extension authors dont have to supply their own artwork. Make a single sidebar button definition part of the theme so extension authors can just provide the text for display.

TVDinner
December 29th, 2020, 02:16
@Josh - do you think the assets for the buttons could be released
And blank circle backgrounds for the tokens?

Jiminimonka
December 29th, 2020, 02:25
And blank circle backgrounds for the tokens?

Eh?

https://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/ is where I make tokens

jwatmough
December 30th, 2020, 21:49
Sorry for the late response! SmiteWorks own everything I create, and thus any such releases would have to be approved by the guys upstairs, but I will certainly pass along the request. This might be a little easier to manage once a unified extension/module system is put in motion. I will, however, see what I can do.

Aramis Dante
December 30th, 2020, 21:51
I have a question about the packs in general. Do they come with LOS already implemented or do you have to do that yourself. Because if it is already done for you that is a big time savings to me.

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2020, 22:06
I have a question about the packs in general. Do they come with LOS already implemented or do you have to do that yourself. Because if it is already done for you that is a big time savings to me.
You can see what packs have LOS added on the store page. Look for the LOS symbol.

Neovirtus
December 31st, 2020, 20:22
Is there any official record of what has been added to the subscription? I see that the Interior Map Pack and Jungle Map Pack have been released for December, but not the Wizard's Desk Theme it appears. I understand it is subject to change, but would appreciate an easy place to check what is new. Maybe an official release thread like we have for version updates? Also, it would be nice to have an official support thread like we have for rulesets, rather than just discussing issues in the announcement thread.

ddavison
December 31st, 2020, 20:33
Yes, just go to the FGU Art Pack Subscription landing page and it will list everything that is included up to that point.

As time goes on, the page layout will likely change to show a breakdown by month.

Go to Store > Art Subscription (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FGUArtSub.php) on the main site.

We swapped the Winter Theme in for December instead of the Wizard's Desk theme.

jwatmough
December 31st, 2020, 22:54
The wizards desk theme is being released in January. It was replaced with the winter theme for December. Changes like this may occur from time to time but I will post an updated released and upcoming releases schedule as well as start a request thread for products you all may wish to see released in the future. Thanks so much for your interest and support!

JW.

Mellock
December 31st, 2020, 23:24
I look forward to the Wizard's Desk theme. The Winter and Gothic themes were most wonderful and athmospherical additions to FGU. :)

Larsenex
January 1st, 2021, 14:14
Greetings Smiteworks!
Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a prosperous and joy filled new year!

I love the themes! I really love the winter theme!

I have a small request if possible. The numbers on the dice rolled show up very dark and I am not able to easily read them. Is there a way for me to change the color from dark to white like some other themes?

I have attached a small photo to show what I mean.

Larsenex

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ne36RzaQ3yGRkke27

jwatmough
January 1st, 2021, 18:28
Thanks for pointing this out, Larsenex. This issue has already been identified and should be resolved in the next update.

sedgetone
January 24th, 2021, 14:23
I know the bulk of users are D&D players but are we ever going to get some CoC art packs? Street furniture, interior house items for different ages. I'd love stuff like this for Delta Green and Tales From The Loop usage as well ad CoC.

jwatmough
January 24th, 2021, 16:09
Yes! We have many art packages set for production this year, including deviations from fantasy genres into more modern and futuristic areas.

HywelPhillips
January 24th, 2021, 16:35
I'll put in a request for Western, too, since Deadlands: The Weird West should be hitting the store soon :)

Cheers, Hywel

jwatmough
January 24th, 2021, 17:03
I am in the process of creating an art pack/theme request thread here on the forums that everyone may use to submit ideas and a sort of 'wish list' of upcoming products. Once completed, I will post a link here. I want to make sure that the art packages I produce are what you all want to see and use.

Game Maven
January 28th, 2021, 16:01
I will second a push for 1920's - 1930's packs and a new theme for Call of Cthulhu -- Due to covid I'm transitioning to FG for gaming - and need more options!

Thanks.

thesnoman24
January 28th, 2021, 21:33
I will third (?) the request for CoC themed art packs! Sounds like you are already all over it. Any insight into timeline for availability? Thanks!

