PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 v1.1.4a

MadBeardMan
September 30th, 2020, 10:33
Morning All,

I'm sending over tonight an updated ruleset for MG1.1.4. It's basically all urgent issues are sorted.

[Fixed] FGU Fonts. I told off the Font robot and they've assured me they're almost the same as FGC
[Fixed] Augmentations and Armour. Augmentations have been told to stay well away for now, except Subdermal Armour. A new 'field' is planned in the future that allows Augmentation to state if they affect armour and in what way
[Updated] Armour Stacking. I've removed the stacking rules, basically it was based on the highest armour value for the damage type incoming. Now it's upto the Referee to stop players 'wearing' more than one piece of armour if it's not allowed
[Fixed] Skills. The error if the player hadn't gone to the Action Tab has been fixed
[Updated] Characteristics. When changing characteristics, the change 'amount' has been sent to the Action Tab Current value. For example, you change your STR from 8 to 9 and you current Value was 3, it will become 4. This addresses the need to (when creating a character) go to the action tab and reset the Current Value
[Updated] Damage Types. Acid and Poison have been added as DT and these will become DoT (Damage over Time) in v1.1.5
[Updated] NPC's. Tidied up the labels and positioning
[Fixed] NPC's. Removed the UPP for non-humans
[Updated] Systems. Make sure the Trade Tab has an 'add' button, and you can only edit the data if you've clicked the 'edit' button

Also note do not use the Spaceship Extension, it upsets the Actions rolls for characters for some reason.

Cheers,
MBM

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
October 1st, 2020, 17:38
Folks,

This has gone to SmiteWorks!

Is in TEST now, and should go LIVE on Tuesday.

Cheers,
MBM

Elvedui
October 2nd, 2020, 14:17
Will you also add a field for augmentations where lets say the arm also affects ST?

MadBeardMan
October 3rd, 2020, 14:27
Will you also add a field for augmentations where lets say the arm also affects ST?

Hi Elvedui,

Yea, going to think about how best to allow Stats to be affected as well we other things. I think it'll be a custom field for Augmentations, but with how Equipment works now that's easily achievable.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 3rd, 2020, 21:49
Hi Elvedui,

Yea, going to think about how best to allow Stats to be affected as well we other things. I think it'll be a custom field for Augmentations, but with how Equipment works now that's easily achievable.

Cheers,
MBM

Could the field be programed to be additive ? As in you have one piece of gear that provides +2 Str and then you get another item that provides another +2 it would add them together to be +4? No idea if there are such things, just trying to think ahead.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
October 4th, 2020, 12:17
Could the field be programed to be additive ? As in you have one piece of gear that provides +2 Str and then you get another item that provides another +2 it would add them together to be +4? No idea if there are such things, just trying to think ahead.

Xargun

Hi Xargun,

To answer your question, yes. Any stats added in this field, will be added to any other changes, so you'll get the +4.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
October 6th, 2020, 19:31
Looks like 1.1.4a is available.

Xargun

Dalton Calford
October 6th, 2020, 20:42
Spacecraft Extension - Have not seen that. Is there a place for all the extensions that can be used for Traveller are listed?

esmdev
October 6th, 2020, 21:05
Spacecraft Extension - Have not seen that. Is there a place for all the extensions that can be used for Traveller are listed?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56533-Community-Expansions

rcruk
October 7th, 2020, 01:04
Thanks for the continued effort MBM.

Restless night so decided I'd try out the update.

Unfortunately, though everything now reads correctly in the PS, including the rating showing the total amount of stacked protection. Assuming doing things correctly when I roll PC on PC as the GM, I'm still only getting the highest armour rating subtracted from the damage roll when automating damage on the targeted character through the action tab.

I will try tomorrow with a player to see if it's just when no one else is logged in or something like that. I've removed, and dragged and dropped weapons and armour back into the characters inventory incase that was a factor. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Maybe I'm not doing it right?

R.

esmdev
October 7th, 2020, 01:23
Thanks for the continued effort MBM.

Restless night so decided I'd try out the update.

Unfortunately, though everything now reads correctly in the PS, including the rating showing the total amount of stacked protection. Assuming doing things correctly when I roll PC on PC as the GM, I'm still only getting the highest armour rating subtracted from the damage roll when automating damage on the targeted character through the action tab.

I will try tomorrow with a player to see if it's just when no one else is logged in or something like that. I've removed, and dragged and dropped weapons and armour back into the characters inventory incase that was a factor. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Maybe I'm not doing it right?

R.

I agree, something isn't working. I used an NPC to shoot a laser at a test character with Reflec and a Vacc Suit. The damage is only taking into account one or the other, but not both.

MadBeardMan
October 7th, 2020, 08:53
I agree, something isn't working. I used an NPC to shoot a laser at a test character with Reflec and a Vacc Suit. The damage is only taking into account one or the other, but not both.

Hi All,

Any news on the FGU fonts, that was the primary reason for this quick update.

I'll check the armour is behaving properly this evening and put that into v1.1.5 which is being worked on and will go to TEST next week. When things go to TEST if people can that would be ace.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
October 7th, 2020, 14:52
Hi All,

I don't normally use FGU so I am not sure what the fonts looked like before, but I updated and looked around and various systems and everything looked good to me. Scaled around from 80 to 100 and they adjusted and such as I expected.

rcruk
October 7th, 2020, 17:57
Hi All,

I'll check the armour is behaving properly this evening and put that into v1.1.5 which is being worked on and will go to TEST next week. When things go to TEST if people can that would be ace.

Cheers,
MBM

FGU fonts look much nicer since the update, clearer and easier to read. Not spotted any problems. Happened at the same time as adjusting my screen settings (lowering brightness and contrast) and had initially thought it was that which had made such a huge difference. Proper job on the fonts!

R.

MadBeardMan
October 8th, 2020, 16:35
FGU fonts look much nicer since the update, clearer and easier to read. Not spotted any problems. Happened at the same time as adjusting my screen settings (lowering brightness and contrast) and had initially thought it was that which had made such a huge difference. Proper job on the fonts!

R.

Nice, thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
MBM