PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Modules WHM series not accessible in Unity or downloadable if purchased

Zygmunt Molotch
September 30th, 2020, 04:02
ks00_ogl_kithtakharos_setting.mod, (the $10 usd one), (NOT the free ks01 mod) for some reason no longer downloadable from the store, (have purchased it in the account and shows the record)

but it _still_doesn't push through the client as I was looking into why when I noticed that it and...

ks02_ogl_the_missing_harvesters.mod (which is still downloadable through the store as a zipand , it's not loading in Unity either) have the following issue

Both modules need the definition.xml editing in the store for the ampersand in the author field, as they're not escaped

and I believe they both need a boat load of apostrophe escaping too

I know these are 'old' modules and what not but should be an easy change for the zip in the store

(neither are auto pushing for those on Unity clients, but if the markup is fixed, I can't see why they wouldnt work...)

picture shows unity on the left, classic on the right

if I manually go and edit these purchased modules escaping ampersands and apostrophe, they work, but I don't think reposting correct versions of paid modules is allowed :D

Moon Wizard
October 1st, 2020, 00:53
Thanks for reporting this. Those products were created even before the first patch system was created, and had to be installed manually from the download links in the order history. (which is probably how you installed originally)

Once I found the physical files, I was able to add to the current FGC and FGU patch systems. You should be able to run a new Check For Updates, and get them installed automatically.

Regards,
JPG

Zygmunt Molotch
October 1st, 2020, 08:31
Thanks for reporting this. Those products were created even before the first patch system was created, and had to be installed manually from the download links in the order history. (which is probably how you installed originally)

Once I found the physical files, I was able to add to the current FGC and FGU patch systems. You should be able to run a new Check For Updates, and get them installed automatically.

Regards,
JPG

that almost worked but didn't quite completely!

after removing my versions from the modules folder, and updating via the client

all 3 downloaded, but only

ks_01 was accessible via FG

ks_00P the setting module
and
ks_02P the missing harvesters

are now completely "missing"

they're in the Vault, but they contain nothing, no json either, so I guess the parser you ran, ran into issues with them... and didn't populate the json(?)

the others in the series

ks_03_the_nine_towers
ks_04_the_dreamers_awaken
ks_05_seal_the_rift
ks20_ogl_simple_scenario_bundle (the hideout, the repository, spider hunt!)

all seem to work

here is them in the 'vault', at least registered as

however, the .dat are empty for ks00, ks02

guess we're half way there, at least it knows I bought them :D

Moon Wizard
October 1st, 2020, 18:30
Since these are grandfathered products, they get installed to the modules folder; and the vault only contains the .dat with the manifest.

I did find that there were some older XML issues that prevented the modules from being identified and loaded by FGU; and I've pushed updated to those into the patch system.

Can you run a new Update and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

Zygmunt Molotch
October 2nd, 2020, 03:56
*snip*
Can you run a new Update and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

I believe that's done it!

seems they're all coming through and loadable!

thanks for the assist Moon Wizard!

I hope that fix solves more quirks, especially hidden ones!