Mytherus
January 31st, 2021, 05:56
I finally am getting comfortable making / editing maps in FGU so i looked at this art pack sub...seems good to me, thanks for the yearly sub option i generally dont like month to month .

Jiminimonka
February 1st, 2021, 12:44
I am in the process of creating an art pack/theme request thread here on the forums that everyone may use to submit ideas and a sort of 'wish list' of upcoming products. Once completed, I will post a link here. I want to make sure that the art packages I produce are what you all want to see and use.

Hi Josh, can you also add a features request for the drawing side of FGU - there are some areas where it really is in need of some changes. For example no snap to grid, painting layers are un-editable except with undo and the eraser. Having the paths for those lines, squares and circles be editable just like the LOS are editable. Drawing a rectangle has rounded corners, and if use the paint brush with an asset, it should detect and close the polygon when you double click, and that is variable or sometimes not present.

Obviously the art side is not as important as getting dynamic lighting and other bug fixes done, but it is a big selling feature.

HywelPhillips
February 1st, 2021, 13:10
I'd like to put in a request for a wild west pack, with the recent release of Deadlands :) A lot of landscape features are usable from other packs but a few more desert tiles and a lot of wooden walls, boardwalks and maybe some wooden buildings and building decorations would be very useful.

Cheers, Hywel Phillips

esmdev
February 6th, 2021, 16:33
I think it would be useful to have some sci-fi and modern interiors.

sedgetone
February 6th, 2021, 16:42
Space opera type tiles but also something along the Shadowrun style. I've been running a Bladerunner game using Genesys and this would be useful.

ddavison
February 9th, 2021, 14:42
This month's art pack subscription items have been added to the subscription.

Interior Map Pack 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=SWKARTPACK_TDOWN_INT_2)
Underwater Map Pack (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=SWKARTPACK_UNDERWATER)
Western Theme (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=SWKTHEME_WESTERN)

SilentRuin
February 9th, 2021, 15:36
This month's art pack subscription items have been added to the subscription.

Interior Map Pack 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=SWKARTPACK_TDOWN_INT_2)
Underwater Map Pack (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=SWKARTPACK_UNDERWATER)
Western Theme (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=SWKTHEME_WESTERN)

Excellent, with Interior Map Pack 2 that only leaves lighting for my evil plans for FG CON 16 to come to fruition! MUHAHHAHHA... (cough) ... I mean...

Glad to hear it -_-

SAVeira
February 9th, 2021, 16:59
I will second a push for 1920's - 1930's packs and a new theme for Call of Cthulhu -- Due to covid I'm transitioning to FG for gaming - and need more options!

Thanks.

I would also like pulp, 1920's-1930's theme.

rhagelstrom
February 15th, 2021, 20:53
With all these art packs it would be informational if on the image there was an indication of the total amount of data (KB/MB) that will be sent over to the clients.

macDsinfo
February 16th, 2021, 09:03
many thanks for the sub setup and map making support...

I posted this on discord but it might have been missed... am I the only dm that, when using the new WESTERN theme, sees a big blank box where the effects should be? players saw the effects list, but I did not (happened yesterday, 2/14). I closed the table, restarted with simple brown, and saw the effects list just fine. figured I would mention it here in case it has happened to others...

while on the topic - is there a way to save the fact I close the wanted poster - so that all that shows the next time I open is the wooden fence? saving the campaign does not save this.

again, many thanks for all the content and support.

Jiminimonka
February 16th, 2021, 12:09
With all these art packs it would be informational if on the image there was an indication of the total amount of data (KB/MB) that will be sent over to the clients.

Its not going to be much difference between themes, and would only impact someone on a terrible internet connection (like 1990's connections)

Trenloe
February 16th, 2021, 12:42
The total amount of data will depend on what assets are added to an image that is then shared with a player. I don't think providing the file size of every single asset woudl help many people. I doubt many GMs will want to work out exactly which assets they've used and then come and calculate the total file sizes to then get an idea of the total size being sent to clients. I wonder exactly what the need is for this?

rhagelstrom
February 17th, 2021, 03:53
The total amount of data will depend on what assets are added to an image that is then shared with a player. I don't think providing the file size of every single asset woudl help many people. I doubt many GMs will want to work out exactly which assets they've used and then come and calculate the total file sizes to then get an idea of the total size being sent to clients. I wonder exactly what the need is for this?

