PDA

View Full Version : Connection issue

bmos
September 30th, 2020, 14:56
I was connected to my GM's server and then I lost connection.
Now when I try to connect, it hangs at "Attempting resolved connection to server"

I'm pretty sure him restarting the server will fix it, but here are the logs in case it helps (as I have seen this/a similar issue before)
Noble connect has some permissions errors.

Sorry I don't have GM logs, I think he's at work right now.

Zacchaeus
September 30th, 2020, 15:01
When you disconnect it is sometines the case that you hang around for a while afterwards. To speed up the process have your DM kick you from the game.

bmos
September 30th, 2020, 15:05
When you disconnect it is sometines the case that you hang around for a while afterwards. To speed up the process have your DM kick you from the game.It's been at least 45minutes (probably closer to 90minutes), shouldn't it have auto-kicked me by now?

LordEntrails
September 30th, 2020, 16:54
Yes, but if for some reason the host doesn't see the disconnect then they will have to kick you. Would be good to post both player and host logs if that is the case and the resolution.

smelton
September 30th, 2020, 17:23
It looks like there is an issue with the relay server. I will escalate this issue with our service provider. If you want/need to reconnect right now, you might disable IPv6 on your network adapter and then try to reconnect. If you decide to do that, please let me know if it works that way.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2020, 17:31
If you need to kick a player, but their PC portrait is not longer there, you can use the chat commands listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53149-Kicking-Disconected-Players-Viewing-all-Connections&p=543066&viewfull=1#post543066

bmos
September 30th, 2020, 18:09
Unfortunately his server is offline now (I think his power went out during the storm earlier) but if it happens again I will try that! Thanks for looking :)