I mean just the sum of all the assets in the image and paint layers. Given that the assets, if you subscribe to the art subscription takes a pretty long time to download, it is pretty easy to just go overboard in adding assets to you map without any idea of the the potential fallout. Generally if someone has a 14 MB raster image they are sharing with their players and it is a problem the solution is: don't do that, make it smaller. If you make an image with assets you don't really know the sum of all the assets and layers you are sharing. Yes I know a single image asset is only sent once even if duplicated multiple times. Even if someone isn't using assets and shares a 14 MB image and it is slow or problematic, the fact the image says 14MB might be a hint to change something. I agree no one really cares about the size of a single asset image such as a wall, tent, door or whatever.

Kelrugem
February 17th, 2021, 12:14
Instead of a file size for assets I think it would be nice when the map creation tools of FGU have some box somewhere showing the actual total file size (sum of the file size of all assets) :) That would help, to avoid making too big maps :)

Trenloe
February 17th, 2021, 13:00
Feature requests can be made here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Kelrugem
February 17th, 2021, 21:34
Feature requests can be made here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thanks, I've added it here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135717 :)

Nightan
February 19th, 2021, 03:00
Wizard theme is broken currently (Story templates are broken and you can make new ones)

jwatmough
February 19th, 2021, 03:42
Wizard theme is broken currently (Story templates are broken and you can make new ones)

Are you referring to the Wizard's Desk theme? I do not get any errors or issues. Could you clarify your issues so that we might be able to help you with a solution?

Nightan
February 19th, 2021, 07:07
When opening a new story you can not make a title and it is not aligned correctly. i have most recent update and no extension on.https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43941&d=1613718303

wndrngdru
February 19th, 2021, 15:07
When opening a new story you can not make a title and it is not aligned correctly. i have most recent update and no extension on.

What Ruleset are you using?

Neovirtus
February 19th, 2021, 15:56
When using the Winter theme, the background "frame" art does not line up with the desktop icons. In particular, the Library button and chat window clearly overlap with the artwork.

Windows 10, 64-bit
1440x2560 resolution monitor
v4.0.10 Ultimate (2021-02-04)
5E
No extensions
Clean campaign

Is there a proper support thread for issues with official themes and artwork?

Neovirtus
February 19th, 2021, 15:58
The Simple Gray and Simple Brown themes do not replace many of the assets used in the SFRPG ruleset, yielding a mix of gray/brown assets and blue futuristic assets. One example is the Ship Combat Tracker button, but there are others in most windows.

Windows 10, 64-bit
1440x2560 resolution monitor
v4.0.10 Ultimate (2021-02-04)
5E
No extensions
Clean campaign

LordEntrails
February 19th, 2021, 15:58
Is there a proper support thread for issues with official themes and artwork?
Until Josh starts one, no. Just create a new thread per issue in the House of Healing :)

Nightan
February 19th, 2021, 16:03
5E sorry and thank you :)

Neovirtus
February 19th, 2021, 16:03
Thanks, not sure why that didn't occur to me!

wndrngdru
February 19th, 2021, 16:32
5E sorry and thank you :)

I replied to your thread in the House of Healing forum. I'm sure Josh will get right on that.

jwatmough
February 19th, 2021, 17:59
We have verified the issue and it has been fixed. It will be available in the product's next update. Thanks so much everyone for the help in identifying the problem.

CarlPalmer
February 23rd, 2021, 17:58
Will there ever be any sci-fi related packs?

Jiminimonka
February 23rd, 2021, 18:23
Will there ever be any sci-fi related packs?

Yeah, and it has been stated in this thread a few times already, as well as on the FG stream on Saturdays.

macDsinfo
March 7th, 2021, 00:40
many thanks for the sub setup and map making support...

I posted this on discord but it might have been missed... am I the only dm that, when using the new WESTERN theme, sees a big blank box where the effects should be? players saw the effects list, but I did not (happened yesterday, 2/14). I closed the table, restarted with simple brown, and saw the effects list just fine. figured I would mention it here in case it has happened to others...

again, many thanks for all the content and support.mentioning this again, because it happened again to me this morning... thx again for everything.

jwatmough
March 7th, 2021, 16:44
Thanks for pointing this out, I will check into it and get a fix straight away.

Jiminimonka
March 9th, 2021, 15:08
Thanks for pointing this out, I will check into it and get a fix straight away.

Did I see a new Art Pack today Josh?! City Interior or something

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 18:17
If I buy FG Theme - Modern, will I be able to edit it if I want?

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2021, 18:50
The themes are not accessible or editable. They are in the vault.

You could potentially override the theme by defining another extension with a higher load order.

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 19:19
delete

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 19:21
The themes are not accessible or editable. They are in the vault.

You could potentially override the theme by defining another extension with a higher load order.

Regards,
JPG

What number is the load order of the theme? Then I will know what higher number I will need.

Griogre
March 9th, 2021, 19:27
I don't know, but I set my button override to 250 and it worked. Try that while you wait.

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2021, 19:30
load order is usually a number between 1 to 100.

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 19:36
load order is usually a number between 1 to 100.

I know that. I need to know the load order number of the purchased Fantasy Grounds Theme so I can override it with some changes I want to make (needing a higher number than the FG Theme number).

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 19:36
I don't know, but I set my button override to 250 and it worked. Try that while you wait.

Thanks! I'll try that.

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 20:16
250 load order for override extension worked. The Modern Theme is great! Just needed a few tweaks for the 4E ruleset :-)

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 21:03
FG Modern Theme:
Ruleset 4E
No Extension

With FG Modern Theme I am losing the wound color text. The colors showing the wound amount no longer show.

https://i.imgur.com/76m0U1e.png

kevininrussia
March 9th, 2021, 22:36
FG Modern Theme:
Ruleset 4E

Not sure if these icons were missed or if that's what should be there.

https://i.imgur.com/qYc7eBY.png

kevininrussia
March 10th, 2021, 02:57
FG Modern Theme:
Ruleset 4E

NPC sheets are not getting the Modern Theme treatment.

https://i.imgur.com/SC6DA48.png

kevininrussia
March 10th, 2021, 17:22
FG Modern Theme:
Ruleset 4E

Latest update replaced the AT-Will, Encounter, Daily power colors with Orange. Those need to remain the same color as before (green, red, dark gray) so the player will know the action type of the power.

https://i.imgur.com/UEmekz0.png

Jiminimonka
March 13th, 2021, 19:05
Back on topic - the new art pack for making images is cool!

TomtheBu
May 6th, 2021, 21:08
Thank you for these wonderful assets. The scifi interiors map pack and the spaceship art pack come right on cue for the start of my Deadlands Lost Colony Campaign.
But I wonder how to access the maps of premade Scifi interiors? There is no such folder under "Images" in the Scifi Interiors Map Pack.
Thanks in advance :)

jwatmough
May 6th, 2021, 22:13
Thank you for these wonderful assets. The scifi interiors map pack and the spaceship art pack come right on cue for the start of my Deadlands Lost Colony Campaign.
But I wonder how to access the maps of premade Scifi interiors? There is no such folder under "Images" in the Scifi Interiors Map Pack.
Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for pointing this out; they didn't seem to make it into the pack before release but I will get them into the patch system as well as the premade spaceships for the spaceship art pack.

TomtheBu
May 7th, 2021, 09:17
This sounds great. Thank you very much!

Zarestia
May 9th, 2021, 16:00
My "OCD" can't unsee the minor horizontal & vertical tiling issue in the winter theme for monitors > 1080p. It's btw my favorite theme, which changes the whole tabletop experience so much! :D
If this somehow could get enhanced for higher resolutions I would greatly appreciate it. :)

I don't have an attachment button in this thread, so here:

https://i.imgur.com/0vSyZXW.jpg

jwatmough
May 9th, 2021, 16:01
Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I will get it fixed straight away.

Jiminimonka
May 9th, 2021, 17:51
We are happy to announce the release of a new initiative - the FGU Art Pack Subscription. For $5/month, you get access to everything in the art pack. Over time, we will continue to add more and more products into the art pack. You maintain access to the product for as long as your subscription remains active.

Every product we add to the sub will be available for purchase separately for those who don't like subscriptions. For those of you who have already bought everything Joshua has created for us so far, your value won't start to show up until we release several more items.

Read more about it here:

Art Pack Contents:

Fantasy Grounds 2019 Art Pack
Abyss Art Pack
Coastlines Art Pack
Crests Art Pack
Regional Map Pack
Gothic Theme
Town Art Pack
Underground Map Pack
Forest Map Pack
Fundamental Fantasy Map Pack
Fundamental Fantasy Map Pack II
Mountain Top Castle Map Pack

OCT 2020 Additions

Underground
Coastlines
Gothic Theme

NOV 2020 Additions

Mountains Map Pack
Futuristic Theme

DEC 2020 Planned Releases (Subject to change)

Jungle Map Pack
Interior Map pack
Wizards Desk Theme

This needs updating! ;)

Larsenex
May 10th, 2021, 15:51
Jason, the Winter theme is also my favorite and I own a few of them. The font and way its done is right on the mark without overly cluttering the work area.

Just a hint but a similar theme (spring or summer) in nearly similar form but maybe in a cool green?

Love the themes!

kevininrussia
May 11th, 2021, 00:37
Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I will get it fixed straight away.

While you are at it, how about moving the vertical line more to the right so it fits with the new button size?

Ludd_G
May 11th, 2021, 10:59
While you are at it, how about moving the vertical line more to the right so it fits with the new button size?

That would be great!

jwatmough
May 11th, 2021, 13:50
The Winter theme has been updated with both fixes. I have sent it in to be pushed into the patch system.
I do have plans for spring, summer, and autumn themes for the future!

Thanks so much

Surge
May 11th, 2021, 18:16
Josh,

If you are interested in fixing tiling issues, there are a LOT in the default PFRPG2 ruleset theme frames that I would super appreciate being fixed. :D :D

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2021, 19:22
Josh,

If you are interested in fixing tiling issues, there are a LOT in the default PFRPG2 ruleset theme frames that I would super appreciate being fixed. :D :D

You might want to be more specific. I'm not seeing any issues with the default PRFPG2 theme.

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2021, 19:40
This needs updating! ;)

I've updated it.

Neovirtus
May 11th, 2021, 20:22
I've updated it.

Just FYI, the "As of" date is now incorrect, but thanks for updating it!

Kelrugem
May 11th, 2021, 20:38
Just FYI, the "As of" date is now incorrect, but thanks for updating it!

It is actually correct in DD/MM/YYYY format (as in many parts of Europe) :) Zacchaeus was probably thinking in that format as I do, too :D

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2021, 20:42
Changed date to an clearer format :)

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2021, 20:45
Changed date to an clearer format :)

It was perfectly clear to me :)

US spelling I'm now proficient in but dates still catch me out :)

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2021, 20:59
IMO, European dating is much more user friendly. But us 'mericans are stubborn!

FyreM
May 11th, 2021, 22:08
Industrial theme
is listed twice.

Neovirtus
May 11th, 2021, 22:28
It is actually correct in DD/MM/YYYY format (as in many parts of Europe) :) Zacchaeus was probably thinking in that format as I do, too :D

lol I should have thought of that. Zacchaeus, you shouldn't have to conform to our inferior American conventions. I regret calling attention to this.

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2021, 23:04
Industrial theme
is listed twice.
That’s because it’s twice as good. Fixed. :D

kevininrussia
May 17th, 2021, 06:35
The Winter theme has been updated with both fixes. I have sent it in to be pushed into the patch system.
I do have plans for spring, summer, and autumn themes for the future!

Thanks so much

Did this get pushed? I am not seeing the fix.
https://i.imgur.com/LJHEaft.png

Zacchaeus
May 17th, 2021, 08:57
It seems to have been

Jiminimonka
May 17th, 2021, 11:48
IMO, European dating is much more user friendly. But us 'mericans are stubborn!

Yep. You can't spell and get the dates wrong all the time ��

kevininrussia
May 17th, 2021, 14:12
It seems to have been

I forced an update but still have the old version. I was previously on the Test server. Would that cause it not to update on the Live server?

Neovirtus
May 17th, 2021, 14:51
I forced an update but still have the old version. I was previously on the Test server. Would that cause it not to update on the Live server?

Did you switch back to Live in settings?

jwatmough
May 17th, 2021, 15:01
The way the patch system works, in most cases and excluding hotfixes, is that it goes into the test channel before it hits live. Also, in most cases, updates come out on Tuesdays. I would suspect it will be pushed live tomorrow, but I can not be certain as that is not anything I have direct dealings with.

kevininrussia
May 17th, 2021, 15:14
The way the patch system works, in most cases and excluding hotfixes, is that it goes into the test channel before it hits live. Also, in most cases, updates come out on Tuesdays. I would suspect it will be pushed live tomorrow, but I can not be certain as that is not anything I have direct dealings with.

Okay, so it was pushed to Test but not Live yet. Thanks for the info!

TomtheBu
May 19th, 2021, 08:22
Thanks for pointing this out; they didn't seem to make it into the pack before release but I will get them into the patch system as well as the premade spaceships for the spaceship art pack.

Good morning,

in the Scifi Interiors Map Pack and the Spaceship Art Pack, the premade maps are still missing. I use the assets via Art Pack Subscription. Is there maybe another update channel for the Subscription Packs?

Zarestia
May 29th, 2021, 16:02
New minor theme error found:
The Industrial Theme has a problem on > 1080p resoulution with Decal4. Although I've never used this theme :( too many for too few games..

https://i.imgur.com/rqpcU0U.jpg

Ahzad
August 8th, 2021, 00:29
not sure if this has been asked before or not I skimmed through a few threads and it's possible I've overlooked it. I've a suggestion for the art subscription. I would like to see the art subscription assets have more than the 2 letter FG designator, maybe FGA for Fantasy Grounds Art, or FGAA for Fantasy Grounds Art Asset. As it is I'm unable to use the search function to quickly look at the various assets, b/c the search needs to be at least 3 letters. Is it a big deal? No, but it would make things a touch easier to quickly pull those assets together when I'm building images/maps.

thanks,

Laerun
August 8th, 2021, 03:08
The art sub packages are grouped into their own area online: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FGUArtSub.php
If you are referring to the art assets from within FG, it take some time to understand how the search function sorts to find what you are looking for. You have brushes, etc in each pack. You will need to open them up and look at the assets and become familiar with the content and how they are actually grouped and titled. One safe thing to do would be to search for the Pack Name in the FG assets search window. FGA also happens to be the same acronym that we just changed to from, Fantasy Grounds College, FGC to FGA, Fantasy Grounds Academy.

Ahzad
August 8th, 2021, 04:18
The art sub packages are grouped into their own area online: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FGUArtSub.php
If you are referring to the art assets from within FG, it take some time to understand how the search function sorts to find what you are looking for. You have brushes, etc in each pack. You will need to open them up and look at the assets and become familiar with the content and how they are actually grouped and titled. One safe thing to do would be to search for the Pack Name in the FG assets search window. FGA also happens to be the same acronym that we just changed to from, Fantasy Grounds College, FGC to FGA, Fantasy Grounds Academy.

Yea i was talking within the asset folder in FG. I understand how the search function sorts, to refine down what you are looking for, I was looking for an easier way to sort at the top level of the asset folder. For example I don't want to see every folder in the assets I want to be able to just look at the all the FG art asset folders on that top level without looking at all the various other folders, and to be able to sort and just view those folders you need to be able to search at a two word minimum instead of the three word min that there is now, or to change the prefix from FG to a FG(x?).

Ahzad
August 8th, 2021, 04:30
FG [space] will apparently do what I'm asking for. I didn't think of just hitting space, since I was thrown by the wording of 2 letters and I wouldn't have considered space a letter. I wouldn't have thought to try that.

ddavison
August 8th, 2021, 15:18
not sure if this has been asked before or not I skimmed through a few threads and it's possible I've overlooked it. I've a suggestion for the art subscription. I would like to see the art subscription assets have more than the 2 letter FG designator, maybe FGA for Fantasy Grounds Art, or FGAA for Fantasy Grounds Art Asset. As it is I'm unable to use the search function to quickly look at the various assets, b/c the search needs to be at least 3 letters. Is it a big deal? No, but it would make things a touch easier to quickly pull those assets together when I'm building images/maps.

thanks,

Hey Ahzad,

Yes, having a longer, distinct prefix would have been a good choice for optimizing the search speed of those assets. I need to investigate to remind myself if we can just swap the display name and get the same benefit or not. We can't change the actual module names because that breaks the paths for anything previously built on it.

For any artist or developer building their own packs, a good takeaway is that if you have a distinct 4 or 5 character prefix or tag for your modules, the searches of those are less likely to find false hits and will be faster in searches for people that have vast asset libraries.

FyreM
August 9th, 2021, 19:41
I am still at a loss to find an 'updated every month' list of FG art packs.. ie .. what art pack(s) were released in Aug? , JuLy? June?
so that i knwo what is NEW to go open and look at.

Even if i know what i want to draw out, i helps to have a recent memory of twhat IS IN the packs. so i would like to open up and just walk the recent months patks so that i can familurze myself with the contents. but i just dont know how to tell each month which are the newly added packs.

Neovirtus
August 9th, 2021, 20:53
I am still at a loss to find an 'updated every month' list of FG art packs.. ie .. what art pack(s) were released in Aug? , JuLy? June?
so that i knwo what is NEW to go open and look at.

Even if i know what i want to draw out, i helps to have a recent memory of twhat IS IN the packs. so i would like to open up and just walk the recent months patks so that i can familurze myself with the contents. but i just dont know how to tell each month which are the newly added packs.

I agree, I'm finding the current method of telling us what our subscription money is buying isn't great. Would love to have a thread I could subscribe to that would be updated with a new post every time something is added to the subscription. Maybe post a couple images of the contents/examples of maps made with the assets.

ddavison
August 10th, 2021, 00:42
Thanks for the feedback. Please check the sub page now and let me know if you like that version better.

FyreM
August 10th, 2021, 00:47
Much Better! thank you

Neovirtus
August 10th, 2021, 03:12
Looks great, much more informative!

Zarestia
August 10th, 2021, 14:43
I don't think this was already reported, but the sidebar sizing in the Pathfinder 2 ruleset is off:

https://i.imgur.com/4Bpsuk6.png

SmackDaddy
August 10th, 2021, 20:21
I was considering purchasing a theme or two, but the screens are using the "old" buttons in FGU, would anyone be able to share what the themes in the Art Pack look like with the updated right side menu? Much appreciated!

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2021, 00:20
See the post immediately above yours. They look like that. That is the buttons are just text inside the frame.

Magentawolf
August 14th, 2021, 23:19
Given that the vast majority of the items in the subscription were compatible with Fantasy Grounds Classic, I didn't notice that the entire thing was only Unity-compatible. Is there any way I can download things manually, or should I just beg for a refund?

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2021, 00:26
Given that the vast majority of the items in the subscription were compatible with Fantasy Grounds Classic, I didn't notice that the entire thing was only Unity-compatible. Is there any way I can download things manually, or should I just beg for a refund?
There is no need to beg, a support ticket within 30 days of purchase will get a refund just by asking. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

The FG Update mechanism is the only means for downloading, and I believe all the items are protected in the Vault so you can not use them outside of FG. Have you tried running an Update in FGC and seeing if they download for you? They obviously won't have LOS and lighting, and the ones that are tiles will be of minimal use, but I think they will download and you can load them into FGC. But, haven't tried myself.

Magentawolf
August 15th, 2021, 01:02
There is no need to beg, a support ticket within 30 days of purchase will get a refund just by asking. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

The FG Update mechanism is the only means for downloading, and I believe all the items are protected in the Vault so you can not use them outside of FG. Have you tried running an Update in FGC and seeing if they download for you? They obviously won't have LOS and lighting, and the ones that are tiles will be of minimal use, but I think they will download and you can load them into FGC. But, haven't tried myself.

The other items I purchased downloaded when I ran the update, but nothing from the subscription has made itself available.

ddavison
August 15th, 2021, 01:25
The subscription doesn’t work with FG Classic. We should be able to get you refunded in a timely manner if you contact support.fantasygrounds.com